Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Roeder is to blame

I did not agree  with Gunny''s appointment, I think our situation called for an experienced manager.

But he is not to blame for our very likely relegation, to me this "honour" has to go Glenn Roeder whose failure to sign a centre-forward in the close season has cost us big time.

Something like 2/3rds of our defeats have been by the odd goal. This proves my point, the top scorer at the club is Mr Own Goal this is a joke.

Our only hope is that Barnsley lose at Coventry and our goal difference could come into play. 

I have been going to Carrow Rd since 1969 and I still cannot believe we are going into the third division it will be worse than any 1st Div/Premiership relegation or semi final defeat but there it is.

My plea to the board next season is please, please do not go down the loan route. Lets have some of our own players for god sake. 

Correctly if I am wrong, but by the time the season ends, Gunny will have had 4 and a half months to get us the points we need to stay up. That is half a season, so why is he exempt from the blame? Yes Roeder had to go, but an experienced man in charge like GR or ticket office supremo Bryan Gunn? Isn''t it a no-brainer? You forget that it is now Gunn''s team with many of Gunn''s players. And he is failing. Because he is a useless excuse for a football manager.

[quote user="canarytim"]

I did not agree  with Gunny''s appointment, I think our situation called for an experienced manager.

But he is not to blame for our very likely relegation, to me this "honour" has to go Glenn Roeder whose failure to sign a centre-forward in the close season has cost us big time.

Something like 2/3rds of our defeats have been by the odd goal. This proves my point, the top scorer at the club is Mr Own Goal this is a joke.

Our only hope is that Barnsley lose at Coventry and our goal difference could come into play. 

I have been going to Carrow Rd since 1969 and I still cannot believe we are going into the third division it will be worse than any 1st Div/Premiership relegation or semi final defeat but there it is.

My plea to the board next season is please, please do not go down the loan route. Lets have some of our own players for god sake. 

[/quote]

All wrong IMO

The Board are to blame as they ultimately make all the decisions so my plea to the Board is

Piss off at the end of the season and turn the lights off on the way out of our once great club......

The board is to blame and my plea to them would be to clear off and never be heard from again!

If it wasn''t for Roeder we would have been in League One this season, people have very short memories. Sure he was an idiot and had a bad season this time but he did do very well to begin with.Peter Grant is the worst manager I''ve seen at norwich in 25 years of supporting. The mess he left us in is almost insane, transforming Worthy''s midtable team to the worst in the league in months.Appointing Bryan Gunn was a joke. I mean, he isn''t a manager, what more is there to say. May as well as made Doc player-manager...But the buck stops firmly with the board, all these awful appointments were overseen by these useless idiots.

Of course it''s the board who are to blame.  Not just in this era, but also in Chase''s.  You continually sell your best players and you end up with a crap team.  Full stop.