Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Our biggest mistake this season...

'''' Huddersfield make it four away wins on the trot despite Walsall''s Jabo Ibehre giving the hosts an early 2-0 lead.''''Its clear to me the biggest mistake this season was letting Lee Clark leave the club. Its Roeder that should have gone. Performances swung the other way after Lee left, not that they were great before but things got much worse following Clarks decision to leave for Huddersfield.How the board couldnt see that letting Clark go would be a mistake is beyond me. If Roeder had been sacked when it became evident Clark wanted to be a top man, and he''d been given the job im convinced we''d be safe by now.

The biggest mistake happened before the season even started, by letting Huckerby go.

The second was not getting rid of Roeder in time, probably a month and a half too late, its that period of the season that has cost us, November/December

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

The biggest mistake happened before the season even started, by letting Huckerby go.

The second was not getting rid of Roeder in time, probably a month and a half too late, its that period of the season that has cost us, November/December

[/quote]

Agree with every word!

[quote user="M.A.T.T"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Agree with every word!

[/quote]Completely disagree with both. While i was livid with the Hucks debacle and thought he defo would have made an impact this season i dont think thats the main reason were down there. And we got rid of Roeder at the right time. He deserved the time he was given based on saving us last season and giving him time for ''his'' team to gel. But after Clark left things turned for the worse, then the Charlton game made it clear he had lost the dressing room and it was time for a change. Nobody is relegated in November/December. On the contrary, one team was bottom of the league at that point once and ended up getting promoted.

Huckerby still would have picked us up points this season, that spark out of knowhere, that piece of magic. Today was a prime exam,ple, the ball in good areas, especially with croft, no end product, no quality, no nothing. Huckerby would have troubled the scummersthe way the game played out..unfortuantely we had no such outlet.

I said when Hucks was released it was a mistake, but i also said i''d wait for the new heroes...well im still waiting. Too many loans, too many effort players with no quality. No Magic, No Spark, No Huckerby = Relegation i''m afraid. It''s been on the cards for a couple of seasons now with things getting progressively worse.

The last mistake, dare isay it was the appointment of Gunn...yes he has passion, but no experience, no tactical knowlege no management skills and not many results. His points per game record is only marginally up on roeders (albeit he has had to pick up the pieces); would we have got relegated under an aidie boothroyd figure, i dont think we would. Tactical decisions have cost us points, the board have got it wrong again and we have to suffer the consequences.

[quote user="Barclayman (your Carrow Road SuperHero)"][quote user="M.A.T.T"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Completely disagree with both.

While i was livid with the Hucks debacle and thought he defo would have made an impact this season i dont think thats the main reason were down there. And we got rid of Roeder at the right time. He deserved the time he was given based on saving us last season and giving him time for ''his'' team to gel. But after Clark left things turned for the worse, then the Charlton game made it clear he had lost the dressing room and it was time for a change. Nobody is relegated in November/December. On the contrary, one team was bottom of the league at that point once and ended up getting promoted.
[/quote]

Your''e right that no-one gets relegated in Nov/Dec but the Norwich team as it stands TODAY is not one of the 3 worst teams in this league, back then when we lost something like 8 away games in a row- we probably were, Roeder was clearly out of ideas and it was being allowed to drift to far for too long and I''m afraid that the people such as yourself that didn''t see this until it was too late has cost us massive amounts of points at that mid-stage of the season.

As for the previous poster, whether Gunn was the right choice depends on whether we stay up or not - for me it really is that black or white!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

I totally agree regarding Hucks and also said so at the time.  The irony is that he will come back in November and spur us on to promotion back from from Division One.