Sign in to follow this  
SI

FAO Neil Doomcaster : Simplified accounts for 2009-2010 season.

Back in March 19th 2009, you published a simplified set of accounts for 2007-2008.

I took the liberty to help you creating your cash flow forecasts and accounts for next season 2009-2010. Unfortunately the link to the EDP article is gone missing.

For the purpose of this exercise, I assumed that senior players earn 5k per week on average.

The following players will be out of contract or returning to their clubs:

Jason Shackell

Defender 

Loanee

Lee Croft

Midfielder 

Out of Contract

David Carney

Midfielder 

Loanee

Mark Fotheringham

Midfielder 

Out of Contract

Alan Gow

Midfielder 

Loanee

David Mooney

Striker 

Loanee

Ryan Bertrand

Defender 

Loanee

Adrian Leijer

Defender 

Loanee

Alan Lee

Striker 

Loanee

Carl Cort

Striker 

Out of Contract

And in my opinion, the following players will be sold or released:

David Marshall

Goalkeeper 

Going

1 million

Sammy Clingan

Midfielder 

Going

1.5 million

Wesley Hoolahan

Midfielder 

Going

Matthew Pattison

Midfielder 

Going

Free

So in total you will have your wage bill reduced by nearly £4 million and a potential income from players’ sale of £ 3 million. “Lovely Jubbly” is probably going through your mind Neil.

Nearly 18 000 loyal supporters to the club have already renewed their season tickets, and I will suspect average attendance next year to be in the region of 22 000, so only a drop of 10% from existing figures, which will mean an income from gates of £ 6.75 million next year . ( I wish I had these figures in front of me to be very precise).

So far so good, you will think, back to profitability but at the expense of who:

US THE LOYAL SUPPORTERS.

If you think that we will be bouncing straight back then you will need to budget a fair amount of all the savings you are making because we will only have 18 professionals left in the books.

[quote user="SI"]

Back in March 19th 2009, you published a simplified set of accounts for 2007-2008.

I took the liberty to help you creating your cash flow forecasts and accounts for next season 2009-2010. Unfortunately the link to the EDP article is gone missing.

For the purpose of this exercise, I assumed that senior players earn 5k per week on average.

The following players will be out of contract or returning to their clubs:

Jason Shackell

Defender 

Loanee

Lee Croft

Midfielder 

Out of Contract

David Carney

Midfielder 

Loanee

Mark Fotheringham

Midfielder 

Out of Contract

Alan Gow

Midfielder 

Loanee

David Mooney

Striker 

Loanee

Ryan Bertrand

Defender 

Loanee

Adrian Leijer

Defender 

Loanee

Alan Lee

Striker 

Loanee

Carl Cort

Striker 

Out of Contract

And in my opinion, the following players will be sold or released:

David Marshall

Goalkeeper 

Going

1 million

Sammy Clingan

Midfielder 

Going

1.5 million

Wesley Hoolahan

Midfielder 

Going

Matthew Pattison

Midfielder 

Going

Free

So in total you will have your wage bill reduced by nearly £4 million and a potential income from players’ sale of £ 3 million. “Lovely Jubbly” is probably going through your mind Neil.

Nearly 18 000 loyal supporters to the club have already renewed their season tickets, and I will suspect average attendance next year to be in the region of 22 000, so only a drop of 10% from existing figures, which will mean an income from gates of £ 6.75 million next year . ( I wish I had these figures in front of me to be very precise).

So far so good, you will think, back to profitability but at the expense of who:

US THE LOYAL SUPPORTERS.

If you think that we will be bouncing straight back then you will need to budget a fair amount of all the savings you are making because we will only have 18 professionals left in the books.

[/quote]

That 3 million if we get that much will cover the loss of the 2.9million we would have got for being in the Championship. so no change there then.