Sign in to follow this  
Mr Magoo

When did planning for league 1 really start?

I do not buy any of this crap that the club is committed to staying up. I do not believe that they have remained focussed on the task of staying up and have refused to think about relegation. it is my opinion that when they sacked Roeder they knew that they it had all gone Fubar. The appointment of Gunn alongside his new management team all smack of league 1 ambitions, along with the purchase of Cody mcDonald who will do very well in league 1. Bryan Gunns soundbites about the return of Huckerby again is preparation for league 1 not survival.It is my firm opinion that the board has set itself for the challenge of league 1 and is not even thinking about survival. after yesterday I too find it hard to think about survival, if only the club had shown some ambition about staying up rather than throwing in the towel half way through a season. I know we do not have a knight in shining armour, (I wish we did) I know we have to make do with the board we have, I will continue to support the club, but surely I can still despise this board for what they have done to my club?

I thought Doncaster''s bleat about players wages was a pretty clear indication.  He claimed we could only afford £1.9m which is lower League 1 or upper League 2 level.

Given our precarious league position this season, the board would hardly be sound if they had not looked at the implications of relegation and worked on the possibility of it happening to understand how the business needs to be structured to avoid administration etc.

I agree that the appointment of Gunn was a cheap option aimed at enabling the club to wait and see what league we are in next year before making any longer term plans.

I really do not believe that this Board plans for anything, for many years they have behaved like a Rabbit caught in the headlights. It would be nice to think that when Relegation is confirmed, that a whole package of plans for next season are announced the next day. We all know however that new players will not arrive until July, in order to save wages. The Management issue should be sorted immediately, there is nothing to be gained by the Boards constant hesitation in decision making until it''s too late as always. When Glen Roeder was sacked, the initial shock that the Board had acted at all was replaced by a feeling that the Board had no idea what to do next. The only time that the Board has acted decisively, was when Mike Walker was sacked for no valid reason, I seem to recall that many weeks followed before a new Boss was appointed. I feel that our Board has lacked any Steel since then, maybe they were embarrassed by the heartless way they had treated a man who''s Wife was terminally ill. Maybe the Board will surprise me this time, maybe I will win the Lottery, I know which one is more likely to happen......

[quote user="First Wizard"]Always remember.........Prudence with zero ambition.[/quote]

Zero ambition Wiz!! thats a bit high surely,Delia hiring her mates as manager the last few times gets about a -50 rating on the ambition scale!