Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

What Kevin says

Caveat: we are friends of Kevin Lisbie and think him a decent, honest footballer and not a cheat (as has been suggested by some nor a w****r as a player) even if he does currently play for "The Scum" rather than Colchester United.

So The Girl Upstairs rang him up last night and asked if the "penalty" was a penalty.

"Well he gave it but I would think it was iffy.  I haven''t looked at the video but it was one on one challenge and I thought I skipped over him.  Honestly, I don''t know whether he caught me or not.  To be honest I was a bit surprised but these things happen.  The lino was up with play I think, where the ref was I am not sure."

The Girl Upstairs: "So not floored by him?"

Kevin: "No, I tried to skip over him and lost my footing.  It''s just one of those things -  we both went for it."

The Girl Upstairs: "Did you think you were fouled?"

Kevin: "To be honest, no.  Not to me. But come on, you have to ask the refs in this and we have all been on both sides of this.  He gave it, that''s it."

The Girl Upstairs: "Did you deserrve to win?"

Kevin: "Overall, yes I think.  They really came at us for the first half hour or so and it was a good first goal by them but after we equalised I thought they faded but we''ve done that as well.

The Girl Upstairs: "Best moment for you in the game?"

Kevin: "I thought I did a good layoff for our third goal."

The Girl Upstairs: "But not an obvious penalty?"

Kevin: "Not obvious to me but he gave it."

Decent, honest bloke we think this end, even if he does play for "The Scum" and  we wish we could have kept him at Colchester.

Sorry everyone.

[+o(]

Pretty much confirms what everyone thought, except the ref. It''s not a case of thinking it would have been 2:2, another shocking decision we''re on the wrong end of that changes the whole course of a game.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Decent, honest bloke we think this end, even if he does play for "The Scum" and  we wish we could have kept him at Colchester.

[/quote]

Then he should have told the ref that it wasn''t a penalty. It''s not unprecedented by really honest, decent blokes.

It hardly matters in the end whether he is a decent bloke or not - the penalty was given and even Gary Linekar would not have tried to get the decision reversed.

I do think there was a lot of vitriol on this board yesterday towards Lisbie as he was seen as figurehead for Ipswich after he put himself into that position by commenting pre-match.

However I do not think he will ever be in the league of dislike alongside the Counagos and Magiltons of this world.

There is also a picture of the cheating little c**t on the front of the EDp sports supplement today where he is clearly appealing for the penalty.

He also dived for us at PR a few years ago and got a sc*m player sent off.

Hardly the actions of an honest pro.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Then he should have told the ref that it wasn''t a penalty. It''s not unprecedented by really honest, decent blokes.

[/quote]Why? The referee would still have given it so what''s the point.

It''s not what he told us - it''s not what he told The Times and The Guardian either.  Magilton didn''t think it was a penalty and would have been "aggrieved" if it was the other way round.

Sadly the vast majority of footballers are cheats, and I would never expect a player to be honest with the officials and tell them the truth about incidents in a match. Football is no longer a sport, it''s a business and I''m sure most managers encourage their players to try to win free kicks and pens by employing simulation. If you don''t you''re a mug because you can be almost certain that the opposition will employ such devious tactics from time to time.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

It hardly matters in the end whether he is a decent bloke or not - the penalty was given and even Gary Linekar would not have tried to get the decision reversed.

I do think there was a lot of vitriol on this board yesterday towards Lisbie as he was seen as figurehead for Ipswich after he put himself into that position by commenting pre-match.

However I do not think he will ever be in the league of dislike alongside the Counagos and Magiltons of this world.

[/quote]

I was thinking exactly the same thing about Lineker. His behaviour on the pitch during his long successful career was exemplary - I believe he never received a booking, but I just couldn''t imagine him telling the ref that it wasn''t a free kick or a penalty. A lot of players, however, will step in to try to prevent an opponent being unfairly sent off.

What Herb says:Lisbie, you''re a sh*t footballer. And a c***.That is all.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

There is also a picture of the cheating little c**t on the front of the EDp sports supplement today where he is clearly appealing for the penalty.

He also dived for us at PR a few years ago and got a sc*m player sent off.

Hardly the actions of an honest pro.

[/quote]

Yes , and I think the phrase"I lost my footing" says it all.