Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

We would have stayed up if...

... Roeder wasn''t sacked.I don''t care what the rest of you think, or think you know. Roeder disliked the fans for a reason. We werent in the bottom 3 all season until ''Legend'' Bryan Gunn comes along. Playing legend doesnt mean he can be a managerial legend. This club is pathetic. Posh will be in a tier above us next year and it was only a couple of years ago I was going to their matches for a laugh to see what lower league football was like.Hope you''re all suitably depressed - NCFC will be stuck in the lower depths of english football for a long, long time. And its been coming since January 16th 2009.

Cream comes to the top, eventually. We are a good club with some good youngsters, strong fan base and a club that many lower league players would still love to play for. I agree we may not bounce back immediately but i would be very surprised if we were not back within 3 seasons

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]... Roeder wasn''t sacked. What a load of rubbish.

I don''t care what the rest of you think, or think you know. Good, I don''t care what you think either.

Roeder disliked the fans for a reason. We werent in the bottom 3 all season until ''Legend'' Bryan Gunn comes along. Playing legend doesnt mean he can be a managerial legend. This club is pathetic. Posh will be in a tier above us next year and it was only a couple of years ago I was going to their matches for a laugh to see what lower league football was like.

Hope you''re all suitably depressed - NCFC will be stuck in the lower depths of english football for a long, long time. And its been coming since January 16th 2009.   Hope ''your'' all depressed suggests you are not bothered about the state of our club, meaning you are not a Norwich fan. Why are you on this forum?
[/quote]

Completely disagree. We may not have been in the bottom 3 when Roeder was sacked but it was obvious we were heading that way. Im in no doubt that our position wouldnt have been any different had Roeder not been sacked.Anyone who went to the Charlton cup match could see Roeder had clearly lost the dressing room, the players werent playing for him anymore.

[quote user="Barclayman"]Anyone who went to the Charlton cup match could see Roeder had clearly lost the dressing room, the players werent playing for him anymore.[/quote]Absolutely. That was one of the worst "performances" I have ever seen from a Norwich side and there could only have been one outcome. Still got a feeling the crowd of just 14,000 had a lot to do with it as well.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]... Roeder wasn''t sacked.

I don''t care what the rest of you think, or think you know. Roeder disliked the fans for a reason. We werent in the bottom 3 all season until ''Legend'' Bryan Gunn comes along. Playing legend doesnt mean he can be a managerial legend. This club is pathetic. Posh will be in a tier above us next year and it was only a couple of years ago I was going to their matches for a laugh to see what lower league football was like.

Hope you''re all suitably depressed - NCFC will be stuck in the lower depths of english football for a long, long time. And its been coming since January 16th 2009.
[/quote]

I''m still depressed Roeder was given the job in the first place.

I''m all for people being allowed to have opinions, but good god, it frightens me to think that there are actually real people out there in the world who believe we''d be better off with Roeder in charge.

Grant was useless, Roeder was useless... ditto Gunn... all employed by our bunch of muppets on the board and (mostly) all applauded by the majority of muppets in the stands.

You get what you ask for... c''est la vie... [:$] [:''(]

[quote user="Smudger"]

Grant was useless, Roeder was useless... ditto Gunn... all employed by our bunch of muppets on the board and (mostly) all applauded by the majority of muppets in the stands.

You get what you ask for... c''est la vie... [:$] [:''(]

[/quote]we drop back ino the bottom 3 AND LOOK WHO''S BACK!!!!!!!!

We aren''t down yet in case you hadn''t noticed.

In footballing terms we''re no worse and no better off than if Roeder had stayed imo. 

Roeder''s sacking was a kneejerk reaction to the sight 10,000 empty seats at the Charlton cup replay.  Gunny''s appointment created a temporary feelgood factor just long enough to get the season ticket renewals in, as it was intended to do.  Job done as far as the board is concerned.

I don''t care what the rest of you think, or think you know. Roeder disliked the fans for a reason. We werent in the bottom 3 all season until ''Legend'' Bryan Gunn comes along. Playing legend doesnt mean he can be a managerial legend. This club is pathetic. Posh will be in a tier above us next year and it was only a couple of years ago I was going to their matches for a laugh to see what lower league football was like.

Hope you''re all suitably depressed - NCFC will be stuck in the lower depths of english football for a long, long time. And its been coming since January 16th 2009.
[/quote]

Morning, Glenn.

[/quote]

thanks for your post Glenn, hope unemployment is treating you well...

jas :)

Remember, Gunny is only appointed until the end of the season. Therefore, he will either have to be announced as the permy manager or we''d get someone else.

[quote user="Beds Canary"]I''m all for people being allowed to have opinions, but good god, it frightens me to think that there are actually real people out there in the world who believe we''d be better off with Roeder in charge.
[/quote]

Scary isn''t it?[:S]

[/quote]

I actually agree with you Captain...

I disagree that he had lost the players - yes they played crap in that game against Charlton in the cup - but they tried. That game was nothing compared to those last fateful games of the Worthington era when it was obvious he had lost the players.

However it was clear that he had made enemies with a sizable proportion of the crowd and therefore in their ultimate wisdom (and with season ticket renewal time fast approaching !!!!) our wonderful board decided to get rid. Now in isolation I can understand that decision IF and only IF you have a suitable and experienced replacement lined up for the predicament we were in terms of league position (or prepared to pay the going rate for one) - that is where our masterminds came unstuck - so what did they do (with the season ticket deadline fast approaching !!!!) appoint the very nice, hospitality man, former Sheriff of Norwich, NCFC goalkeeping great - good ol'' Bryan. Objective achieved - season tickets renewed....the side issue of Championship survival a secondary consideration...the rest has a sad inevitability about it...

And to your final point of been coming since the 16th Jan 2009 - sorry way off there. It has been coming much much longer before that; before Grant, Roeder, and Gunn...