Sign in to follow this  
eastendyellow59

Summary as I see it

I think that it is now a two horse race between us and Barnsley. I don’t think Southampton can string any results together and they have a fairly tough run in last two games. The absolutely key game is tomorrow – Barnsley away at Coventry.

This is the situation –

Nottm Forest

Barnsley

Norwich

Southampton

Charlton

Norwich – Reading at home and Charlton away

Barnsley – Coventry away (Tomorrow), Wolves at home, Plymouth away

Forest – Blackpool away, Southampton at home

Southampton – Burnley at home, Forest away

If they win then they pull 4 points away from us.

I think that Forest will be long safe as they have two easily winnable games and they are in form. Southampton have two really tough games coming up and are seriously rubbish. I think they will get max 1 point out of those two games. So really it seems to be down to us vs. Barnsley. I can’t see them getting too much against wolves at home. Even though wolves are promoted they will want to win the title and won’t roll over. Then they face Plymouth away which is by no means easy.

But it all comes down to tomorrow. If they win then we have to beat both reading and Charlton and rely on them not to get anything more than a point out of their last two games. If they lose then they are still only a point ahead with two tough games to play – it could go either way.

What about Plymouth? As has been said elsewhere there is a possible situation where we go into the last game on 49 points, Plymouth on 50 and Barnsley on 48/49. That would leave us in a position where a draw would be good enough whatever happens at Home Park, sending Barnsley down if they draw or lose, or Plymouth down if they win.

We must win our 2 games left and hope plymouth lose saturday.That would mean plymouth could still go down.Then when they play barnsley last game they would have to get something from it.If coventry roll over but wolves don''t we have every chance of staying up.......as long as we win our 2 games.Problem is can we win 2 games back to back.Who have plymouth got saturday?

or we win 2 and watford lose 2 it isn''t as cut and dried as people think........as long as we beat reading it will go down to the last game.........and anything could happen then

I''m a bit more hopefull today (great stuff malt whisky)

Lots of permutations still involving at least 4 teams, from Southampton to Plymouth.

Results this time in the season are unpredictable to say the least.

Everything crossed in hopes that luck may for once this season,be on our side.. As they keep saying it''s not over till the fat lady.........

Just hope it''s not another rendition of "lets be having you" on Sky against Reading that would make me suicidal!!

We have to keep believing and win both games.  If we can get 6 points we will stay up, no doubt in my mind.

However this is a massive if.

I think in a sense we know what we have to do regardless of other results - win both our games and we''ll be fine, even if only on goal difference. It would take a truly astonishing set of results to relegate us with 52 points.

There was a Barnsley fan posting on wotb last night who reckons Coventry are one of Barnsley''s bogey sides and they have lost all 5 meetings with them since returning to the Championship, he was far more confident of a win against Wolves though with McCarthy being a local lad and Wolves all but champions already.

Well let''s hope Coventry do their part to prove him right.

The team have a week to prepare for the Reading game which will hopefully make sure they are in as strong a position going in to it as they can be.

last season we got 52 points at the end and that was considered good for such a bad start. We are on 46 with two games left and a maximun of 6 points. If we are struggleing then we can see that the other teams and the whole division has got harder.

I maybe hopelessly optimistic but i belive we r gonna stay up. Fate has obviusly been not on our side with some terrible reffereing decisions but charlton is an easy win as they are definatly off form and reading is at home so the fans are gonna help ALOT. But basically it is out of our control however what we need to do is to win those two games and get as muc goals as possible.

Because of our good GD if we draw with another team at we are gonna be the team on top :)