Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

No one to blame but the board

There is only one reason we are going down,that is the board have starved management of funds for quality players and the players we have had have been poor,no Bentley,no crouch as we have had before but players from championship clubs who could not get in their first teams ,in effect a reserve team of loan players. so what did we expect.The club has been in meltdown since our relegation from the premiership.I think MacDonald will star next season in the first division but we will probably loose him to a better club.I think we will bounce back but it will take a season or two as there are some good clubs in that leauge now. A very sad time for our club and supporters who deserved much more.What more can you say we have no control over the club and the decisions made by the board.The Ron Saunders and mike walker days seem so distant now.It could be worse we could be Luton!!

[quote user="canaryranger"]There is only one reason we are going down,that is the board have starved management of funds for quality players and the players we have had have been poor,no Bentley,no crouch as we have had before but players from championship clubs who could not get in their first teams ,in effect a reserve team of loan players. so what did we expect.The club has been in meltdown since our relegation from the premiership.I think MacDonald will star next season in the first division but we will probably loose him to a better club.I think we will bounce back but it will take a season or two as there are some good clubs in that leauge now. A very sad time for our club and supporters who deserved much more.What more can you say we have no control over the club and the decisions made by the board.The Ron Saunders and mike walker days seem so distant now.It could be worse we could be Luton!![/quote]You may be right but what the hell can we do about it ,sadly we are stuck with them unless we have a white night in shining  armour about to come and rescue us.

Armitage Shanks if you go to the games this is what you can do about it, You have a voice and there is a thing called freedom of speach put the two together and you have your answer

[quote user="JF"]Armitage Shanks if you go to the games this is what you can do about it, You have a voice and there is a thing called freedom of speach put the two together and you have your answer[/quote]

I applaud you Sir... [Y] but sssshhhhhh please don''t rock the boat!!!

[quote user="JF"]Armitage Shanks if you go to the games this is what you can do about it, You have a voice and there is a thing called freedom of speach put the two together and you have your answer[/quote]

yep, but watch out. As was posted on here the other week, a brave soul who gave it a chorus of  Delia Out was attacked in block C of the Lower Barclay by one of those fans we''re apparently supposed to be proud of. Approx 6ft 2ins and 16 stone I reckon.

Spookily enough, even though it took about half a dozen other supporters to pull him off the poor lad who had dared to express his "freedom of speech" and the police came and hauled him out, he''s still there every week, not been banned.

But then, of course, he''s a Delia Fan, and an example to us all.....

Could you please clarify what ''funds'' the board have starved management of.  Where is that money being held?  Does it appear in the balance sheet?  If there are funds why do we lose money every year and remain millions of pounds in debt?  The reason we are where we are is that a succession of managers have failed to assemble a squad of players that are capable of winning more games than losing.  The players are the ones who ultimately hold the key to our fortunes.  Despite the odd collective and individual ly good performance the players this year have not been good enough to consistently perform to the standard expected of NCFC.  The board need help until such time as a viable alternative appears.  I do not see that alternative at the moment.  The number of season ticket renewals shows support for the club, not the board.  Unlike Charlton we are not relegated.  Let us all support the club in the next two matches and after that if anyone wishes to replace the board then work towards that by giving us all details of who are the genuine contenders.

That was me..... & he was most upset at my "Sack The Board" chant which led to an arguement and me regretfully calling him something that rhymes with Prat

I should not have called him that and was wrong to do so, but I was not wrong to sing sack the board. 

What really gets me upset is the complete and utter apathy that seems to exist within our supporter base

I was not at Ipswich as I am in the middle of moving house but if what I hear is correct and many of our "Lemmings" sang Delias name after the game then quite frankly they''re gonna get what they deserve

I am on the point of handing back next seasons season ticket which I am already paying for because I can not put up with this any longer, no board change this Summer and we will have yet another season of misery next year

In 4 yrs after relegation we have had 4 managers, 80+ players and 1 board of directors......

If we go down I hope its Monday night because otherwise Queen Delia & her cronies will escape what they deserve, on second thoughts most supporters will probably thank the lord we have her & the wonderfdul facilities in which to eat a lovely dinner before our League 1 games next season

[quote user="Hamster"]

That was me..... & he was most upset at my "Sack The Board" chant which led to an arguement and me regretfully calling him something that rhymes with Prat

I should not have called him that and was wrong to do so, but I was not wrong to sing sack the board. 

What really gets me upset is the complete and utter apathy that seems to exist within our supporter base

I was not at Ipswich as I am in the middle of moving house but if what I hear is correct and many of our "Lemmings" sang Delias name after the game then quite frankly they''re gonna get what they deserve

I am on the point of handing back next seasons season ticket which I am already paying for because I can not put up with this any longer, no board change this Summer and we will have yet another season of misery next year

In 4 yrs after relegation we have had 4 managers, 80+ players and 1 board of directors......

If we go down I hope its Monday night because otherwise Queen Delia & her cronies will escape what they deserve, on second thoughts most supporters will probably thank the lord we have her & the wonderfdul facilities in which to eat a lovely dinner before our League 1 games next season

[/quote]

Good on yer mate, I have booed her when she came onto the pitch before and got a few dirty looks from those around me. Strange thing is that if you speak to a lot of them they actually agree that the board are to blame for our current predicament and yet don''t seem prepared to voice their opinions and let them know what they think. Strange lot our fans.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Hamster"]

[/quote]

Good on yer mate, I have booed her when she came onto the pitch before and got a few dirty looks from those around me. Strange thing is that if you speak to a lot of them they actually agree that the board are to blame for our current predicament and yet don''t seem prepared to voice their opinions and let them know what they think. Strange lot our fans.

[/quote]

Whatever her faults in recent years Delia will always be a legend and an icon of British TV which I think is why people are reluctant to boo her or say bad things.  A bit like the old family dog that has had a few too many years in the sun and now has no bowel control.  You might not like the results but you cannot bring yourself to boot it out into the cold.

[quote user="canaryranger"]the players we have had have been poor,no Bentley,no crouch as we have had before but players from championship clubs who could not get in their first teams ,in effect a reserve team of loan players. so what did we expect.[/quote] Some of that would be the prem reserves team players would rather sit and collect their wages rather than come out here and have to do some work.

[quote user="10 Bryceland"]Could you please clarify what ''funds'' the board have starved management of.  Where is that money being held?  Does it appear in the balance sheet?  If there are funds why do we lose money every year and remain millions of pounds in debt?  The reason we are where we are is that a succession of managers have failed to assemble a squad of players that are capable of winning more games than losing.  The players are the ones who ultimately hold the key to our fortunes.  Despite the odd collective and individual ly good performance the players this year have not been good enough to consistently perform to the standard expected of NCFC.  The board need help until such time as a viable alternative appears.  I do not see that alternative at the moment.  The number of season ticket renewals shows support for the club, not the board.  Unlike Charlton we are not relegated.  Let us all support the club in the next two matches and after that if anyone wishes to replace the board then work towards that by giving us all details of who are the genuine contenders.[/quote]

The thing is Bryceland - if you study the accounts for the past few years before this one we actually made a profit year on year. We were one of the very few clubs in the top 2 divisions (inc Premiership) in terms of making a profit.(Top 10). This was all that Doncaster and Delia were interested in; investing in off field projects and making a profit - and look where it has got us. This was Ambition with Prudcence...

I''ll leave you to make your own conclusions as to whether you feel that was the sensible thing to do - and done in the best interests of the success of football club in terms of footballing achievement.

There are lots of contributing factors to our plight ie. I agree that it is also down to the players - but you can only buy players with the money you are given. Agreed managers have made bad purchases - but would they have bought different players had the money been available ?? Ashton to Earnshaw to Cureton in 3 seasons - and this example can be replicated all over the pitch. Sorry but the blame for our current position sits firmly at the board room door. This has been coming for the past 4 or so seasons - Roeder and Grant had their part to play in this but the rot had set in before that - keeping Worthington far too long - and the end point i.e. relegation was unfortunately inevitable.

They are the ones that have put us into this positon and just because the world financial markets have changed meaning it is extremely unlikely that a buyer/alternative investment can be found - does not mean we should forgive them for what they have done.

I cannot disagree with your statement but there it stops.  How about looking to the future and being positive?  We may have made a profit in past years but it has been swallowed up by inflation and the circus that is professional football today.  The best that can be said if our assests are that we own the ground and training area and have facilities that are the envy of most clubs in any league. That must count for something.  How about constructive suggestions about how to attract new income or a new board.  The  current board have made managerial decisions that have not worked out.  So did Robert Chase, Arthur South, Geoffrey Watling etc.  My understanding is that whenever a new manager is appointed various apparently knowledgeable footballing persona are canvassed for advice and opinion.  The fact is this has not given us managers that have been successful.  Blame the current board by all means but at least offer a way forward for the current or future board to go about appointing a manager who will guarantee success.  After that can you supply the appointed manager with a shopping list of affordable players who will regularly perform to the standard required.  Or a list of players not to sign? 

I am appalled by our current plight but also realise that football by it''s very nature is unpredictable and success cannot be guaranteed or sustained.  Success tends to go in cycles and even the so called top clubs have had periods of decline.  After all ''big'' club Newcastle, with all their loyal support fantastic finances etc are facing relegation.  And this after having Rpeder, Keegan, Allardyce, Wise, Kinnear and now Shearer as managers.  See it could be worse.

The board are prime candidates for blame for sure, but there are other culprits too, like the fans who cheered for Smith at Ipswich..........they''re just as guilty in my eyes!.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]The board are prime candidates for blame for sure, but there are other culprits too, like the fans who cheered for Smith at Ipswich..........they''re just as guilty in my eyes!.[:|][/quote]

how the hell could any fan cheer for her,I feel she has let the fans down so much,the club has been in good positions but never backed at these times.I feel she treats us fans badly and for me she is the one thing that makes me so down about the club i love.