Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Rocastle

Maybe we're in a win:win situation...

As a life long canary it pains me to say this, but:1: If we go down I would have thought we would have to file for administration. If not immediately then in the next 18 months imo. Our overheads are too high and not aligned with league 1 income. Would it be so bad to wipe out our huge debt and have Doncaster removed? Surely he would have to go! 2: We stay up and this wrestle with relegation illustrates to the board that drastic change is needed so maybe they might actually listen to their customers for a change and walk awayClearly as a FOOTBALL fan preserving our championship status is all I care about currently, but having been mismanaged for so long perhaps our club could do with a fresh start....

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]As a life long canary it pains me to say this, but:

1: If we go down I would have thought we would have to file for administration. If not immediately then in the next 18 months imo. Our overheads are too high and not aligned with league 1 income. Would it be so bad to wipe out our huge debt and have Doncaster removed? Surely he would have to go!

2: We stay up and this wrestle with relegation illustrates to the board that drastic change is needed so maybe they might actually listen to their customers for a change and walk away

Clearly as a FOOTBALL fan preserving our championship status is all I care about currently, but having been mismanaged for so long perhaps our club could do with a fresh start....
[/quote]

To be honest I do not see either of those two things happening.  Even if we go down, the problem is not the board refusing to walk away, it is finding someone else with enough cash at the moment to come in and offer more to NCFC.

If we went into administration surely the club would cost peanuts?  Also remember, despite the negativity around CUllum, that he assured the fans he would not let the club sink.[quote user="rjwc22"]

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]As a life long canary it pains me to say this, but:1: If we go down I would have thought we would have to file for administration. If not immediately then in the next 18 months imo. Our overheads are too high and not aligned with league 1 income. Would it be so bad to wipe out our huge debt and have Doncaster removed? Surely he would have to go! 2: We stay up and this wrestle with relegation illustrates to the board that drastic change is needed so maybe they might actually listen to their customers for a change and walk awayClearly as a FOOTBALL fan preserving our championship status is all I care about currently, but having been mismanaged for so long perhaps our club could do with a fresh start....[/quote]

To be honest I do not see either of those two things happening.  Even if we go down, the problem is not the board refusing to walk away, it is finding someone else with enough cash at the moment to come in and offer more to NCFC.

[/quote]

Bar the fat lady singing, the club has pretty much already sunk... and where is he...

He did also say that at a time when his finances were in a much stronger position than they are now.  Not sure that he would be able to offer any more cash to the team than the current board now.

I still think he would step in to stop us going out of business but might well be biding his time until DS etc have had enough and are willing to walk away for a pittance.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

He did also say that at a time when his finances were in a much stronger position than they are now.  Not sure that he would be able to offer any more cash to the team than the current board now.

I still think he would step in to stop us going out of business but might well be biding his time until DS etc have had enough and are willing to walk away for a pittance.

[/quote]

If his funding was so reliant on his business being in a strong position then it''s probably a good thing that he didnt take us over. As he would have only let us down. I dont know where people get their ideas about Peter Cullum, none of us actually know him or his character, all we''ve read is what he wants us to read and it smelt alot like his PR machine working hard to raise his profile. I want to see a change of ownership but i''m not convinced about Peter Cullum, still hope he proves me wrong.

Have we ever had our "best player" lead us to 2 relegations in a span of 4 years (not interrupted by a promotion)?  It looks like the highly rated gary D''OHerty may achieve this distinction if we don''t get a but of fairy dust sprinkled on us soon.  Ahhh, the D''OHerty years, those were the days.