Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Team vs. Reading

Mooney being ineligible, would you play Cody? He sounds as if he''s got the ability, now he''s had a few runs out as sub., would he last the full 90? If he fades, Gow could go up front & Lappin or Carney come on.The right side seems the real problem. Can Leijer play full back? If Croft is crocked, perhaps Semmy could go right mid. instead - he''s got the pace & can score (was it against Colchester last season?). If Gunny can stick a rocket up his bottom & just tell him to just go for it, then it could be interesting.We also need a centre mid. if Rusty underperforms again, but everybody else seems unfit / out of favour.I was resigned on Sunday, but now I''m getting hopeful again ....... damn !!!!!!!!

I think Cody''s time has come. He was very sharp when he came on yesterday. Nice clean tackles and good running into position. I think he and Lee could make a good partnership. I was disappointed in Gow, (whom I like), who seemed selfish on the ball, which is a nonsense way to behave on the wing. Also Crofty seemed crocked. I would use Carney on the right wing, Clingan and Rusty in mid, (thought Rusty had a reasonable game). Don''t think we can miss out Gow, but I hope Crook given him a talking to. Our back four picks itself - thought Bertrand was class yesterday. Semmy was iffy but this was partly due I think to Crofty being out of sorts.