Sign in to follow this  
ca

Our Financial Situation

Could someone explain to me in plain English what our current financial situation is please

What debt did we carry over from last season?

What figure did we receive for gaining promotion?

Money coming in from Sky TV?

Shareholder money which was £1.2m

What has been paid out for alterations?

Season Ticket Sales?

What is the predicted bottom line figure?

Thanks.

Only the Club can give specific answers to those questions BUT should we be relegated at the end of this season and see our place taken by another only recently in administration, I shall feel very aggrieved. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but too much caution, when the prize is so great, can be a fault. The question of goals, or the lack of them must be addressed, if we are not to subside without a whimper. Oldie.

[quote]Could someone explain to me in plain English what our current financial situation is please What debt did we carry over from last season? What figure did we receive for gaining promotion? Mo...[/quote]

City Angel

i suggest you write to doomcaster and ask him, only joking

otherwise i guess, you like the rest of us will have to make our own minds up on all of your questions, if you are not given the facts, you can''t see the whole picture, i am of the first wiz camp, that the club has money it can spend (or rather nige can spend!) but instead a lot of it is used on the old admin stuff - they have lost out seriously in the pre match takings, due to overpriced food and drink (lets face it, how many hundreds now go to morrisons for their pies and snacks) -

i think there is one of those NCFC roadshow things coming up next month!  maybe we should attend that and ask some questions, after all, our season ticket money has to be spent on something, i would like to think mine is spent on the team, not another jobsworth suited type at FCR!

Don''t know about you, but november is going to bring out my rebellious streak again i fear

That would all be nice to know City Angel, it would certainly give a credibility to some of our conversations on this Forum lately.

But sadly, as with many big organisations, "they haveth the book, we have but a single page".

[quote]Could someone explain to me in plain English what our current financial situation is please What debt did we carry over from last season? What figure did we receive for gaining promotion? Mo...[/quote]

You know my view City Angel, IMO the board are not above telling a few ''porkies'' even if they asked to explain the situation.

Gazza: Don''t you ever lose or worry about your rebellious streak, please!.

If NCFC are a limited company, they''re required to publish certain financial information via Companies House. If that''s the case then you could just request that information from Companies House, although I think there''s a fee involved.

[quote]City Angel i suggest you write to doomcaster and ask him, only joking otherwise i guess, you like the rest of us will have to make our own minds up on all of your questions, if you are not given the...[/quote]

gazza,

I havent had to wait until November for my rebellous streak to appear it started last week. Yes I will be going to the roadshow too as I want to know what our financial situation is and as a season ticket holder feel we have the right to some answers as we seem to be in the dark yet again.

I want to stay in the Premier having had to wait 9 years to get there and if we buy a decent proven goal scorer and a creative midfielder with some of this £22m+ or whatever we are getting then it will be worth every penny, dont you think?

See also we have recd nearly £2m for the 7 live sky games + £1.2m from the share options  so whats happened to that?

The board must give Worthy what he needs to keep us up,they mustnt just accept or expect us to accept that this will be a 1 season wonder  because it could be a long time coming again.

End of rant! Sorry.

cityangel, in response to your post, I have some questions for you. They are not condescending or patronising. I am sincerely interested in your answers.

• Do you think Nigel wants this to be a one-season wonder?
  • Do you think Delia wants this to be a one-season wonder?
  • With respect to the financials, do you think there’s a way they can reveal all to you and other supporters on what the club is actually prepared to spend without letting the rest of the world know?
  • If the answer is yes to the previous question I would like to know how you think this can be done. If the answer is no, do you honestly think prior communication with the fans won’t hurt the clubs negotiating position with other clubs?
  • Finally, if you were in Delia’s position, how do you think you would handle the situation ( i.e. communication with the fans before you actually make any kind of deal )?

In answer to question 1, no worthy doesn''t want this to be a one season wonder but his hands are tied because the board are leaning far to much towards being prudent.

Question 2, yes Delia does want to stay up but she has it in her head that hard work and team spirit alone are enough to achieve that goal. Then theres always the old we''ll do a Charlton bounce straight back and stay there, sorry but in reality that may well not happen.

My question is, what will happen if we go down and don''t come back for another 10 years?

Money, money, money. How much have West Brom, Man City, Blackburn, Southampton spent over the last couple of seasons compared to us and how much better than us are they?

Maybe we have some cash but not enough to buy what we really need. How much do you reckon a quality striker would cost us when players of the likes of Crouch went for £2mil and Jeffers went for £2.6mil (not to mention the price paid for Earnshaw and Heskey).

For every Fleck we have found there have been 10 Beckfords. We need to be clever and creative but that is not as easy as some on these boards tend to think.

A very interesting point that I myself asked in my "Lies damn lies and statistics" threads to no avail. I am a small shareholder (100 shares) and recieve a copy of the accounts on a yearly basis although not being an accountant and not being able to address all figures other than totals they may as well be written in greek.

To you YC of course NW & DS do not want this to be a one season wonder, the question is what are they prepared to do about it ?

They were not prepared to budget a realistic amount for the transfer fund, our fellow promoted sides spend between 2 and 5 times what we spent. I am not advocating busting the club but if we get relegated with the same whimper we did 10 years ago what is the point?

To say there was nobody to buy within our price range is not an answer, we have to have the firepower to keep us up (or at least give us some chance of returning within the next 10 years) do we have enough scouts ? was the net thrown wide enough ? were we over cautious with our targets ?

Mckenzie and Svennson have both found themselves suplus to requirements at clubs not overun with riches in the striking department. Would it not have been better to get a red hot 3rd division hitman and give him a chance rather than doing nothing ?

I personally don''t think there is any issue of weakening the clubs hand if it lets out its transfer budget, after all we haven''t managed to sign anyone any other club was keen to hold onto.

Where does the blame lie ? with Worthy for misguidedly thinking we had a good enough strikeforce for the premier league , or being unwilling to take a chance on certain players on his list of targets ?

With the board for not coming up with the goods when Worthy has asked for the money to sign a striker, or for being small minded in terms of our potential for remaining in the premier league ?

With the fans like me who was hoping for team strengthening and giving it our best shot "within our means" which included more than one change in the starting lineup and a striker who can score goals at this level.

If I was in charge I would give details of the number of players currently being tracked and the stage of negotiations without mentioning figures or names. I would also be working very hard to have a deal sorted and potentially another loans deal to be finalised on 1/1 I dont understand why we are scrambling around on transfer deadline day, in my opinion this means not enough time has been spent doing the work that should have been done in the summer.

[quote]cityangel, in response to your post, I have some questions for you. They are not condescending or patronising. I am sincerely interested in your answers. Do you think Nigel wants this to be a on...[/quote]

yankee

it might surprise you to know, that as many of us are shareholders in the club, we have every right to ask where the money is and what it is being allocated to

that is why city angel, myself and no doubt several others may be going to public meetings (ie ncfc forums) to find out what their plans are!

neither CA or myself actually said we want a penny by penny breakdown, just some facts.  After all, it is our money they are spending! 

[quote]cityangel, in response to your post, I have some questions for you. They are not condescending or patronising. I am sincerely interested in your answers. Do you think Nigel wants this to be a on...[/quote]

Hi Yankee,

I would have answered your questions to me but my answers would have been very simular to the post by KeelansGlove whose sentiments I share.

As Gazza said we are not expecting a penny by penny breakdown but as a season ticket holder and shareholder surely we have the right to know what roughly is available to Worthy in January.

cityangel

P.S. Dissecting popular posters posts, tut tut, you should be ashamed of yourself!!

[quote]yankee it might surprise you to know, that as many of us are shareholders in the club, we have every right to ask where the money is and what it is being allocated to that is why city angel, myself ...[/quote]

Lets hope that Doomcaster and Munby are at the next forum meeting Gazza & Wizard to explain to us their statements this week

''Even when the the financial benefits of winning promotion are taken into account Worthy will not have a pot of gold to spend in January''

and

''The secured loans which underpinned those gambles(4 players on short term loan and 3 new players,Hucks,Svennson,McKenzie) were in keeping with the club''s maxim of prudence with ambition and that the financial outlook for Norwich City remains bright''

Im glad the financial outlook is good, of course I am but what about the outlook for the team because if we go down again and have to wait another 9 years to get back up well how will our finances be then?

Give him the money he needs and wants to secure Premiership football next season , you know it makes sense .

Speculate to Accumulate , we did it last Xmas and it paid off!

city angel

i can smell the sweat from doomcaster from here !!

what a shame the ncfc forum clashes with a reserve match (forward planning?) - still i shall forgo the delights of the reserves, having watched crystal palace recently, for the more interesting entertainment in a small town somewhere in norfolk, anyone any idea where it is going to be held?

[quote]city angel i can smell the sweat from doomcaster from here !! what a shame the ncfc forum clashes with a reserve match (forward planning?) - still i shall forgo the delights of the reserves, havin...[/quote]

gazza,

Have been trying to find out where its being held but no joy so far guess they are trying to keep it quiet

doomcaster sweating, he''ll be more than sweating when I start my interragation.

What date is it?