Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

Acceptance

After today''s result, I was obviously gutted.  But having sat here and reflected on our season, I''ve finally accepted that we will be relegated.  Obviously I will continue to support the lads, and hope that we can survive, but for me accepting it now will make it a lot easier when/if it actually happens.  So I''m sitting here a lot happier than I''ve been over the past few weeks because in my opinion our future has been decided now.I just want to make a point.  Having had the pleasure of attending the University of Leicester over the past 3 years, and having worked at LCFC, I have witnessed League One football.  Quite simply we do not want to be there.  The quality of football is terrible, the quality of the players is terrible, everything is literally terrible.  Leicester did well after they struggled to adapt at the start of the season, but still managed to force results even during that time.  Don''t think that we will ''do a Leicester'' because they have pretty much kept the squad they had last season, a squad which in my opinion was too good to go down anyway.  It won''t be the same for us.That league is dire, it is as simple as that.

BUMP in case any of you missed this, I just want to let those who are not in the know how terrible League One actually is.

I think we all know how ''''different'''' league one will be to what we have now, sadly we can harp on about it until the cows come home, but nothing will change our situation.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I think we all know how ''''different'''' league one will be to what we have now, sadly we can harp on about it until the cows come home, but nothing will change our situation.[/quote]And more to the point nothing POSITIVE will be achieved by harping on about it until the outcome has been determined. On the contrary, we could be undermining ourselves. I realise the point of this board is to post personal opinions, but it''s a pity that posts like the OP cannot be banned by the mods until the end of the season (rather like opinion polls are banned prior to a general election). Yes we can be relegated but I still believe we will escape and will carry on believing until it is settled one way or another. Players may not read this board ( I think some do) but someone who knows someone most certainly does. Despondency is contagious. We need fans with the fighting spirit and finishing quality of Lee - not the defeatism and indifference shown by certain players at Fulham.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I think we all know how ''''different'''' league one will be to what we have now, sadly we can harp on about it until the cows come home, but nothing will change our situation.[/quote]And more to the point nothing POSITIVE will be achieved by harping on about it until the outcome has been determined. On the contrary, we could be undermining ourselves. I realise the point of this board is to post personal opinions, but it''s a pity that posts like the OP cannot be banned by the mods until the end of the season (rather like opinion polls are banned prior to a general election). Yes we can be relegated but I still believe we will escape and will carry on believing until it is settled one way or another. Players may not read this board ( I think some do) but someone who knows someone most certainly does. Despondency is contagious. We need fans with the fighting spirit and finishing quality of Lee - not the defeatism and indifference shown by certain players at Fulham.[/quote]Maybe I''m being defeatist, but I''d rather be in the position I am now than crying on the last day if we go down.  I am going to stay POSITIVE but at the same time accept that we are probably going to go down, and there isn''t a lot we can do about it.The POINT of my post was to make people realise that bouncing back IF we go down is not set in stone, as League One is a difficult rough and tumble league that will not be easy to get out of.  Leicester really struggled at the start of this season, despite the results they obtained.  I remember seeing their 2-2 draw at home with Walsall, and let me tell you now, it was just atrocious.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I think we all know how ''''different'''' league one will be to what we have now, sadly we can harp on about it until the cows come home, but nothing will change our situation.[/quote]And more to the point nothing POSITIVE will be achieved by harping on about it until the outcome has been determined. On the contrary, we could be undermining ourselves. I realise the point of this board is to post personal opinions, but it''s a pity that posts like the OP cannot be banned by the mods until the end of the season (rather like opinion polls are banned prior to a general election). Yes we can be relegated but I still believe we will escape and will carry on believing until it is settled one way or another. Players may not read this board ( I think some do) but someone who knows someone most certainly does. Despondency is contagious. We need fans with the fighting spirit and finishing quality of Lee - not the defeatism and indifference shown by certain players at Fulham.[/quote]Maybe I''m being defeatist, but I''d rather be in the position I am now than crying on the last day if we go down.  I am going to stay POSITIVE but at the same time accept that we are probably going to go down, and there isn''t a lot we can do about it.The POINT of my post was to make people realise that bouncing back IF we go down is not set in stone, as League One is a difficult rough and tumble league that will not be easy to get out of.  Leicester really struggled at the start of this season, despite the results they obtained.  I remember seeing their 2-2 draw at home with Walsall, and let me tell you now, it was just atrocious.[/quote]Fair enough - but I think everyone is aware of that point - and Neil Adams repeated it on Canary Call. My point was to say that just talking about it - will not make relegation less likely but might make it more likely. You''re not the only Dismal Jimmy on here - but we would have all summer to ponder the mess of relegation - if it comes to that, so why not wait until that time? I still think and hope you will have a long wait though - because we can and should stay up!