Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

I Fear Wolves

I fear wolves will be our main threat in our quest to stay up - already promoted and virtually assured of being champions who do Barnsley play on Saturday and where does Mick McCarthy come from - yes you have guessed it - Barnsley

[quote user="Bomber"]I fear wolves will be our main threat in our quest to stay up - already promoted and virtually assured of being champions who do Barnsley play on Saturday and where does Mick McCarthy come from - yes you have guessed it - Barnsley[/quote]

hmm.. reserves fielded and 0-0 draw played for? you might be onto something here.

jas :)

Wolves are scary,  as are lions and bears.

However canaries scare me more than any of these at the moment.

So what if they do? Why should Wolves do anything to help us? We are where we are because time after time we have failed to perform when it really mattered (despite all the tub thumping in the press). If we go down it won''t be Mick McCarthy''s fault, nor will it be Coventry City''s, it will be the players in yellow and green who have let us down time after time this season.

[quote user="Beauseant"]So what if they do? Why should Wolves do anything to help us? We are where we are because time after time we have failed to perform when it really mattered (despite all the tub thumping in the press). If we go down it won''t be Mick McCarthy''s fault, nor will it be Coventry City''s, it will be the players in yellow and green who have let us down time after time this season.[/quote]

There''s nothing to say that Wolves could not give a couple of their youngsters a run but if they fielded an entire "weakened" team then that would require looking into by the FA.

Delia is good friends with Steve Morgan - surely a phone call to ask for help would not go amiss.

[quote user="Mange Tout"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]So what if they do? Why should Wolves do anything to help us? We are where we are because time after time we have failed to perform when it really mattered (despite all the tub thumping in the press). If we go down it won''t be Mick McCarthy''s fault, nor will it be Coventry City''s, it will be the players in yellow and green who have let us down time after time this season.[/quote]

There''s nothing to say that Wolves could not give a couple of their youngsters a run but if they fielded an entire "weakened" team then that would require looking into by the FA.

[/quote]

no it wouldnt.. Man utd in the league cup is an example.. Alex Ferguson plays his youth/reserves in it every year.. no on gives a hoot.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Barnsley will beat Wolves & we will go down. A 15% discount on my season isn''t really much of a consolation either![/quote]Sorry to sound like a broken record, but it''s 20% if you bought before the 1st deadline and 10% before the 2nd.

not forgetting the odd one running around in black looking the wrong way

[quote user="PBTC"][quote user="Iwan is God"]Barnsley will beat Wolves & we will go down. A 15% discount on my season isn''t really much of a consolation either![/quote]

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but it''s 20% if you bought before the 1st deadline and 10% before the 2nd.
[/quote]

It is still not of any consolation!

funny how people are moaning about wolves not turning up vs barnsley

when we havnt turned up once in two matches vs norwich

I doubt Wolves will throw in the towel and roll over against Barnsley. We certainely didn''t in the Championship winning season when we played Crewe for example. My worry is Barnsley Plymouth on the last day...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mange Tout"]

[/quote]

no it wouldnt.. Man utd in the league cup is an example.. Alex Ferguson plays his youth/reserves in it every year.. no on gives a hoot.

[/quote]

But putting out a weakened team in the cup doesn''t hurt anyone - it just benefits the opposition, whereas putting out a weakened team in the league harms the competitors of the opposition.

That''s why you''re not allowed to do it.

[quote user="Bomber"]I fear wolves will be our main threat in our quest to stay up - already promoted and virtually assured of being champions who do Barnsley play on Saturday and where does Mick McCarthy come from - yes you have guessed it - Barnsley[/quote]There will be 6000 Wolves supporters there hoping to see them clinch the championship. Are they going to lie down and die? I think not!!

As someone said, Barnsley vs Plymouth is the worrying game.

However if Barnsley only get a point against Coventry that would be a massive help.

It''s all if''s and but''s right now, i wish tomorrow would just hurry up and roll round, we''ll have a much clearer idea of what we need then

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]We should be more concerned as to if our own club can win before we worry about others.[/quote]

I think we all know the answer to that one Arthur.....

But we may as well worry about others because they all play at least one more game before we do.