Sign in to follow this  
Fish Stall

Calm down it's Plymouth who are down......

[quote user="Fish Stall"]They will lose to QPR on Sat and Barnsley on the last day, That means we just need four points from two games![/quote]

I think if we could get 4 points from two games we would finish above Barnsley as well but it is a big if.

The perfect scenarioBarnsley draw/lose to CoventryQPR beat PlymouthBarnsley draw/lose to WolvesWe have to then beat ReadingLast day of the seasonPlymouth    50Norwich   49Barnsley   48/49A draw for us at Charlton would be good enough no matter what the result is between Plymouth/Barnsley.Obviously you''d love to drag Forest in too but I see them beating Blackpool on Saturday and making themselves safe.Come on QPR, Coventry and Wolves.

I am worried that Wolves will not care about the Barnsley game as much now.

Results seem to be conspiring against us at the moment.

[quote user="Duffman"]The perfect scenario

Barnsley draw/lose to Coventry

QPR beat Plymouth

Barnsley draw/lose to Wolves

We have to then beat Reading

Last day of the season

Plymouth    50

Norwich   49

Barnsley   48/49

A draw for us at Charlton would be good enough no matter what the result is between Plymouth/Barnsley.

Obviously you''d love to drag Forest in too but I see them beating Blackpool on Saturday and making themselves safe.

Come on QPR, Coventry and Wolves.

[/quote]

I would bite your hand off for this to be the table on the last day of the season

no recent results have done us a favour and i can''t see any prospect of that changing - Forest and Barnsley are on good runs at the moment, and we are not. we absolutely must beat Reading and Charlton and hope for the best.

[quote user="San Miguel"]no recent results have done us a favour and i can''t see any prospect of that changing - Forest and Barnsley are on good runs at the moment, and we are not. we absolutely must beat Reading and Charlton and hope for the best.[/quote]I''d hardly say a point at Reading means Barnsley are on a good run.

they scored more points than us this weekend, and i guess i''ve resigned myself to thinking they will get 3 tomorrow night.

actually, i don''t think they''ve won a game since mid-March so maybe i shouldn''t be so down...

[quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

This is my worry also! not to mention some links between the clubs, either way we seem to be faultering with every chance anyway so relying on getting somethinf from our own games is a BIG IF!

even 1pt for Barnsley on tuesday is very vital

would mean norwich has to win one of the last two games to stay up

as to wolves - all the players are on the lash, party mood, fans don''t really care, titles ours in anycase considering blues still have to go to reading away and we have doncaster at home (o''driscoll big wolves fan) so he prob play out 3-3 draw in party atmosphere

even if we lost blues have to gain 10 goals from 2 games, they can only score one per game!

mick is a barnsley lad, i think wolves will shock horror draw 2-2 on saturday ensuring the title and barnsley get a cruicle point

[quote user="rjwc22"]Yeah I agree with that, come on Coventry - about time they did us a favour![/quote]

Lets all become Coventry fans for tomorrow night![:D]

[8] PLAY UP SKY BLUES [8]

[quote user="CT "]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Yeah I agree with that, come on Coventry - about time they did us a favour![/quote]

Lets all become Coventry fans for tomorrow night![:D]

[8] PLAY UP SKY BLUES [8]

[/quote]

Yes honorary sky blues tommorow night! Come on the Coventry!!

[quote user="we8wba"]

as to wolves - all the players are on the lash, party mood, fans don''t really care, titles ours in anycase considering blues still have to go to reading away and we have doncaster at home (o''driscoll big wolves fan) so he prob play out 3-3 draw in party atmosphere

even if we lost blues have to gain 10 goals from 2 games, they can only score one per game!

mick is a barnsley lad, i think wolves will shock horror draw 2-2 on saturday ensuring the title and barnsley get a cruicle point

[/quote]How exactly does a manager play out a 3-3 draw ?

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

How exactly does a manager play out a 3-3 draw ?
[/quote]

didn''t sweden and denmark play out a 3-3 in the world cup, surpsingly the only scoreline which could see both sides qualify

[quote user="Irish canary"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

This is my worry also! not to mention some links between the clubs, either way we seem to be faultering with every chance anyway so relying on getting somethinf from our own games is a BIG IF!

[/quote]

I see your points, but can you see big Mick Mcarthy letting his players sit back and relax while barnsley walk over them? Cant see it myself!

[quote user="CanaryRyan"][quote user="Irish canary"][quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I see your points, but can you see big Mick Mcarthy letting his players sit back and relax while barnsley walk over them? Cant see it myself!

[/quote]

Think Mick is done for the season now, off painting his shed or something.

I just hope they want to end on a high.

It was 2-2, and Euro 2004, and the Danes don''t particularly like the Swedes, so it was certainly not planned from the start.However, when Sweden equalised just before the end (Mathias Jonson!) then the two teams played out added time, just kicking the ball around, until the referee blew. So they did both qualify for the quarter-finals (any high-scoring draw would have ensured that - not just 2-2) and Italy lost out.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Also with Burnley currently winning Reading are down to 6th and its looking like they may be desperate for the 3 points themselves Monday.[/quote]Reading are playing Derby tomorrow - a win would almost certainly guarantee their play-off spot.(am watching the Burnley match on Sky - many empty seats in the ground. Imagine if Norwich were in that situation - Carrow Road would be packed to the rafters! [:(] )

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="San Miguel"]no recent results have done us a favour and i can''t see any prospect of that changing - Forest and Barnsley are on good runs at the moment, and we are not. we absolutely must beat Reading and Charlton and hope for the best.[/quote]

I''d hardly say a point at Reading means Barnsley are on a good run.
[/quote]

bette than us!