Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Stormtroopers out in force!

Delia doesn''t deserve abuse - she''s done everything she can. But her time should be coming to an end because she simply does not have the finances a championship football club requires. It''s bloody obvious too - the amount of loans, profits from player sales, and we''re still struggling to keep our heads above water. She''s done as well as she could, but the past few years they have made some awful mistakes, which cannot be rectified as most of them have cost us both financially and in terms of our league position.As i said, she doesn''t deserve abuse. However, applauding her and singing ''Delia''s barmy army'' is certainly sending her the wrong message, as it is certainly time for her to leave. I''m sure i''ll be questioned with the ''But who will replace her?'' but thats not my job. Okay, if their genuinly is no-one available its not her fault, but we hardly seem to be forcing the boat out to get a sale. No interviews, they''ve kept incredibly quiet.

[quote]

I applauded a woman who has, despite numerous flaws, helped out the club i love by putting in something in the region of £12,000,000 of her own money.

Without that money we''d undoubtedly be in a worse condition than we are now.

Maybe some of you muppets should realise that you''re not in the majority that you like to pretend you are. You''re a bunch of whinging morons with ill-conceived, half-formed opinions about this football club.

Get over it.

[/quote]

oh Christ, you complete idiot. Just when I think the day couldn''t get any worse it appears deluded muppets like you are still willing to swallow it. You really can foll some of the fans all of the time. Try taking an IQ test, you won''t need to take your boots off.....

For the other idots singing "Delia''s Barmy Army" you really are barmy and relegation is her present to you for your blind obedience.

You Sir are the muppet as you applaud the mediocrity that this regime has served up and you go on your offensive of slaughtering anyone with an opinion that differs to your own. All people want is the best for the club but you have to persecute those who differ from you. I think the muppetry award should be reurned in your direction Good Sir!

Are you sure that the money has been given and nothing gained in return?

? - congratulations your post is the first one I have ever read on here that has made me feel physically sick. How it is possible to be so incredibly naive is beyond belief. we are on the brink of being relegated and you think she''s worth cheering do you? you and anyone else who cheered her should take your colours off and burn them. I am absolutely disgusted to share the same club with you.

Wanting money back is ballcocks!

How about....you write to the club asking for a refund for the money you have invested via season tickets for the last x amount of years?

It won''t happen! She has watched a hell of a lot of football, just like us! Shouldn''t we be entitled to a refund then?

The amount of money she has invested is prob similar if you compare it to a % of your income!

Don''t say it''s different because it ain''t! We bust our balls to follow this club!

I''m now off to write my letter to Doomy

I must say I was quite shicked that some of the fans were appauding her and singing Delia''s Barmy Army, can only think the sun had got to them.

All I can think of is that it must have been an act of defiance in the face of complete and utter humiliation on a par with Custer''s last stand. It has to be one of if not the most humiliating days in our 107 year history. People act strangely in adversity.

The majority of the fans there today were either away season ticket holders, or have 10 away stubs. These fans follow our team up and down the country, and the majority I suspect, are also season ticket holders. These are our hardcore fans, and I for one, salute them.

If these hardcore fans were applauding Delia at the final whistle it only justifies the fact that the lot of you on here that bleat on about Delia ''Satan'' Smith are really in the minority, and not the majority as you''d like to think.

I can not get the vision of Delias english t*ts wobbling as she waved scarf out of my head. [:D]One of my wives will get it hard tonight. [:D][:D]

[quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="Chrisr"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

I didn''t go today but the thought of our fans that were there applauding her and her scarf waving antics makes my stomach turn!!

Sadly due to our clubs ridiculous ticketing policy for scum away games the type of fan that gets a ticket is the type of Churchill nodding dog fan that makes this club look sad and pathetic.  They get tickets as they go to a set number of away games but the reason they go to so many games is because they have no other form of social life and probably buy all Delia''s books and watch her on i-player every night.

The fans you really want going to Portman Rd and giving the scum and our board some real abuse are unfortunately too busy with having a life to go to so many away games and therefore don''t get tickets.  Sorry if this offends some fans who went today and who do fit in to the second category but this is just  the way I see it.  Rant Over!!

[/quote]

Ah, so the fans who get to go to Ipswich away are unfortunately the ones who follow the team up and down the country during the season.

Damn them. How dare they get tickets rather than people who don''t....
[/quote]

Ok maybe they do deserve them but it doesn''t mean they are more of a fan than other people.  Sadly it''s people that are prepared to go and watch us every week who accept the situation we''re in now and don''t seem up for a fight to get us out of it.

My views may well be different tomorrow but for obvious reasons i''m in a really bad move and I hate everyone and everything at the moment!

[/quote]

Absolutely understandable.

Mind you, possibly the fans who go every week have been engaged in this battle for so long they are exhausted. Combat fatigue perhaps.

[/quote]

Combat fatigue???

Don''t make me laugh... [:$] [:D]

[quote user="Adolf Whittler"][quote user="Rupethebear"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]quote user="?" ..........Said

I applauded a woman who has, despite numerous flaws, helped out the club i love by putting in something in the region of £12,000,000 of her own money.

Maybe some of you muppets should realise that you''re not in the majority that you like to pretend you are. You''re a bunch of whinging morons with ill-conceived, half-formed opinions about this football club.

Get over it.

Oh dear, I do hope you have a sturdy tin hat [:D]

[/quote]

Tin hat, why, without her investment we would have been relegated ages ago, who else plugs the financial gap between income and expenditure??? Answers please......

[/quote]

Would we? Do you know that? How many other Clubs like Norwich have gone off the radar since Delia took over? Not many. The fact is this Club is bigger than her and its just as likely, if not more that we would ve been in a stronger position. Prats like you who fall for such nonsense spin from the corridors of CR are as much to blame for your naive praising of a regime that are clueless as to how to run a club. So answer me please.....Prove no one would''ve taken charge of City had saviour Smith not done and do you Honestly think we''d of disappeared into nothing much bigger than Telford or Welling utd?

[/quote]

I honestly believe that we are slowly but surely turning in to nothing more than A Telford or Welling Utd under Smith and her Charlatans Arthur!!! [;)]

If we lose against Reading and a large number of fans do not protest (far too late) against the silly cow then everything I have said about City and their fans deserving the 3rd rate team they are getting over the last few years has been right... [:$]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Before you start calling me a prat, read your post, ''prove no one would have taken charge of City'' well we have been up for sale and there are still no takers!! If you can find somebody better, with more time and investment then you are very clever and can then rightly call me a prat!!! Over to you Adolf.....sssshhhhh

[/quote]

Prat, prat, prat!!! [:$]

We will see when Delia has sent the club in to administration next year how many buyers there really are out there.

Just because Delia & Co have issued a "Hands Off" our little toy statement to the world does not mean that potential buyers are not still keeping close tabs on our situation hoping that Delia''s ridiculous asking price must be re-evaluated.

I''ve slept on it and still can''t figure out why people were chanting Delia''s name, could someone who was chanting please enlighten me??

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve slept on it and still can''t figure out why people were chanting Delia''s name, could someone who was chanting please enlighten me??[/quote]

They truly are a joke CA!, talk about ego/celebrity taking over a failing football club yes folks "A FAILING FOOTBALL CLUB". I would be ashamed to sit near anybody chanting Delias name on the worst day for OUR football club in my lifetime!

MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Delias Wane smile said it all, she was unsure of the reception she was going to get... i did hear boos, as i said elsewhere i tried to get a chant of "wheres all the money gone" started but few in the Lower tier joined in...

had it of been at Carrow Road she''d never have done it!

jas :)

I honestly can''t understand it either. I''m pretty moderate as fans go, but I just can''t understand why we would be chanting Delia''s name when she has presided over our decline from the Premiership to (almost certainly) League One in four years. Polite applause I could have understood, but the ''hero worship'' was quite embarrassing. All I can think of is that Portman Road is the last place we''d want to be seen to be having a go at Delia – you have to stay galvanised for local pride''s sake, I guess. Although, that said, we''re somewhat short of pride anyway with our Facebook manager and squad of players on loan who can''t get into the first team squad of teams in the same division as us.Yes Delia has loaned the club around £11-12 million, and yes that money has been vital to our survival, but the horrendous ''prudence with ambition'' policy and the appointment of three duff managers on the bounce has accelerated our downfall. It''s time for the moderate fans (like myself) to realise that we need to change if we''re going to survive, and we need to be putting pressure on the board. Sure there aren''t many buyers out there in the current climate, but I can guarantee there will be no buyers whatsoever while the owners'' valuation of the club remains so monstrously exaggerated.

? said:

Get over it.

Roll on League two and Blue Square league, then sycophantic arseholes like you will have buggered off elsewhere by then!

The first rule of good away support, which is one of the core saviours of our sport, is to not, and I mean NOT, to play into your enemies hands i.e do not rubbish your Club, its players or its management during the game (it is called washing your dirty laundry in public). Privately, back in the Pub, it is time to moan and speculate, and opinion-ate. So I applaud the fans who went, and who sang for the Club and Delia. Well done, and I hope you all got back safely, without having to take too much abuse. See you at Charlton.  

[quote user="corbs"]The first rule of good away support, which is one of the core saviours of our sport, is to not, and I mean NOT, to play into your enemies hands i.e do not rubbish your Club, its players or its management during the game (it is called washing your dirty laundry in public). Privately, back in the Pub, it is time to moan and speculate, and opinion-ate. So I applaud the fans who went, and who sang for the Club and Delia. Well done, and I hope you all got back safely, without having to take too much abuse. See you at Charlton.  [/quote]

are you neil Doncaster?!?!?!?!?!?! what a load of piffle!

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve slept on it and still can''t figure out why people were chanting Delia''s name, could someone who was chanting please enlighten me??[/quote]Psychological CA,  if one or two start doing it,  more and more will join in.  Except of course for the strong minded.  If after the game you question individually, why they cheered and clapped Delia''s ''performance''.  You''ll have answers ranging from, ''don''t know really'', and ''did it because everybody else was'',

[quote user="corbs"]The first rule of good away support, which is one of the core saviours of our sport, is to not, and I mean NOT, to play into your enemies hands i.e do not rubbish your Club, its players or its management during the game (it is called washing your dirty laundry in public). Privately, back in the Pub, it is time to moan and speculate, and opinion-ate. So I applaud the fans who went, and who sang for the Club and Delia. Well done, and I hope you all got back safely, without having to take too much abuse. See you at Charlton.  [/quote]

LOSER!-perhaps look at it on a more positive note and the scum fans would at least think we had sme backbone instead of aplauding failure!.

Wind your neck in!

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve slept on it and still can''t figure out why people were chanting Delia''s name, could someone who was chanting please enlighten me??[/quote]

Ive slept on it CA and the only conclusion I can come to is they were Ipswich fans taking great delight in our demise.

I was dumbfounded by the chanting, but personally more upset by her reaction. Waving, smiling, blowing kisses to the fans. She''s (supposed to be) a City fan, so why wasn''t she hurting like me (and the other 2500 City fans there) at 3.00 yesterday afternoon.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]I was dumbfounded by the chanting, but personally more upset by her reaction. Waving, smiling, blowing kisses to the fans. She''s (supposed to be) a City fan, so why wasn''t she hurting like me (and the other 2500 City fans there) at 3.00 yesterday afternoon.[/quote]

Because the woman is a c*nt. Plain and simple, much like the clueless bumpkins who applauded her.

[quote user="fearofambition"]

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]I was dumbfounded by the chanting, but personally more upset by her reaction. Waving, smiling, blowing kisses to the fans. She''s (supposed to be) a City fan, so why wasn''t she hurting like me (and the other 2500 City fans there) at 3.00 yesterday afternoon.[/quote]

Because the woman is a c*nt. Plain and simple, much like the clueless bumpkins who applauded her.

[/quote]

To suggest that Delia doesn''t feel the pain of defeat like any other fan is as ridiculous as old Adolfs ipswich fan allegations. She is what she is and she does what she does. I wasn''t close enough to see but I would imagine she was there to acknowledge the tremendous support our fans gave the team during the match. There would have been even more recriminations on here if she hadn''t done it. But just remember this. Delia is there at every game not just the games where we are there to see her. Complain about policy and the clubs direction if you like, I will join in some of those complaints. But what''s being complained about here is fans, fans that I''m proud to be one of.

[quote user="fearofambition"]

[/quote]

Totally uncalled for. If you want an example of one of these you have plenty amongst the brain dead idiots who have posted on this thred. Were any of you there? as none of you seem to have the slightest idea of what happened.

Smith didn''t stroll across the pitch, she was sat on the front of the top tier with the away fans. At the end of the game she stood up and left with stewards via the edge of the pitch. She turned to applaud the away fans and some responded with a "Delia give us a wave " chant. This was when she took off her scarf and waved at the fans which was met by a pretty much unanimous chant of Delias Barmy Army.

Don''t let a simple fact get in the way of a witch hunt though. Carry on with the absloute b*ll*cks you are all talking on this thred

Nigel, maybe I worded it wrong. I wasn''t accusing her of not feeling it, and I agree with what you say about acknowledging the crowd. However, the waving and blowing of kisses, while clearly being her way of acknowledging us, seemed way over the top given what had just happened.

As for fearofambition - way over the top mate, totally out of order.