Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Stormtroopers out in force!

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Nigel, maybe I worded it wrong. I wasn''t accusing her of not feeling it, and I agree with what you say about acknowledging the crowd. However, the waving and blowing of kisses, while clearly being her way of acknowledging us, seemed way over the top given what had just happened.

As for fearofambition - way over the top mate, totally out of order.

[/quote]

I know you weren''t Sid. It''s just the point I made about Delia being Delia, she does what she does. She''s got more balls than most of us on here that''s for sure. But there''s no act or dishonesty there. That''s how she is and you like me have seen it countless times. And surely you''d agree that those of us who regularly see her in the stands all over the country are maybe a bit more used to it and understanding of it. I don''t believe it was self promotion because the woman just isn''t like that. Maybe she should have just walked away quietly but it''s not her way and she was acknowledging the fans of which she is one.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Nigel, maybe I worded it wrong. I wasn''t accusing her of not feeling it, and I agree with what you say about acknowledging the crowd. However, the waving and blowing of kisses, while clearly being her way of acknowledging us, seemed way over the top given what had just happened.

[/quote]

I know you weren''t Sid. It''s just the point I made about Delia being Delia, she does what she does. She''s got more balls than most of us on here that''s for sure. But there''s no act or dishonesty there. That''s how she is and you like me have seen it countless times. And surely you''d agree that those of us who regularly see her in the stands all over the country are maybe a bit more used to it and understanding of it. I don''t believe it was self promotion because the woman just isn''t like that. Maybe she should have just walked away quietly but it''s not her way and she was acknowledging the fans of which she is one.

[/quote]

Poppycock

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you and i both know she wouldn''t of dared do it at Carrow road....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you and i both know she wouldn''t of dared do it at Carrow road....

jas :)

[/quote]

Actually Jas mate we both know she regularly does do it at Carrow Road and none of the message board abuse is ever thrown at her. If I didn''t know better I would also be wondering if some of our support deserve what they get[:O]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poppycock

[/quote]

How very very sad.  Of course it''s an act.  This is what celebrities do.  They make you feel you''re getting the real "them".  

[quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poppycock

[/quote]

How very very sad.  Of course it''s an act.  This is what celebrities do.  They make you feel you''re getting the real "them".  

[/quote]

Its not an act - she does care. The accusation has never been (from me at least) that she doesn''t care or that she has some sinister motive for dragging us down. i just cannot believe our fans applauded her and gave her an ovation.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poppycock

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its not an act - she does care. The accusation has never been (from me at least) that she doesn''t care or that she has some sinister motive for dragging us down. i just cannot believe our fans applauded her and gave her an ovation.

[/quote]

I didn''t say she doesn''t care Jim, simply that the public persona we see at Carrow Road is not the real Delia, any more than the TV cook was the real Delia, or the PM Tony Blair was the real Tony Blair.  That''s not a criticism btw it''s just the way it works.  I thought people realised that. 

[quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="mystic megson is back "][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Poppycock

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I didn''t say she doesn''t care Jim, simply that the public persona we see at Carrow Road is not the real Delia, any more than the TV cook was the real Delia, or the PM Tony Blair was the real Tony Blair.  That''s not a criticism btw it''s just the way it works.  I thought people realised that. 

[/quote]

But I don''t believe you can stereo-type people into nice little groups Mystic. The best way is to speak as you find. Judge people by who they are and not by what their place in this world suggests they could be. I speak as I find and I believe that Delia is as much "herself as a fan" as any of the other fans I have met. Never met Tony Blair though.