Sign in to follow this  
Barlodona

Every game we have lost or drawn

Gunn has blamed it on the ref.... yes we might have some dodgey decisons against us but you cant keep blaming it on the ref....  TAKE THE RAP FOR ONCE GUNNY!!

Bristol, Sheff Wed, Ipswich & Brimingham i''d say we were robbed of 8 points there, Gunny told it how it was after the S''oton draw and Blackpool defeat from my recollection so it''s not always the ref''s fault.

Admittedly we didn''t play well against Sheff Wed and Ipswich but i do think we''d have gotten a point from both were it not for the poor refereeing.

The man has a case to be fair

Not this old chestnut again.

The season is 46 games long. Some decisions go for you, some decisions go against you. Sometimes the team plays poorly and wins, sometimes they play well and  lose.

Over a season results usually balance out but if it''s not over one season then it''s over two, three, four or whatever

For those with short memories just go back to 2003/4. Sure, we won the Championship, but we had more than our share of good fortune in winning some of those games.

It all evens out in the end.

Yes refs decision is final and Gunn is beggining to sound like a broken record , maybe he should be more worried about why his players threw in the towel at half time yesterday while Magilton managed to get his side to come out all guns blazing.

things even themselves out ? not in my book . how many times this season can you remember a big decision going for us ? i sure as hell can''t . in the last few weeks we have seen countless balls up by refs with every one going against us . gunny has a point .

To be fair, we have had some howling refereeing decisions made against us this season. Having said that we have not been completely descimated by several injury crises (?spelling). Additionally for the first time in 3-4 years our goal difference hasn`t been cataclismically awful, so I guess things do even themselves out a bit.[*-)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

The season is 46 games long. Some decisions go for you, some decisions go against you. Sometimes the team plays poorly and wins, sometimes they play well and  lose.

Over a season results usually balance out but if it''s not over one season then it''s over two, three, four or whatever

For those with short memories just go back to 2003/4. Sure, we won the Championship, but we had more than our share of good fortune in winning some of those games.

[/quote]

I hope you''re right!! We are going to get at least half a dozen dodgy penalties in our favour in the next 2 games! I reckon we''ll stay up with six points. So there is justice after all! Thank the lord!!! [Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Just like rat face, Fester always blames someone else.[/quote]I think that should go down as post of the year. Balanced, well constructed and informative! [:$]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Just like rat face, Fester always blames someone else.[/quote]

Here we go again.. You change your opinion more than you change your pants Mr Wizard.. One minute he''s th messiah the next the anti-christ [:P]

[/quote]

The old chestnut is the notion that it all evens out in the end. IMO this is just a myth. The fact is that our team has suffered more than it''s fair share of unfair crucial decisions over the last 6 weeks or so which have resulted in us losing many points. I don''t recall experiencing a run of lucky crucial decisions going in our favour earlier in the season that needed to be balanced out later in the season in order to preserve the myth ! The other fact is that Gunn inherited a team cobbled together by Roeder and IMO he has done pretty well with the tools he was given. For example, there was an inane thread on here after the derby defeat on Sunday blaming it all on Gunn but no one addressed the point that the vast majority of fans supported Gunn''s starting line-up for this match. Ultimately, it is the players who should be blamed for their no show in the 2nd half although as we all know the real rot set in with that infamous "Ambition with prudence" bollocks when we achieved promotion to the Premiership.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Managers job to get the players fired up and Gunn just doesnt cut the mustard.
[/quote]

What for the 2nd half of a local derby with the score at 1-1 and pride and avoiding relagation to play for ? Blimey, if players need the manager to fire them up for a game like that with so much resting on the outcome then ......... then ........ I''m lost for words !

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Over the entire season, we haven''t been good enough. That''s the bottom line.
[/quote]

Maybe, but that''s not the point of the thread, is it ?!

[quote user="Lord Snooty"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Managers job to get the players fired up and Gunn just doesnt cut the mustard.
[/quote]

What for the 2nd half of a local derby with the score at 1-1 and pride and avoiding relagation to play for ? Blimey, if players need the manager to fire them up for a game like that with so much resting on the outcome then ......... then ........ I''m lost for words !

[/quote]

Couldnt have put it better myself.. Motivational skills is an important part of being a football manager but if the players couldnt motivate themselves Sunday they simply shouldnt be profesional footballers

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

The old chestnut is the notion that it all evens out in the end. IMO this is just a myth. The fact is that our team has suffered more than it''s fair share of unfair crucial decisions over the last 6 weeks or so which have resulted in us losing many points. I don''t recall experiencing a run of lucky crucial decisions going in our favour earlier in the season that needed to be balanced out later in the season in order to preserve the myth ! ............

[/quote]

Like I said Lord Snooty each season can''t be taken in isolation.

We haven''t been too lucky with the rub of the green this season but in earlier seasons we have been.

We haven''t been too lucky with the rub of the green this season but in earlier seasons we have been.

[/quote]

So now you''re tellin'' me we won''t get those pens in the next two games[:@] And that we might have to wait until next season or the season after that[|-)] Talk about getting a blokes hopes up and leading him up the garden path to a dry billabong![U] I thought your first post was fair dinkum mate[:''(] Shame on ya Smithy... famin'' galah''s the lot of ya[:|]

[H][;)][B][pi][ip][ap]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

But how to you define "luck" and "rub of the green" ? I would prefer to base any judgment on facts, e.g. over the course of a season you would expect to gain roughly the same number of penalties as you concede. Anyone got the facts on that?

The old chestnut is the notion that it all evens out in the end. IMO this is just a myth. The fact is that our team has suffered more than it''s fair share of unfair crucial decisions over the last 6 weeks or so which have resulted in us losing many points. I don''t recall experiencing a run of lucky crucial decisions going in our favour earlier in the season that needed to be balanced out later in the season in order to preserve the myth ! ............

[/quote]

[/quote]

But how do you define "luck" and "rub of the green" ? It is all down to personal opinion. I would prefer to base any judgment on facts, e.g. over the course of a season you would expect to gain roughly the same number of penalties as you concede. Or, how many times has a Manager received a telephone call from the referee after the game apologising for getting a major decision wrong.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

But how to you define "luck" and "rub of the green" ? I would prefer to base any judgment on facts, e.g. over the course of a season you would expect to gain roughly the same number of penalties as you concede. Anyone got the facts on that?

[/quote]

[/quote]

But how do you define "luck" and "rub of the green" ? It is all down to personal opinion. I would prefer to base any judgment on facts, e.g. over the course of a season you would expect to gain roughly the same number of penalties as you concede. Or, how many times has a Manager received a telephone call from the referee after the game apologising for getting a major decision wrong.

[/quote]

The point I''m trying to make is that fairness, luck, call it what you will doesn''t run in neat season-long parcels.

Bit like life really.....