Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

LISTEN UP DELIA & co.

now that relegation is nearly confirmed you must realise that this whole mess is the fault of the board. several catastrophic decisions since 2005 have cost us very dear. despite our partial success from 2002-2005 we are very much now in a worse situation then when you took over.

i appreciate you cannot just walk away but i demand you show the club you care and that you really want to get norwich out of this mess. show you care and want the best for the club by;

1. refuse any offer for players such as hoolahan, clinagan, marshall, doc. i understand they may well want to leave - well tough tell them there staying for at least one season in league one to try and get us out of the mess they have helped get us in. united did it with ronaldo. show b*llocks and reject any bids. we need to keep this core if were to have any chance. i would much rather keep these players then sell for money to sign lesser players. remember hoolahan and clinagan cost next to nothing so if they left in a year or two for next to nothing you havent lost anything.

and .............

2. appoint a manger well before pre season, whether it be bryan gunn or some one new do it as soon as possible so that we are well prepared.

im not asking you to plough millions in for transfers and i appreciate loans may still be required, these 2 requests are not unrealistic and will go a little way in raising hopes.

yesterday felt like my club died and was the lowest i have ever ever been supporting this club. i was close to tears. please show us you care and make our stay in league one a short one.

Unfortunately the power is in the player''s hands now and if they want to leave they will do so - can afford to buy themselves out of their contracts in the worst case scenario.

I do however agree with the sentiment that the focus needs to be on winning on the pitch with everything else a secondary concern.

I think Gunn will get the job, and do not see this as the worst thing in the world.  Given our financial predicament I honestly do not think a good manager would deign to come here so think we need to work with what we have.

I think the team has looked a lot better under Gunn (this is not saying much) and hope that with a full pre-season he and the trio present as good an option as any that will be available to us.

united did it with ronaldosorry that''s not quite the same.  Manure was in the position of practically guaranteeing ''winker'' they''d win some sort of trophy or two.  What can we offer them? A free lunch in Delia''s Restaurant.

hahaha you are assuming that if we kept this crock of **** together that we would have a team capable of winning promotion from Div 1 next year???

I beg to differ... [:P]

[quote user="Smudger"]

hahaha you are assuming that if we kept this crock of **** together that we would have a team capable of winning promotion from Div 1 next year???

[/quote]

An expert opinion as always graphically phrased and with the experience of many games home and away this season to base it on[:D]

But you could be right[;)]

We will have 11 players on the field which is technically all you need to win promotion.

If football has taught us anything it is that any team can win on the day.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

An expert opinion as always graphically phrased and with the experience of many games home and away this season to base it on[:D]

But you could be right[;)]

[/quote]

As the late great Brian Clough would of said... Smudger was not the best of pundits but he was in the top one! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

well seeing as players such as clingan and hoolahan have been integral parts of teams that have won promotion from that decision i would say yes.

your obviously a very frustrated individual such as us all except aggrevating everyone seems to give you some enjoyment and helps hide your hurt

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

well seeing as players such as clingan and hoolahan have been integral parts of teams that have won promotion from that decision i would say yes.

your obviously a very frustrated individual such as us all except aggrevating everyone seems to give you some enjoyment and helps hide your hurt

[/quote]

that would be division not decision

[quote user="rjwc22"]

We will have 11 players on the field which is technically all you need to win promotion.

If football has taught us anything it is that any team can win on the day.

[/quote]

Errr NO... you need a squad of capable players at the level you are playing at with at least 3 or 4 very gifted players at that level and a bit of luck.

You obviously haven''t learnt anything from the shambles of the past few years have you?

11 substandard players with half a team of loanees will do exactly the same for us in any league has it has done for us in the Championship over the last few years.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that would be division not decision

[/quote]

But when Clingan decides to go and warm Fulham''s bench what nomark will we find to fill his shoes when kind old Auntie Deal''s gives messers Gunny & Co £300k of the £3million they receive to find a replacement?

As for Hoolahan... utter plop that should of stayed at that level in the first place.

Add to that Croft walking out the door for nothing and the fact that we need to find ourselves two strikers plus half a team to replace our loanees then I think we have diddly squat chance of bouncing straight back... unless of course BIG INVESTMENT comes in et la Peter Cullum over the next month or so.

Is relegation nearly confirmed? For the sake of a couple of weeks can''t we just wait and see? I reckon it''s 50/50 right now.

If we go down there is no way in the world that Clingan, Croft or Marshall will still eb at the club. outside chance we might keep Hooly but i would also say doubtful as all of the above will be on big wages. We shuld get what we can for Clingan and Marshall and use it to buy up 2 or 3 of the best young prospects in League 1 and 2, bring in a couple of veteran old pros for experience and try and bring through some of our youngsters like Corey Smith and Adeyemi.

Maybe get Lee as I think a partnership of Lee and Macdonald would be excellent at league1 level.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

If we go down there is no way in the world that Clingan, Croft or Marshall will still eb at the club. outside chance we might keep Hooly but i would also say doubtful as all of the above will be on big wages. We shuld get what we can for Clingan and Marshall and use it to buy up 2 or 3 of the best young prospects in League 1 and 2, bring in a couple of veteran old pros for experience and try and bring through some of our youngsters like Corey Smith and Adeyemi.

Maybe get Lee as I think a partnership of Lee and Macdonald would be excellent at league1 level.

[/quote]

We should get Ricky Lambert and should of signed him earlier this season before all the goals he has banged in sent his percieved value soaring.