Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Thanks a lot NCFC Board

I would personally like to thank the NCFC board....Because without them, we wouldn''t be were we are now....[:|]

Adolf Whittler and 1st Wazzock - my point was that Norwich spent too much on the team and failed. Worthy seemed to have gambled and lost over the period between the promotion season and when he got sacked. The premiership money and the parachute payments didn''t seem to have been spent wisely. Worthy had previously produced a great team on a shoestring, yet when he went for broke the trouble started. Signing Helveg looked like the beginning of his and Norwich''s downfall.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Norwich R Us"]Premiership -> Worthy -> Grant -> Roeder -> Gunn -> League One.

[/quote]

And not just there, either...

Premiership -> Francis -> Etuhu -> Fotheringham/Pattison -> League One.

Premiership -> Ashton -> Earnshaw -> Cureton -> League One.

Premiership -> Huckerby -> Hoolahan -> Carney (loan) -> League One.

[/quote]

Premiership  -> Doherty -> Doherty -> Doherty -> League One........[:(]

[/quote]

hahaha nice one Mr.C... I love it!!! [|-)]

What a sad state of affairs that the Doc and an average Championship midfielder (at best) in Clingan are going to be up for Player of the Season next Monday... [:$]

Fans should of voted for Lita (with Reading the opponents) as suggested earlier in the season.

[quote user="cityhopper"]Adolf Whittler and 1st Wazzock - my point was that Norwich spent too much on the team and failed. Worthy seemed to have gambled and lost over the period between the promotion season and when he got sacked. The premiership money and the parachute payments didn''t seem to have been spent wisely. Worthy had previously produced a great team on a shoestring, yet when he went for broke the trouble started. Signing Helveg looked like the beginning of his and Norwich''s downfall.[/quote]

Ahh yes... you mean too much on the likes of those footballing greats... Jason Jarrett, Andy Hughes, Louis Jean and Co???

Well my, my, my I am gobsmacked that we are now not playing in The Champions League with such inspired signings... [:$]

[quote user="cityhopper"]Adolf, the club has generally been running up debts way too much and living beyond its means. I''m not saying don''t spend, but I think a lot of the problems stemmed from trying to build up too quickly and then getting into trouble post relegation. Of course other factors like poor managerial appointments haven''t helped, but we''re in more trouble now because we''ve spent too much too quickly. We can''t spend our way out of our present problems, unless someone with deep pockets comes along.[/quote]

as wrong as it is possible to be, we''re in trouble for exactly the opposite reason, we didn''t spend enough.

Didn''t spend enough on the team to survive in the Prem

Didn''t spend enough of the parachute payments to try and get back there

Didn''t spend enough this season to even stay in the Championship

You are totally wrong

[quote user="cityhopper"]Adolf Whittler and 1st Wazzock - my point was that Norwich spent too much on the team and failed. Worthy seemed to have gambled and lost over the period between the promotion season and when he got sacked. The premiership money and the parachute payments didn''t seem to have been spent wisely. Worthy had previously produced a great team on a shoestring, yet when he went for broke the trouble started. Signing Helveg looked like the beginning of his and Norwich''s downfall.[/quote]

WTF?  First i read about Delia getting an ovation for taking us to the brink of the third division, now someone appears to believe the exact opposite of reality.  Cityhopper, we received £34.2m from sky over three seasons and flogged £18m worth of players in the same period- and that`s not to mention sellout crowds and the share issues which paid for the first £1.5m for Ashton.  Which footballers did we waste all that money on exactly?  Our only "push the boat out" signing since relegation was Earnshaw and we even made a £600k profit on him.

If you want to see where alot of that cash went, have a look at the capital expenditure as stated in the accounts- ie. spend on facilities and infrastructure.  How useful do you think £6m worth of land and road, the new ticket office/scoreboard, refurbed Jarrold stand/Yellows, conservatory at Colney etc. will be in the third division?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

WTF?  First i read about Delia getting an ovation for taking us to the brink of the third division, now someone appears to believe the exact opposite of reality.  Cityhopper, we received £34.2m from sky over three seasons and flogged £18m worth of players in the same period- and that`s not to mention sellout crowds and the share issues which paid for the first £1.5m for Ashton.  Which footballers did we waste all that money on exactly?  Our only "push the boat out" signing since relegation was Earnshaw and we even made a £600k profit on him.

If you want to see where alot of that cash went, have a look at the capital expenditure as stated in the accounts- ie. spend on facilities and infrastructure.  How useful do you think £6m worth of land and road, the new ticket office/scoreboard, refurbed Jarrold stand/Yellows, conservatory at Colney etc. will be in the third division?

[/quote]

That''s being very unfair Mr.C.

The team is only at Carrow Road 20 odd times out of 365 days that the other facilities are available.

So putting money into permanaent facilities is far far better.

What do you think we are some kind of football club?[;)]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]The hotel looks very nice from where I am sitting! How can you forget that?[/quote]

Good view from the loo window is it[;)]

100% agree. The board have absolutely killed this club. If fans cant see that well they are as deluded as the board. Loved the way Delia came over after the game and everyone clapped her. That was wonderful. She must have been thinkin "Jesus, I really can do no wrong". Well sorry but you can and you have. The board as a whole have been doing things wrong since we lost 6-0 in a game that we needed to win to stay up. The less said about that game the better but, in my opinion that was the day the rot set in.

I know that people will say Delia was just trying to show her appreciation to the "greatest fans in the World", but it would be similar to Fred the Shred getting a standing ovation from RBS customers having lost them their money. Lets just say she shouldn''t have bothered.

Sorry but the majority of our fans are IDIOTS. Not for supporting our team. Of course not. I would never insinuate such a thing. It is just the way a large majority appear not just content, but happy to applaud abject failure.

Rant over

Exactly sums up Delia''s regime that a failing CEO can carry on with no fingers pointed in his direction and offer utter drivel that a certain percentage of the fans lap up.

How can he have been in position so long when the club is in its worst position for years and the poor maangerial appointments made in the last few seasons.

Why did we not appoint Boothroyd? Because he is not a yes man like our manager!!

What a load of plop... have you forgot that our Premiership Cash was spent on the Ginger Pele to play upfront plus that useless Swedish fella on the wing and nursing David Bentley in to first team action?

Apart from that we hardly had a player who had previously played at the top level.

Is pretty simple to see why we came down.

Follow that up with the Signings of Jarrett, Hughes and Louis Jean when we came down and it is clear to see that since he clinched promotion Worthy was starved of any finances (except on the one occasion yet more fans money helped the board to get a bit of quality in with Ashton).

We got exactly what we deserved and have been getting the same ever since.

Favourites to win the league upon relegation we were... it was clear to anybody with a footballing brain that was not going to happen 2 or 3 games in to that season.

Remind me how much did Worthy spend on Helveg?

How much did he spend in the Premiership prior to signing Ashton?

The answer you are looking for "is no way near enough!!!"