Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who applauded and chanted Delia's name after the game??

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now Arthur  I regularly speak to fans of other clubs and I can tell you that we are not a laughing stock at all. Our support is the envy of other clubs. Of course they may well try and score points with a bit of banter but if you get talking to them many of them are in fact jealous of our great support. 

Why so many who don’t go to games are on here today slagging off the fans that do is beyond me. So when did we lose your once great club Arthur? At what point did the fans become spineless? How are we going to get rid of them, shall we have a cull? Shall we deny anyone under the age of 30 entry under the assumption that they can’t possibly know what real passion is. How will we ever stop our support dying out if we take that approach. The club needs young fans to survive. Maybe, as you don’t go anymore you could open up Arthur’s classes to correct young football fans. You could teach them how to support their team with passion. Put an end to those pathetic Yarmy chants and "follow the boys in yellow" and replace them with passionate and stirring anthems such as “you’re gonna get your f***in’ ‘ead kicked in” and “you’re goin’ ‘ome in a Norfolk ambulance”.

Our fans are just as passionate as they ever were Arthur. I reckon you’ve managed to smuggle a bottle past Doris today [;)]

[/quote]

Our attendances may well be the envy of other clubs NN but i always make a point of engaging with other fans and, love it or loath it, we are not seen as the sort that will go out and fight our corner. Most fans i know from other clubs rib us for our laid back,family attitude and often mention that we are far to polite and decent to get worked up over such issues as relegation to the old Div 3. I don''t doubt our great support has passion but i do think its rather tepid these days and most certainly spineless. The fact we have great support, especially the younger generation is wonderful but we must realise that the club IS NOT DELIA SMITH and a far bigger thing.

Zipper - most of the fans I know don''t even post on message boards. But most of them are fed up with our progress over the past few seasons. Quite a few of them are anti board/Delia. No there is no public outcry, no mass protests or much of any kind of public intent, but that doesn''t mean that there are more than a few NCFC fans who are not exactly fans of the board/Delia Smith.

The largest common denominator for me is apathy, or hoping someone else will get things started. Aside from that, those fans who might well have chanted Delia''s name or for that matter argue against her leaving - do you think any of them are really happy or satisfied with how things have gone/are going? I doubt it, maybe then we have to conclude that they don''t really seek to blame anyone in particular and accept that our fate is our fate. Or if they do they can''t see an alternative in the frame at present.

Aside from questioning every single fan and relying on an honest answer, I doubt we will ever know for sure.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now Arthur  I regularly speak to fans of other clubs and I can tell you that we are not a laughing stock at all. Our support is the envy of other clubs. Of course they may well try and score points with a bit of banter but if you get talking to them many of them are in fact jealous of our great support. 

Why so many who don’t go to games are on here today slagging off the fans that do is beyond me. So when did we lose your once great club Arthur? At what point did the fans become spineless? How are we going to get rid of them, shall we have a cull? Shall we deny anyone under the age of 30 entry under the assumption that they can’t possibly know what real passion is. How will we ever stop our support dying out if we take that approach. The club needs young fans to survive. Maybe, as you don’t go anymore you could open up Arthur’s classes to correct young football fans. You could teach them how to support their team with passion. Put an end to those pathetic Yarmy chants and "follow the boys in yellow" and replace them with passionate and stirring anthems such as “you’re gonna get your f***in’ ‘ead kicked in” and “you’re goin’ ‘ome in a Norfolk ambulance”.

Our fans are just as passionate as they ever were Arthur. I reckon you’ve managed to smuggle a bottle past Doris today [;)]

[/quote]

Our attendances may well be the envy of other clubs NN but i always make a point of engaging with other fans and, love it or loath it, we are not seen as the sort that will go out and fight our corner. Most fans i know from other clubs rib us for our laid back,family attitude and often mention that we are far to polite and decent to get worked up over such issues as relegation to the old Div 3. I don''t doubt our great support has passion but i do think its rather tepid these days and most certainly spineless. The fact we have great support, especially the younger generation is wonderful but we must realise that the club IS NOT DELIA SMITH and a far bigger thing.

[/quote]

I honestly believe we lost our spine around the Prem season and i can''t blame the young''uns, they know no better.If intelligent, sensible Gentlemen like yourself fall for the CR spin one can hardly blame the new crop....[;)]

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"]In some parts of the country they put flouride in the water (good for teeth apparently).  In Ipswich they obviously use LSD![/quote]Didn''t drink any water ... well not until the train station debacle when the police were handing out bottles.Stuck to good old fashioned Carling in a plastic bottle [:S]

I booed as loud as I could and didn''t here anyone else who felt the same as I did. I couldnt believe what I was hearing and seeing. It amazes me how people are still backing her and her clueless muppet show. These people would be happy watching any old muck!

We lost our spine the minute Delia Smith dressed the team in yellow knickers........

We are now a "hermaphrodite" outfit playing our football in a man''s league....but kicking the ball like a girl. Most of our well heeled modern "supporters" are nancy boys too.

It''s time they all sold their second homes and buggered off back to London.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

"I guess you could have drawn solace from the fact the scummers got some of the money you are boycotting from DNCFC". 

And people wonder why you seem to be involved in every petty tit-for-tat argument which clogs up the board?!  What a childish prat you really are.

And i`ve already posted that me and my mates will be down at Charlton if we need something from the game, even if we are not given any more tickets and we have to go in the home end.

[/quote]

Well, if pointing out that you''d be quite happy spending your money in scums ticket orifice while you still boycott our own is childish then I''m gonna get totally infantile and point out that while it''s very noble, and even martyr like of you, to put your differences aside to get behind the boys if we need something from the last game, you''d leave them to flounder without you if that game was at home.

Childish, in my view, is stuff like adding a ''D'' to the traditional name of our great club. Bet you and your mates had a right giggle at that one.

[/quote]

Yes, it certainly is infantile because if it was a Saturday or Sunday game i would be there.  I can probably get a ticket for any game i like if try hard enough.  I was in the Jarrold for our must-win game against QPR last season, only to be surrounded by people who genuinely didn`t seem to realise how important that game was and looked at me and my mate as if we`d escaped from an asylum when we got a bit vocal or agitated.  When was the last time you watched a home game away from the Barclay Lower? 

How do you get a ticket without paying for it Mr Carrow? Nevermind, I don''t want to know......

The last first team game I watched away from the Lower Barclay was probably the cup match against Barnet last season. We were in the Jarrold and there were 4 of us "Barclay regulars" with my youngest grandson. He loved it! Before that it was probably in the 90''s.

[quote user="Henry"]When the clapping started after the game i joined in, thinking it normal if you like. Its only been since reading these forums that i''ve learned of the depth of feeling towards this subject. I have to say that initially my thoughts were ... how could anybody be so ungrateful ( I remember the Chase years and the opening of the upper tier of the Barclay ... can anyone remember the decision to stick the away fans up there? Tottenham i think it was ... FA Cup 4th round, could be wrong though)? Over the last two days i''ve been digging around and find myself agreeing with quite a few of the issues raised. So i suppose i had better say ..... sorry [:S][/quote]Henry - don''t make the mistake of believing that the views expressed by some on here are typical of our fans as a whole. Several of the posters here spend much of thier time bemoaning how moronic City fans are. ps - wait for the retort- "no just fans like you badger!"

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Henry"]

When the clapping started after the game i joined in, thinking it normal if you like. Its only been since reading these forums that i''ve learned of the depth of feeling towards this subject. I have to say that initially my thoughts were ... how could anybody be so ungrateful ( I remember the Chase years and the opening of the upper tier of the Barclay ... can anyone remember the decision to stick the away fans up there? Tottenham i think it was ... FA Cup 4th round, could be wrong though)? Over the last two days i''ve been digging around and find myself agreeing with quite a few of the issues raised. So i suppose i had better say ..... sorry [:S]

[/quote]

Henry - don''t make the mistake of believing that the views expressed by some on here are typical of our fans as a whole. Several of the posters here spend much of thier time bemoaning how moronic City fans are.

ps - wait for the retort- "no just fans like you badger!"
[/quote]

Henry, talk to the man in the street/pub/work, i think you''ll find the Pro Board are very much in the Minority now. Unlike some, most have smelt the Coffee.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

When the clapping started after the game i joined in, thinking it normal if you like. Its only been since reading these forums that i''ve learned of the depth of feeling towards this subject. I have to say that initially my thoughts were ... how could anybody be so ungrateful ( I remember the Chase years and the opening of the upper tier of the Barclay ... can anyone remember the decision to stick the away fans up there? Tottenham i think it was ... FA Cup 4th round, could be wrong though)? Over the last two days i''ve been digging around and find myself agreeing with quite a few of the issues raised. So i suppose i had better say ..... sorry [:S]

[/quote]

Henry - don''t make the mistake of believing that the views expressed by some on here are typical of our fans as a whole. Several of the posters here spend much of thier time bemoaning how moronic City fans are.

[/quote]

Henry, talk to the man in the street/pub/work, i think you''ll find the Pro Board are very much in the Minority now. Unlike some, most have smelt the Coffee.

[/quote]

If that''s true, and I think it could well be, then it''s the anti-board who have lost their spine Arthur, because the only place they are "heard" is on the message boards.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If that''s true, and I think it could well be, then it''s the anti-board who have lost their spine Arthur, because the only place they are "heard" is on the message boards.

[/quote]

Very true, but i don''t think that will be the case for much longer and  there will be protests of some sort next season,possibly Monday depending on weekend results and our game against Reading.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I bet there''s a few who call out Delia''s name in their sleep....[/quote]I must say your standards are slipping old fruit...

Don''t you Delia fans dare forget to sing her name tomorrow night after the game and clap loudly if she''s join the players on their lap of whatever its called nowadays [:)]

None of my mates post on here, but they all want change at the club.  The majority is however silent.  Lose 3-0 tommorow and things might kick off though.[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Henry"]When the clapping started after the game i joined in, thinking it normal if you like. Its only been since reading these forums that i''ve learned of the depth of feeling towards this subject. I have to say that initially my thoughts were ... how could anybody be so ungrateful ( I remember the Chase years and the opening of the upper tier of the Barclay ... can anyone remember the decision to stick the away fans up there? Tottenham i think it was ... FA Cup 4th round, could be wrong though)? Over the last two days i''ve been digging around and find myself agreeing with quite a few of the issues raised. So i suppose i had better say ..... sorry [:S][/quote]Henry - don''t make the mistake of believing that the views expressed by some on here are typical of our fans as a whole. Several of the posters here spend much of thier time bemoaning how moronic City fans are. ps - wait for the retort- "no just fans like you badger!"[/quote]

[quote user="Pastry"]None of my mates post on here, but they all want change at the club.  The majority is however silent.  Lose 3-0 tommorow and things might kick off though.

[/quote]

Did any of them applaud and chant Delia''s name last Sunday Pastry? Because the witch hunt has been on for a week now and we''ve only found 2dots and Henry. That''s not much of a result for 16 Pages! But watch out you two........ Angel''s on your case and woe betide you if you wave your knickers at "Our Deals" again tomorrow night[:O]