Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who applauded and chanted Delia's name after the game??

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="cityangel"]

I know its been touched on in about 3 threads on here but I thought it worth giving its own thread with her name in the title so people don''t miss it.

I was gobsmacked after the game when she walked round the perimeter towards us and a ''Delia''s green and yellow army '' chant was started and then to my amazement people started applauded her, not just for a minute or two but for a good 5 mins.

So if you were there what did you think of the chants and applause?

If you applauded her could you tell us what you were applauded her for?

Everyone''s entitled to do what they feel is right, I''m just interested to know what was going through people''s minds.

[/quote]

Didnt go CA, but amazed at reading this....nobody has yet to explain why they did so...I think that speaks volumes.

[/quote]

Or it shows that the PinkUn message board, as I have expected for a long time, does not reflect the majority view of Norwich fans.  There are a lot of keyboard warriors on here who slander, and criticise and moan about Delia.  Now don''t get me wrong I am no board apologist, but perhaps the PinkUn is not the be all and end all of Norwich City Football Club supporter''s opinions.  People on here have been brainwashed as well, and completely changed by certain people, I guess my main reference here is to CT being influenced by Wiz.

But anyway, that''s by the by.  I''m not sure it CT really did boo and chant on Sunday, it''s very easy to say that you did on a message board when the reality was very different.  I just think that it is clear the majority of fans clearly appreciate Delia still, and this wont change, and that is why she was cheered on Sunday, perhaps if the ?few hundred? people on this message board turned up it might have been slightly different....but the majority of the complaints come from people who don''t go to games anyway and you can make of that what you like.
[/quote]

I have been going to games for 37 years and I have nothing but contempt for Delia Smith, for her to be applauded yesterday after all the crap we have put up with the last few years is beyond belief. Any other club in the country including Ipswich and she wouldn''t be able to sit with the fans without the risk of serious abuse, I judge her entirely on the clubs record under her leadership and however you look at it there is no disguising the fact that it''s not very good.

[/quote]

totally correct kdncfc, and thank God for a bit of sanity. to be honest this subject has disturbed me more than anything else we have had to put up with. If this really is the majority view then we are in much worse trouble than I previously thought, and there is no telling just how far we have to fall before the fans turn on her and the rest of the Board who have proved so spectacularly incompetent. If I managed the branch of my company anywhere nearly as bad as the current owners of NCFC then I would have expected my customers to have put me out of Business some time ago. Smacks to me of a particularly British mentality, like cheering your General as he surrenders to the enemy. very very sad indeed.

Just applauding an elderly woman who''s put nearly half her net worth into our Club and now will probably lose most of that. There have been serious mistakes made (appointing Gunn is just the latest one), but she hasn''t been personally responsible for them - it''s the Chairman and the Chief Executive who should carry the can because they''re the ones supposedly with the professional skills. They''ve made the really big cock-ups, but Delia will pick up the tab. And she''s had to put up with the poisonous (but anonymous) insults from all manner of pond-life on here. Really, she deserves more than applause.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.[/quote]

Nice to see the loyal supporters are out in force [:S] you can come back with whatever you want about years of support, but that fades into nothing if you are quick enough to bin the team when things go tits up.
[/quote]

You miss the point mate. I can totally relate to what Ricky is saying. Its not about the team on the pitch or its position, its about how our great club has lost its balls, and most of the fans have lost theirs too. Only our happy clappy family fans would put up with such rubbish. You with your ''loyal supporters'' comments make me laugh. Your little out bursts of one upmanship towards people who have followed City all over for decades only back up my theory of the kind of supporters who attend CR these days.

[/quote]

and so can I, the difference between people who can actually see what''s going on (like Ricky & you Arthur) and the kind of unfortunate village idiot starstruck "cos we''ve got Delia, and she can cook, write books, and she''s bin on the telly and everything". Oooh look she''s waving at us, quick let''s wave back, doesn''t matter that our club''s just gone down the toilet, hey I know a song "Delia''s Barmy Army".......you CAN fool some of the fans, ALL of the time, tragically.

Are other clubs like this? Do they have fans calling each other halfwits and idiots a pricks for not seeing the ''truth'' that they see? Its starting to piss me off right royally now.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]

I don''t think much of Acle''s board of directors, and Sheringham have too many loan players for my liking, but each to their own.
[/quote]

dont give up the day job bud, comedy is obviously not your strong point.

[/quote]
Yours must be, being a wrestler and all.
Sorry, couldn''t help it.
[/quote]

so who is the idiot, i get paid for being a twat, you do it for nout, sorry could not resist it,

[/quote]

Perhaps, but i don''t have to wear this whilst being one. [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BNT9S2R8L._AA280_.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

no, because you and most happy clappy city fans, have not got the balls to fill them. anyway.

[/quote]

on a scale of embarrassing I would have said it is 1000 times more embarassing (not to mention humiliating, stupid, naive etc) to have clapped HRH Delia than wear any kind of wrestling gear, even red pants.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

I know its been touched on in about 3 threads on here but I thought it worth giving its own thread with her name in the title so people don''t miss it.

I was gobsmacked after the game when she walked round the perimeter towards us and a ''Delia''s green and yellow army '' chant was started and then to my amazement people started applauded her, not just for a minute or two but for a good 5 mins.

So if you were there what did you think of the chants and applause?

If you applauded her could you tell us what you were applauded her for?

Everyone''s entitled to do what they feel is right, I''m just interested to know what was going through people''s minds.

[/quote]

Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her.

What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.

So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

[/quote]

Spot on for me. Not a lot of time for this very small minority of anti Delia Norwich supporters.

[/quote]

This for me sums up the spineless, 4-4-2, soccer am fan who see following a club as a badge of honour. Pathetic really.Shame you lot missed some real passion, you''d understand my point.

[/quote]

You make a lot of assumptions there Arthur, Ive never watched Soccer AM but thats not really relevant is it.

''Following a club as a badge of honour''... I don''t get that at all, if that was my motivation why choose Norwich ?

What passion did I miss and what was your point ?
[/quote]

Right, Please,please pleeeeeeeae ask other fans from other clubs who have passion and ask them how they perceive your typical day out at Norwich/ city fan these days. We are seen as happy clappy clowns, fully face painted up,stato''s who for some reason unknown to them follow a a pissed up chef who''s making us look like simple, spineless idiots. When you say things like the ''Y''army'' and such just goes to prove we are now followed by the fashionable skinner and baddiel ''Thirty years of hurt'' brigade, [the very same 30 years of hurt who never even new about football until such idiots created the fashion] supporters who spout passion yet still find it in them to support someone who''s ruined their club! Passion? Hurt? Don''t make me laugh.....[:@]

[/quote]

Sorry Arthur, I don''t give a damn what anyone thinks of me or Norwich supporters. All that matters is I''m happy in their company.

I like the word Y''army.. big deal, you make a lot of negatives out of an expression that has been on the terraces for decades.
[/quote]

Firstly i am a Norwich lad through and through and i don''t give a flying dogs poo what other fans think but give a damn about the company of them because from where i see it they are far to easily pleased and selling me short as a life long fan. Secondly, just how many decades has ''Y''army been a term?

[/quote]

I don''t know any fans I''d descibe as pleased. I''m just not critical of Delia to the point of hysteria. I have my critisisms but I feel there are many factors as to why we are facing relegation.

How long has Y''army been a term ? Are you questioning my English or wondering how long its been used. Im sure your aware how long its been sung so questioning my English is small potater''s really.
[/quote]

13 years to get things right and you think she deserves a round of applause?...

As for Y''army....well I''ve known of it for 10 years max so hardly decades is it? and sums up my thoughts about why you use it and the type of follower these days.I''m not saying you''re less of a fan, just seems that today''s fan lacks passion and balls.

[quote user="Old Boy"]Just applauding an elderly woman who''s put nearly half her net worth into our Club and now will probably lose most of that. There have been serious mistakes made (appointing Gunn is just the latest one), but she hasn''t been personally responsible for them - it''s the Chairman and the Chief Executive who should carry the can because they''re the ones supposedly with the professional skills. They''ve made the really big cock-ups, but Delia will pick up the tab. And she''s had to put up with the poisonous (but anonymous) insults from all manner of pond-life on here. Really, she deserves more than applause.
[/quote]

You can fool some of the fans all the time.....and not just Delia Hey old Boy?....ahem.....

[quote user="Old Boy"]Just applauding an elderly woman who''s put nearly half her net worth into our Club and now will probably lose most of that. There have been serious mistakes made (appointing Gunn is just the latest one), but she hasn''t been personally responsible for them - it''s the Chairman and the Chief Executive who should carry the can because they''re the ones supposedly with the professional skills. They''ve made the really big cock-ups, but Delia will pick up the tab. And she''s had to put up with the poisonous (but anonymous) insults from all manner of pond-life on here. Really, she deserves more than applause.
[/quote]

She''s put 12 million of her 20 or so million into the Club and will get a return. Many fans beg, steal and borrow almost to get a season ticket, do they not deserve better from people who claim to be ''custodians''? You make your own bed in life and this club is bigger than any one person.

[/quote]

You do really believe that don''t you?

She will walk away pennyless and make money out of a new dish encompassing flying bacon.

They are MAJORITY share holders SIT ON THE BOARD that makes the decisions.

Employ Doncaster, who the hell else is responsible?

Just heading off to chat up another newt, bound to get a more intelligent response than from you Od boy!

[quote user="king canary"]Are other clubs like this? Do they have fans calling each other halfwits and idiots a pricks for not seeing the ''truth'' that they see? Its starting to piss me off right royally now.
[/quote]

No, other clubs aren''t like this - we are quite a ''unique'' and rather a ''eunuch'' club.....Acceptance without a whimper, same sh*t - and no change for next season....

[quote user="king canary"]Are other clubs like this? Do they have fans calling each other halfwits and idiots a pricks for not seeing the ''truth'' that they see? Its starting to piss me off right royally now.
[/quote]

It can be one of the more belligerent boards, depending on the contributors of the day, but it''s not in the top three or four - Luton Outlaws in full cry and one of the Millwall boards probably have the edge.  Leeds can get a bit cross from time to time.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

It can be one of the more belligerent boards, depending on the contributors of the day, but it''s not in the top three or four - Luton Outlaws in full cry and one of the Millwall boards probably have the edge.  Leeds can get a bit cross from time to time.

[/quote]

What about Col U''s and Lincoln''s?......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

No, other clubs aren''t like this - we are quite a ''unique'' and rather a ''eunuch'' club.....Acceptance without a whimper, same sh*t - and no change for next season....

[/quote]

''WHACK'' Hammer firmly hitting nail!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How the fuck would he know??

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.[/quote]Nice to see the loyal supporters are out in force [:S] you can come back with whatever you want about years of support, but that fades into nothing if you are quick enough to bin the team when things go tits up.[/quote]

You miss the point mate. I can totally relate to what Ricky is saying. Its not about the team on the pitch or its position, its about how our great club has lost its balls, and most of the fans have lost theirs too. Only our happy clappy family fans would put up with such rubbish. You with your ''loyal supporters'' comments make me laugh. Your little out bursts of one upmanship towards people who have followed City all over for decades only back up my theory of the kind of supporters who attend CR these days.

[/quote]

and so can I, the difference between people who can actually see what''s going on (like Ricky & you Arthur) and the kind of unfortunate village idiot starstruck "cos we''ve got Delia, and she can cook, write books, and she''s bin on the telly and everything". Oooh look she''s waving at us, quick let''s wave back, doesn''t matter that our club''s just gone down the toilet, hey I know a song "Delia''s Barmy Army".......you CAN fool some of the fans, ALL of the time, tragically.

[/quote]I think you need to read all of my posts before you put me into some group that I don''t want to be anywhere near associated with.

having had a few days to think about it.. who thinks it was a Farewell from Delia? a chance to thank the away support for the last few years before she bows out?

or am i just clutching at straws?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

having had a few days to think about it.. who thinks it was a Farewell from Delia? a chance to thank the away support for the last few years before she bows out?

or am i just clutching at straws?

jas :)

[/quote]

Someone else picked up on this in another post and i must admit it has crossed my mind.We can but hope.....[:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Neither club has the same problematic relationship with their Owners at the moment so things are a lot calmer.  The main Col board is club run and so some of the "excesses" that you see from time to time on here would be deleted - although the moderation is very mild and there would be a warning before deletion.  While not perfect, U''s owner will meet with fans to discuss problems - the near permanently under water car park and some over enthusiastic stewarding are the subject of recent debate  He''s already sacked one stewarding firm (the Ipswich lot). He also dropped the season ticket prices at the start of the season after complaints.  I can''t really recall any Lincoln board getting overheated except during the period when the Imps nearly went ouf existence - and some of those were separate message Boards set up to stop that happening (and we did).

But, in fairness, you could say that both clubs just trundle along.  Norwich have been a far more successful club than either and so I suppose the expectation level is a lot higher.  Both Imps and U''s would have been in the playoffs if a) Imps had won half of the games they have drawn at home and b) U''s had appointed Lambert as Manager at the start of the season, not when forced into it by a series of disastrous results which saw us 23rd.  Both clubs have always lived with the reality of very little money although Colchester''s luck has now changed thanks to Mr Cowling buying it.  But there again there is a section of supporters not happy with 100 per cent ownership.

As with all football message boards there is not always sweetness and light but there is a sometimes impressive venom on here although I still think it is one of the best message boards that we know and by and large the vitriol is confined to certain key subjects/people. 

Neither Imps nor U''s currently have any message board Smudgers (although West Bergholt U came close to it - no one seems to know what happened to him) and Southern Imp emerges from time to time to lambast anyone sounding vaguely positive before disappearing into the ether for weeks on end. 

Now Arthur  I regularly speak to fans of other clubs and I can tell you that we are not a laughing stock at all. Our support is the envy of other clubs. Of course they may well try and score points with a bit of banter but if you get talking to them many of them are in fact jealous of our great support. 

Why so many who don’t go to games are on here today slagging off the fans that do is beyond me. So when did we lose your once great club Arthur? At what point did the fans become spineless? How are we going to get rid of them, shall we have a cull? Shall we deny anyone under the age of 30 entry under the assumption that they can’t possibly know what real passion is. How will we ever stop our support dying out if we take that approach. The club needs young fans to survive. Maybe, as you don’t go anymore you could open up Arthur’s classes to correct young football fans. You could teach them how to support their team with passion. Put an end to those pathetic Yarmy chants and "follow the boys in yellow" and replace them with passionate and stirring anthems such as “you’re gonna get your f***in’ ‘ead kicked in” and “you’re goin’ ‘ome in a Norfolk ambulance”.

Our fans are just as passionate as they ever were Arthur. I reckon you’ve managed to smuggle a bottle past Doris today [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now Arthur  I regularly speak to fans of other clubs and I can tell you that we are not a laughing stock at all. Our support is the envy of other clubs. Of course they may well try and score points with a bit of banter but if you get talking to them many of them are in fact jealous of our great support. 

Why so many who don’t go to games are on here today slagging off the fans that do is beyond me. So when did we lose your once great club Arthur? At what point did the fans become spineless? How are we going to get rid of them, shall we have a cull? Shall we deny anyone under the age of 30 entry under the assumption that they can’t possibly know what real passion is. How will we ever stop our support dying out if we take that approach. The club needs young fans to survive. Maybe, as you don’t go anymore you could open up Arthur’s classes to correct young football fans. You could teach them how to support their team with passion. Put an end to those pathetic Yarmy chants and "follow the boys in yellow" and replace them with passionate and stirring anthems such as “you’re gonna get your f***in’ ‘ead kicked in” and “you’re goin’ ‘ome in a Norfolk ambulance”.

Our fans are just as passionate as they ever were Arthur. I reckon you’ve managed to smuggle a bottle past Doris today [;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He wouldn''t, he hasn''t ever posted on the main ColU messageboard  http://forum.cu-fcchat.com/

22 camuldonum  Reg - July 3rd, 2008, 2:16 pm 0 posts

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.[/quote]

Nice to see the loyal supporters are out in force [:S] you can come back with whatever you want about years of support, but that fades into nothing if you are quick enough to bin the team when things go tits up.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you need to read all of my posts before you put me into some group that I don''t want to be anywhere near associated with.
[/quote]

wasn''t actually specifically referring tou you in my post, but as you are among the quotes I can see where you may have thought that, so sorry as it''s a fair cop, but you are missing the point.  It''s not the team that fans are turning on, their only fault is they''re not good enough. It''s the people who should have used, and added to, our money to buy better who are to blame. And if they can''t do that then they should get out and should never have took it on in the first place. Ask yourself why no one apparently wants to invest in us, even before the credit crunch? Why did the Turners leave? Why couldn''t some kind of deal have been struck with Cullum? Could it be down to not being able to get on with current owners?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He wouldn''t, he hasn''t ever posted on the main ColU messageboard  http://forum.cu-fcchat.com/

22 camuldonum  Reg - July 3rd, 2008, 2:16 pm 0 posts

[/quote]

Now, why doesn''t that suprise me? [^o)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="The Butler"]

She will walk away pennyless and make money out of a new dish encompassing flying bacon.

Just heading off to chat up another newt, bound to get a more intelligent response than from you Od boy!

[/quote]Let me get this right - you think she''ll make money from her involvement with NCFC? Have a word with yourself. I said there had been mistakes, and she''s implicated in them but not directly responsible for them. But she will pick up the tab and she''ll lose a lot of money. What will you lose? I''ve no doubt that she feels a least as strongly about the Club as you or anyone else on here, so less of the ranting please. You wanted Worthy out, you got Worthy out: you wanted Grant out, you got Grant out: you wanted Roeder out, you got Roeder out. But if Worthy had been in charge now, the worst it would have been was mid-table. That was where Munby and Doncaster really got it wrong - listening to you. Face it, your judgement looks a little bit ...... shaky. And you''re no doubt just as wrong about Delia, given your record so far.And when I say "you" I don''t necessarily mean you personally Butler, I mean the many self-appointed guardians of Norwich City Football Club whose idea of supporting the Club doesn''t actually involve anything other than posting poisonous crap on this forum.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]
Let me get this right - you think she''ll make money from her involvement with NCFC? Have a word with yourself. I said there had been mistakes, and she''s implicated in them but not directly responsible for them. But she will pick up the tab and she''ll lose a lot of money. What will you lose? I''ve no doubt that she feels a least as strongly about the Club as you or anyone else on here, so less of the ranting please. You wanted Worthy out, you got Worthy out: you wanted Grant out, you got Grant out: you wanted Roeder out, you got Roeder out. But if Worthy had been in charge now, the worst it would have been was mid-table. That was where Munby and Doncaster really got it wrong - listening to you. Face it, your judgement looks a little bit ...... shaky. And you''re no doubt just as wrong about Delia, given your record so far.

And when I say "you" I don''t necessarily mean you personally Butler, I mean the many self-appointed guardians of Norwich City Football Club whose idea of supporting the Club doesn''t actually involve anything other than posting poisonous crap on this forum.
[/quote]

Are you then, a self-appointed defender of the ''Hierarchy of NCFC?''

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.[/quote]Nice to see the loyal supporters are out in force [:S] you can come back with whatever you want about years of support, but that fades into nothing if you are quick enough to bin the team when things go tits up.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think you need to read all of my posts before you put me into some group that I don''t want to be anywhere near associated with.[/quote]

wasn''t actually specifically referring tou you in my post, but as you are among the quotes I can see where you may have thought that, so sorry as it''s a fair cop, but you are missing the point.  It''s not the team that fans are turning on, their only fault is they''re not good enough. It''s the people who should have used, and added to, our money to buy better who are to blame. And if they can''t do that then they should get out and should never have took it on in the first place. Ask yourself why no one apparently wants to invest in us, even before the credit crunch? Why did the Turners leave? Why couldn''t some kind of deal have been struck with Cullum? Could it be down to not being able to get on with current owners?

[/quote]Like I said, I''m not a fan of Delia either....