Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who applauded and chanted Delia's name after the game??

[quote user="jbghost"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Are you saying that these "away fans" have only been going since the mid-nineties then Arthur?

[/quote]

No, far from it NN. What i''m saying along with many others, and even the press has picked up on this in the past, is the away fans tend to be with Delia alot and see it as a close little community when in other towns. Almost like a ''stick together'' mentality and they''ve lost the point of why they are there. To support a club that is slowly slipping into oblivion because of the very People they are sticking with.

[/quote]

I''ve never noticed it Arthur. I''ve seen her at grounds all over the country. Even ended up sat next to her at Maine Road a few years ago. But she arrived shortly before kick off with the same few people she is always seen with and left with the same people after the game. I have never seen her "with" any of the regular away fans that I recognise.

[/quote]

Maybe so, but those regular Fans know of her being there and feel like they are a community. I''ve spoken to many Away day regulars and they have the very mentality i''m speaking of. One i spoke to today even had the gall to say to me that my manner of thinking behind the ''clapping Delia'' thing at Portaloo road and how it peed me off was pathetic and i shouldn''t talk about his Darling Delia in such way.....And he was serious!! I''m glad to say he''s very much in the minority with my circles.

[/quote]

Guess your circle of friends is only a semi circle now with mosy of them locked up in Leicester.

[/quote]

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz get over it. Was there really any need to bring such rubbish up again?

The supporters of Delia and the NCFC board, have come up with a new classic football boot design - that they hope will be worn by whatever squad we possess - for our impending campaign in the first division. This prudent design will hopefully accelerate a hasty return to our rightful place! We can also save a few bob by relieving the groundsman and his assistant divot domestics of their duties. 

As I have said before.  Like it or not the majority still back Delia. 

I have tried a couple of times to shout out against the board and have been shouted down by the masses.

There is one very inescapable fact though...until either the club is run in a completely different way by the current board...or we get a new owner and board, we are heading in a downward spiral.

I can see the logic in a ''we stick together as a group'' at an away derby game...but anyone who thinks the current board will turn it around is very sadly deluded!

muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.

[quote user="ricky knight"]muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.[/quote]Nice to see the loyal supporters are out in force [:S] you can come back with whatever you want about years of support, but that fades into nothing if you are quick enough to bin the team when things go tits up.

Its not so much things going tits up as the fact that everybody has seen it was going tits up for the last 4 years and still nothing has been done to stop the rot , if one team deserves relegation it is us with our prudence and squad full of loan players. Chase was run out of this club and compared to this lot in charge now he was a saint , Smith is getting an easy ride because of who she is .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Its not so much things going tits up as the fact that everybody has seen it was going tits up for the last 4 years and still nothing has been done to stop the rot , if one team deserves relegation it is us with our prudence and squad full of loan players. Chase was run out of this club and compared to this lot in charge now he was a saint , Smith is getting an easy ride because of who she is .
[/quote]

I think it''s more likely people realise she is all we have and there is little chance of anything better.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.[/quote]

Nice to see the loyal supporters are out in force [:S] you can come back with whatever you want about years of support, but that fades into nothing if you are quick enough to bin the team when things go tits up.
[/quote]

You miss the point mate. I can totally relate to what Ricky is saying. Its not about the team on the pitch or its position, its about how our great club has lost its balls, and most of the fans have lost theirs too. Only our happy clappy family fans would put up with such rubbish. You with your ''loyal supporters'' comments make me laugh. Your little out bursts of one upmanship towards people who have followed City all over for decades only back up my theory of the kind of supporters who attend CR these days.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

I know its been touched on in about 3 threads on here but I thought it worth giving its own thread with her name in the title so people don''t miss it.

I was gobsmacked after the game when she walked round the perimeter towards us and a ''Delia''s green and yellow army '' chant was started and then to my amazement people started applauded her, not just for a minute or two but for a good 5 mins.

So if you were there what did you think of the chants and applause?

If you applauded her could you tell us what you were applauded her for?

Everyone''s entitled to do what they feel is right, I''m just interested to know what was going through people''s minds.

[/quote]

Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her.

What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.

So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

[/quote]

It may be a ''small minority'' as you put it but you cannot draw the inference you seem to be doing that this minority view is WRONG! There are countless example in all walks of life where a person or persons begin to take a view that is contrary to the ''majority'' but with time, that small group grows and is proved right. Go right back to about 1936, how many people believed Winston Churchill? Very few. Fast forward three years and we all know how the mood had changed!

Take Vince Cable''s warning about the unsustainable credit boom two or three years ago, again we know what happened.

Take The Worthy Out campaign. In the early days it was dismissed as a ''small group of extremists'' with a ''knee jerk reaction'' and ''totally unrepresentative''. Face facts mate - The Cook had to be dragged kicking and screaming to sign Worthy''s notice of dismissal!  That absurd delay from end of 2005-2006 season to his sacking in October 2006 was fatal for our club and we have never recovered.

I get sick of you pompous two bob city fans telling me i aint loyal, no i dont go to games, never will again while madam is there, but kits and other merchandise i buy for my grand kids to persuade them out of supporting the top four or to keep the forth generation of city fans from my family going do not come cheap. I have had enough, its not because of bad times, we have had many over my 40 odd years, its the way this board treats the fans and the way the new wave of fans think they know it all and tell us we must love our board or we are scummers. prxts.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.[/quote]Nice to see the loyal supporters are out in force [:S] you can come back with whatever you want about years of support, but that fades into nothing if you are quick enough to bin the team when things go tits up.[/quote]

You miss the point mate. I can totally relate to what Ricky is saying. Its not about the team on the pitch or its position, its about how our great club has lost its balls, and most of the fans have lost theirs too. Only our happy clappy family fans would put up with such rubbish. You with your ''loyal supporters'' comments make me laugh. Your little out bursts of one upmanship towards people who have followed City all over for decades only back up my theory of the kind of supporters who attend CR these days.

[/quote]One upmanship?  Outbursts?  I think it''s fair enough, and to fall back on the old excuse that people have followed Norwich all over for decades is typical.  I doesn''t matter how long you''ve supported the team for to understand what being a loyal fan is, and that is one that would never desert their team whatever happens.  I''ve supported Norwich for as long as I can remember, does being only 21 mean I don''t understand what is means to follow City?  I remember those mediocre days in Division One, and the tail end of our first Premiership experience, but obviously can''t go back any further....you''ve probably had far better days than I have.I''m quite happy to carry out protests and the like, but I don''t believe that I have the support at CR, if I started to chant Delia out then I think I would get shouted down.  Trust me, I''m not the problem Mr. Whittle, I just found it laughable that people are quick enough to throw the towel in and give up.  What''s happened has happened, and we can''t change that, but perhaps we can change the future.In response to the other post on mediocrity and mistakes, I wholeheartedly agree, I was one of the first campaigning to get Worthy out in fact my first post on here was to do with that, I used to post frequently on the official site.  I stand by the fact that he should have gone earlier, and I think the right decision was made in the end, but far too late.  In my opinion everything went wrong when we got promoted and didn''t take the "risk" on Ashton earlier, we would still be in the Premiership now I think, and Worthy might even still be the manager.  Since then the board have made mistake after mistake, and I think the majority realise that, but it''s still no reason to desert the club.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I get sick of you pompous two bob city fans telling me i aint loyal, no i dont go to games, never will again while madam is there, but kits and other merchandise i buy for my grand kids to persuade them out of supporting the top four or to keep the forth generation of city fans from my family going do not come cheap. I have had enough, its not because of bad times, we have had many over my 40 odd years, its the way this board treats the fans and the way the new wave of fans think they know it all and tell us we must love our board or we are scummers. prxts.[/quote]Bitter much?Get over yourself Ricky, nice to see you join the "no I didn''t go to the game Nayyyal" brigade.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I get sick of you pompous two bob city fans telling me i aint loyal, no i dont go to games, never will again while madam is there, but kits and other merchandise i buy for my grand kids to persuade them out of supporting the top four or to keep the forth generation of city fans from my family going do not come cheap. I have had enough, its not because of bad times, we have had many over my 40 odd years, its the way this board treats the fans and the way the new wave of fans think they know it all and tell us we must love our board or we are scummers. prxts.[/quote]You know, instead of insulting your own fans, go to a game or two mate! I''m not being cynical or anything, but if you cant get that wound up about a club you now don''t want to associate yourself with, whats the point in football? Sorry, but at the end of it all it''s a sport, a game. Grab up a ticket for Reading - it''ll be a sell out crowd (cause we''re all pompous two bob city fans who love the board) grab a few beers before the match and walk down riverside...and just...enjoy yourself! [:D]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]I get sick of you pompous two bob city fans telling me i aint loyal, no i dont go to games, never will again while madam is there, but kits and other merchandise i buy for my grand kids to persuade them out of supporting the top four or to keep the forth generation of city fans from my family going do not come cheap. I have had enough, its not because of bad times, we have had many over my 40 odd years, its the way this board treats the fans and the way the new wave of fans think they know it all and tell us we must love our board or we are scummers. prxts.[/quote]You know, instead of insulting your own fans, go to a game or two mate! I''m not being cynical or anything, but if you cant get that wound up about a club you now don''t want to associate yourself with, whats the point in football? Sorry, but at the end of it all it''s a sport, a game. Grab up a ticket for Reading - it''ll be a sell out crowd (cause we''re all pompous two bob city fans who love the board) grab a few beers before the match and walk down riverside...and just...enjoy yourself! [:D][/quote]can*

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]I get sick of you pompous two bob city fans telling me i aint loyal, no i dont go to games, never will again while madam is there, but kits and other merchandise i buy for my grand kids to persuade them out of supporting the top four or to keep the forth generation of city fans from my family going do not come cheap. I have had enough, its not because of bad times, we have had many over my 40 odd years, its the way this board treats the fans and the way the new wave of fans think they know it all and tell us we must love our board or we are scummers. prxts.[/quote]You know, instead of insulting your own fans, go to a game or two mate! I''m not being cynical or anything, but if you cant get that wound up about a club you now don''t want to associate yourself with, whats the point in football? Sorry, but at the end of it all it''s a sport, a game. Grab up a ticket for Reading - it''ll be a sell out crowd (cause we''re all pompous two bob city fans who love the board) grab a few beers before the match and walk down riverside...and just...enjoy yourself! [:D][/quote]Well said. I enjoy the experience of going and will be as sad as anyone if we go down but I also cant wait to get back into Carrow Road and watchiing the game I love adn the team I support once again.

I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.

Well enjoy that Ricky and if its ok with you we''ll keep wathcing Norwich. You and Smudgers Martyrdom doesnt impress me at all.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]Well if thats what you''d rather do, then that''s fair enough! Again, in my post i didn''t insult you once, yet you resort to naming people who support our club ''halfwits''. And also indicate that we''re not real football fans!Either way, i enjoy going to matches. We haven''t won many this season, but boy is it good when we do win them! You watch Acle v Sheringham, and i was fortunate to watch us beat Wolves 5-2. Who''s loss? Well, you can decide.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]I don''t think much of Acle''s board of directors, and Sheringham have too many loan players for my liking, but each to their own.

Actually, the question "what is a football club" is a profound philosophical question which would have exercised Wittgenstein. It is neatly summed up, however, by the conundrum of Trigger''s 30 year old broom.Ricky''s thrown his broom away.

Sheringham are top of the league and are having a good season but if a 5-2 win over Wolves is your season delight, good luck mate, i will be back when HRH has gone because she will go believe.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Sheringham are top of the league and are having a good season but if a 5-2 win over Wolves is your season delight, good luck mate, i will be back when HRH has gone because she will go believe.[/quote]Or maybe the 2-0 home win over Ipswich, that was enjoyable too. Well, look forward to seeing you back at Carrow Road some time. I haven''t enjoyed too many games this season, but Wolves was one of them - and i think you missed out by not going [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]

I don''t think much of Acle''s board of directors, and Sheringham have too many loan players for my liking, but each to their own.
[/quote]

dont give up the day job bud, comedy is obviously not your strong point.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]I don''t think much of Acle''s board of directors, and Sheringham have too many loan players for my liking, but each to their own.[/quote]

[/quote]Yours must be, being a wrestler and all.Sorry, couldn''t help it.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]

I don''t think much of Acle''s board of directors, and Sheringham have too many loan players for my liking, but each to their own.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yours must be, being a wrestler and all.
Sorry, couldn''t help it.
[/quote]

so who is the idiot, i get paid for being a twat, you do it for nout, sorry could not resist it,

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]I don''t think much of Acle''s board of directors, and Sheringham have too many loan players for my liking, but each to their own.[/quote]

[/quote]Yours must be, being a wrestler and all.Sorry, couldn''t help it.[/quote]

so who is the idiot, i get paid for being a twat, you do it for nout, sorry could not resist it,

[/quote]Perhaps, but i don''t have to wear this whilst being one. [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BNT9S2R8L._AA280_.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

I know its been touched on in about 3 threads on here but I thought it worth giving its own thread with her name in the title so people don''t miss it.

I was gobsmacked after the game when she walked round the perimeter towards us and a ''Delia''s green and yellow army '' chant was started and then to my amazement people started applauded her, not just for a minute or two but for a good 5 mins.

So if you were there what did you think of the chants and applause?

If you applauded her could you tell us what you were applauded her for?

Everyone''s entitled to do what they feel is right, I''m just interested to know what was going through people''s minds.

[/quote]Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her. What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

[/quote]

It may be a ''small minority'' as you put it but you cannot draw the inference you seem to be doing that this minority view is WRONG! There are countless example in all walks of life where a person or persons begin to take a view that is contrary to the ''majority'' but with time, that small group grows and is proved right. Go right back to about 1936, how many people believed Winston Churchill? Very few. Fast forward three years and we all know how the mood had changed!

Take Vince Cable''s warning about the unsustainable credit boom two or three years ago, again we know what happened.

Take The Worthy Out campaign. In the early days it was dismissed as a ''small group of extremists'' with a ''knee jerk reaction'' and ''totally unrepresentative''. Face facts mate - The Cook had to be dragged kicking and screaming to sign Worthy''s notice of dismissal!  That absurd delay from end of 2005-2006 season to his sacking in October 2006 was fatal for our club and we have never recovered.

[/quote]I have to agree that there are times when the minoroty point of view have been proved right someway down the line. But there are also examples where they haven''t. Merely stating that fact neither proves or dis-proves our points of view on this matter.The ''Worthy Out'' campaign may well be the catalyst to our current dilemma but there are many factors which have to be considered especially the financial constraints all clubs have to bear. Since the withdrawel of ITV money and a complete lack of financial support from Premiership clubs that ''look after their own'' and continue to neglect any debate as to how the game is suffering below them.I could argue that it was because of Robert Chase''s lack of foresight to invest in the squad , keep Sutton and Walker from leaving Carrow Road etc, followed by our relegation and exile from the top flight which meant losing out on £12+ million per season !That plus Worthingtons era plus Grants appointment followed by Roeders  and the ridiculous amounts of players coming and going. But these troubles are not exclusive to Norwich, most clubs are struggling financially and any clubs new manager has a shelf life of 3 seasons to get promotion or at least to see some progress in the team. There a problem within football and the unrealistic attitude/expectations of supporters that often brings instability to clubs with all staff subject to great changes within a small amount of time.My personal belief is football needs to get its house in order and more money from the Premiership to drip down to all divisions. I don''t understand that with the millions involved within the game, players wages etc, that clubs can''t make a profit. In any other previous decade I believe our current support, and the finances that can be drawn from it, would result in the club making a profit each season. However, in the current financial climate you also need a millionaire to put money into the club, while being prepared not to get any of it back, just to compete with other clubs millionaires !!