Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who applauded and chanted Delia's name after the game??

[quote user="Largey"]I doubt the people applauding Delia are the type that come on a public forum.[/quote]

I''ve never come on a public forum!....I''ve had a pee in the street once or twice though....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Largey"]I doubt the people applauding Delia are the type that come on a public forum.[/quote]

I''ve never come on a public forum!....I''ve had a pee in the street once or twice though....

[/quote][:$]

I have a hunch they would struggle with these new-fangled compooter things and may be a bit self-concious about their spelling......

I think that a lot of those fans who were chanting her name yesterday do perhaps read this forum but are too embarressed to post their reasons.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]

I don''t think much of Acle''s board of directors, and Sheringham have too many loan players for my liking, but each to their own.
[/quote]

dont give up the day job bud, comedy is obviously not your strong point.

[/quote]
Yours must be, being a wrestler and all.
Sorry, couldn''t help it.
[/quote]

so who is the idiot, i get paid for being a twat, you do it for nout, sorry could not resist it,

[/quote]

Perhaps, but i don''t have to wear this whilst being one. [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BNT9S2R8L._AA280_.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

no, because you and most happy clappy city fans, have not got the balls to fill them. anyway.

I stood silent with my arms folded during the clapping and the ''Delia''s Barmy Army'' thing. Embarrassing.

Disagree with :o) ''s point about undermining your club in Scumland or in front of their fans - the ground was empty, there were no gloating Ipswich fans left to witness any in-fighting or negative reaction to our majority shareholder.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="ricky knight"]I do go to games mate, i will be at Acle v Sheringham tomorrow, watching two teams playing for the love of the game, run by people who are passionate, sharing a pint with real football fans not happy, clappy we love a celebrity, its ok if our club go down the tubes, halfwits.[/quote]

I don''t think much of Acle''s board of directors, and Sheringham have too many loan players for my liking, but each to their own.
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

so who is the idiot, i get paid for being a twat, you do it for nout, sorry could not resist it,

[/quote]

Perhaps, but i don''t have to wear this whilst being one. [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BNT9S2R8L._AA280_.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

no, because you and most happy clappy city fans, have not got the balls to fill them. anyway.

[/quote]

Doesn''t seem to be all that much space for balls though.

They look more like old-fashioned knickers.

So, has a mistake been made or .............................

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Doesn''t seem to be all that much space for balls though.

They look more like old-fashioned knickers.

So, has a mistake been made or .............................

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

I know its been touched on in about 3 threads on here but I thought it worth giving its own thread with her name in the title so people don''t miss it.

I was gobsmacked after the game when she walked round the perimeter towards us and a ''Delia''s green and yellow army '' chant was started and then to my amazement people started applauded her, not just for a minute or two but for a good 5 mins.

So if you were there what did you think of the chants and applause?

If you applauded her could you tell us what you were applauded her for?

Everyone''s entitled to do what they feel is right, I''m just interested to know what was going through people''s minds.

[/quote]

Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her.

What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.

So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

[/quote]

Spot on for me. Not a lot of time for this very small minority of anti Delia Norwich supporters.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ricky knight"]muppets, her and our idiot fans deserve each other and div 1, the old div 3, i am done i dont care no more, after 41 years they can shove it, i dont recognise NCFC no more or their spineless, luvvy fanbase, yea you can say good riddance but many feel the same way and i say back to you numpties.[/quote]

Nice to see the loyal supporters are out in force [:S] you can come back with whatever you want about years of support, but that fades into nothing if you are quick enough to bin the team when things go tits up.
[/quote]

You miss the point mate. I can totally relate to what Ricky is saying. Its not about the team on the pitch or its position, its about how our great club has lost its balls, and most of the fans have lost theirs too. Only our happy clappy family fans would put up with such rubbish. You with your ''loyal supporters'' comments make me laugh. Your little out bursts of one upmanship towards people who have followed City all over for decades only back up my theory of the kind of supporters who attend CR these days.

[/quote]

I''m with Ricky and Arthur too. And i get sick of people saying she''s (delia) is all we have so we have to live with it. Absolute tosh!

How about Delia and the board grow some balls and stop talking crap, learn how to run a FOOTBALL club and start giving us a team and club we can be proud of. Cos as a supporter i am certainly not proud or loyal to the sort of rubbish we have been served up for the last 4 years (and the 4 years prior to the promotion come to that).

If supporters are happy with their lot, then i hope they will be happy with supporting a lower League one club at best, cos that is what the board and Doomcaster will give you!

It seems like the passengers of the Titanic giving a hearty round of applause to the Captain for getting the life rafts out!

If you consider what has happened during her tenure in charge of the club to be success then by all means applaud and cheer her.

But perhaps you can explain your definition of success so that we can all shear it.

Just to remind those with that view, we have had the worst football seen for a long time, are on the brink of relegation to the old 3rd division, our debts have increased, we don''t own our own team any more. So please enlighten me what has she done?

Don''t say saved the club or I will also wan''t your definition of saved!!

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

I know its been touched on in about 3 threads on here but I thought it worth giving its own thread with her name in the title so people don''t miss it.

I was gobsmacked after the game when she walked round the perimeter towards us and a ''Delia''s green and yellow army '' chant was started and then to my amazement people started applauded her, not just for a minute or two but for a good 5 mins.

Everyone''s entitled to do what they feel is right, I''m just interested to know what was going through people''s minds.

[/quote]

Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her.

What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.

So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

[/quote]

It may be a ''small minority'' as you put it but you cannot draw the inference you seem to be doing that this minority view is WRONG! There are countless example in all walks of life where a person or persons begin to take a view that is contrary to the ''majority'' but with time, that small group grows and is proved right. Go right back to about 1936, how many people believed Winston Churchill? Very few. Fast forward three years and we all know how the mood had changed!

Take Vince Cable''s warning about the unsustainable credit boom two or three years ago, again we know what happened.

Take The Worthy Out campaign. In the early days it was dismissed as a ''small group of extremists'' with a ''knee jerk reaction'' and ''totally unrepresentative''. Face facts mate - The Cook had to be dragged kicking and screaming to sign Worthy''s notice of dismissal!  That absurd delay from end of 2005-2006 season to his sacking in October 2006 was fatal for our club and we have never recovered.

[/quote]

I have to agree that there are times when the minoroty point of view have been proved right someway down the line. But there are also examples where they haven''t. Merely stating that fact neither proves or dis-proves our points of view on this matter.

The ''Worthy Out'' campaign may well be the catalyst to our current dilemma but there are many factors which have to be considered especially the financial constraints all clubs have to bear. Since the withdrawel of ITV money and a complete lack of financial support from Premiership clubs that ''look after their own'' and continue to neglect any debate as to how the game is suffering below them.

I could argue that it was because of Robert Chase''s lack of foresight to invest in the squad , keep Sutton and Walker from leaving Carrow Road etc, followed by our relegation and exile from the top flight which meant losing out on £12+ million per season !

That plus Worthingtons era plus Grants appointment followed by Roeders  and the ridiculous amounts of players coming and going. But these troubles are not exclusive to Norwich, most clubs are struggling financially and any clubs new manager has a shelf life of 3 seasons to get promotion or at least to see some progress in the team. There a problem within football and the unrealistic attitude/expectations of supporters that often brings instability to clubs with all staff subject to great changes within a small amount of time.

My personal belief is football needs to get its house in order and more money from the Premiership to drip down to all divisions. I don''t understand that with the millions involved within the game, players wages etc, that clubs can''t make a profit. In any other previous decade I believe our current support, and the finances that can be drawn from it, would result in the club making a profit each season. However, in the current financial climate you also need a millionaire to put money into the club, while being prepared not to get any of it back, just to compete with other clubs millionaires !!

[/quote]

I agree with much of what you say but it has to be remembered that the same rules apply to all clubs in the championship and there are plenty of clubs in our division that have a far lower income than us and yet finish above us without being bankrolled by a wealthy individual.

It also has to be said that in the period between 2005 and 2008 our club recieved in excess of 40 million pounds additional income from tv money, parachute payments and profit on transfer fees. During this period we sold any decent players we had and replaced them with loan signings and as a result we our very likely to get relegated to our lowest level for 50 years. Even if a quarter of that additional income had been invested in the team instead of bricks and mortar etc we would have not been in the position we are in now and would have owned a higher proportion of our players, we may even have had a decent cup run and picked up extra revenue from a big tv game.

Howevere you dress it up any decision to do with the running of the club lies with the board and they have got far to much wrong for far to long now, how anyone who has been a part of it can be applauded for such incompetency is beyond me. A few chants of "where''s the money gone" would have been more appropriate under the circumstances.

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on for me. Not a lot of time for this very small minority of anti Delia Norwich supporters.

[/quote]

If its a small minority then virtually EVERY fan i know who attends games week in week out is in that minority. Ok maybe the group of fans I attend games with are a bit more militant than most but even so I do not know of a single fan within my associates who does not want a change of regime. I write as an away season ticket holder who has only missed a handful of away games since the inception of the scheme.

Proof positive that supporting Delia is more important than supporting the club to a large number of our fans.  Delia''s Barmy Army you most certainly are.

Can''t you see where the board is taking this club?  Or don''t you care as long as you get a nice warm fuzzy feeling from being Delia''s brave little soldiers?  Or as long as you belong to the "majority" however wrong headed it may be?   

[quote user="mystic megson is back "]

Proof positive that supporting Delia is more important than supporting the club to a large number of our fans.  Delia''s Barmy Army you most certainly are.

Can''t you see where the board is taking this club?  Or don''t you care as long as you get a nice warm fuzzy feeling from being Delia''s brave little soldiers?  Or as long as you belong to the "majority" however wrong headed it may be?   

[/quote]

It''s a position Smith has cynically engineered and it''s worked a treat. Go anywhere outside of Norfolk and we are a laughing stock. Delia Smith has "become" Norwich City and that is why we have lost our way so badly.

Not bad for a woman who doesn''t originate from East Anglia and who was once a fervent Ipswich Town fan. It''s pathetic and embarrassing in the extreme.

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This for me sums up the spineless, 4-4-2, soccer am fan who see following a club as a badge of honour. Pathetic really.Shame you lot missed some real passion, you''d understand my point.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This for me sums up the spineless, 4-4-2, soccer am fan who see following a club as a badge of honour. Pathetic really.Shame you lot missed some real passion, you''d understand my point.

[/quote]

May i just add it was perfectly summed up by the ''Y''army'' comment..........LOL how sad, seems my once great club is lost.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her. What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You make a lot of assumptions there Arthur, Ive never watched Soccer AM but thats not really relevant is it.''Following a club as a badge of honour''... I don''t get that at all, if that was my motivation why choose Norwich ?What passion did I miss and what was your point ?

Like her or loathe her it took a lot of balls to come over to the fans escorted by stewards. You could see that Delia was visibly moved but wanted to thank the long suffering supporters blowing kisses and clapping them and we spontaneously responded in kind rembering that she made the same gesture when we won 2-0 at Portman Rd. So no one can say Delia is either an anonymous or fair weather fan, she bleeds yellow and green with the rest of us.

I think it must hurt her greatly to see the club she took over in such a state and the dismay of the loyal fans, and yes mistakes have been made by the board but football has moved on and the level of investment needed to meet wage demands has soared. Delia has acknowledged this and wants to find an investor which in the present climate is not easy. I know it is hard to accept at the moment,but unlike some other clubs we are still solvent and with or without Delia we will rise again.

We are probably at a point in the club''s history when we are ready for change and I know that many of us (despite the vociferous minority on this message board ) hope that Delia can still be part of this club when tht change occurs. I am ready for the flack that will come from certain quarters but you cannot deny that the lady has bottle unlike some of the squad.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You make a lot of assumptions there Arthur, Ive never watched Soccer AM but thats not really relevant is it.

''Following a club as a badge of honour''... I don''t get that at all, if that was my motivation why choose Norwich ?

What passion did I miss and what was your point ?
[/quote]

Right, Please,please pleeeeeeeae ask other fans from other clubs who have passion and ask them how they perceive your typical day out at Norwich/ city fan these days. We are seen as happy clappy clowns, fully face painted up,stato''s who for some reason unknown to them follow a a pissed up chef who''s making us look like simple, spineless idiots. When you say things like the ''Y''army'' and such just goes to prove we are now followed by the fashionable skinner and baddiel ''Thirty years of hurt'' brigade, [the very same 30 years of hurt who never even new about football until such idiots created the fashion] supporters who spout passion yet still find it in them to support someone who''s ruined their club! Passion? Hurt? Don''t make me laugh.....[:@]

Couldn''t be assed to read every comment on this thread as i have to bath my son before tea,just wondering if anybody eles may have seen it as possibly a good buy wave as it took some serious sized balls that she dosen''t have as she usually goes into hiding to front us lot in the sittuation we''re in. 

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Couldn''t be assed to read every comment on this thread as i have to bath my son before tea,just wondering if anybody eles may have seen it as possibly a good buy wave as it took some serious sized balls that she dosen''t have as she usually goes into hiding to front us lot in the sittuation we''re in. [/quote]

I put it more down to Dutch courage. Shall we say a Sherry moment? Rather like the ''Lets be avin you'' Moment?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her. What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You make a lot of assumptions there Arthur, Ive never watched Soccer AM but thats not really relevant is it.''Following a club as a badge of honour''... I don''t get that at all, if that was my motivation why choose Norwich ?What passion did I miss and what was your point ?[/quote]

Right, Please,please pleeeeeeeae ask other fans from other clubs who have passion and ask them how they perceive your typical day out at Norwich/ city fan these days. We are seen as happy clappy clowns, fully face painted up,stato''s who for some reason unknown to them follow a a pissed up chef who''s making us look like simple, spineless idiots. When you say things like the ''Y''army'' and such just goes to prove we are now followed by the fashionable skinner and baddiel ''Thirty years of hurt'' brigade, [the very same 30 years of hurt who never even new about football until such idiots created the fashion] supporters who spout passion yet still find it in them to support someone who''s ruined their club! Passion? Hurt? Don''t make me laugh.....[:@]

[/quote]Sorry Arthur, I don''t give a damn what anyone thinks of me or Norwich supporters. All that matters is I''m happy in their company.I like the word Y''army.. big deal, you make a lot of negatives out of an expression that has been on the terraces for decades.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="one 4 the future"]Couldn''t be assed to read every comment on this thread as i have to bath my son before tea,just wondering if anybody eles may have seen it as possibly a good buy wave as it took some serious sized balls that she dosen''t have as she usually goes into hiding to front us lot in the sittuation we''re in. [/quote]

I put it more down to Dutch courage. Shall we say a Sherry moment? Rather like the ''Lets be avin you'' Moment?

[/quote]

And the ''we''ll sell up for a tenner'' moment and the ''Ohhh theres plenty of Money'' moment, and the little tumble at Plymouth and the ''if you''ve got any ideas let us know'' moment and the........[|-)]

It was neither. She was just walking from the away end to the Brittania Stand when she was spotted by our fans and then responded to their applause. She did not come over to acknowledge us or anything like that. She had been sitting in the away end.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It was neither. She was just walking from the away end to the Brittania Stand when she was spotted by our fans and then responded to their applause. She did not come over to acknowledge us or anything like that. She had been sitting in the away end.[/quote]

Rubbish. She came to acknowledge the supporters.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It was neither. She was just walking from the away end to the Brittania Stand when she was spotted by our fans and then responded to their applause. She did not come over to acknowledge us or anything like that. She had been sitting in the away end.[/quote]

Rubbish. She came to acknowledge the supporters.

[/quote]

No she didn''t. She was sat in the away end and was walking back to the other stand. I know this because she was escorted past me on her way out of the upper tier about 10 seconds before she appeared on the pitch below and we had words as she went past.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You make a lot of assumptions there Arthur, Ive never watched Soccer AM but thats not really relevant is it.

''Following a club as a badge of honour''... I don''t get that at all, if that was my motivation why choose Norwich ?

What passion did I miss and what was your point ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Arthur, I don''t give a damn what anyone thinks of me or Norwich supporters. All that matters is I''m happy in their company.

I like the word Y''army.. big deal, you make a lot of negatives out of an expression that has been on the terraces for decades.
[/quote]

Firstly i am a Norwich lad through and through and i don''t give a flying dogs poo what other fans think but give a damn about the company of them because from where i see it they are far to easily pleased and selling me short as a life long fan. Secondly, just how many decades has ''Y''army been a term?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]You make a lot of assumptions there Arthur, Ive never watched Soccer AM but thats not really relevant is it.''Following a club as a badge of honour''... I don''t get that at all, if that was my motivation why choose Norwich ?What passion did I miss and what was your point ?[/quote]

[/quote]Sorry Arthur, I don''t give a damn what anyone thinks of me or Norwich supporters. All that matters is I''m happy in their company.I like the word Y''army.. big deal, you make a lot of negatives out of an expression that has been on the terraces for decades.[/quote]

Firstly i am a Norwich lad through and through and i don''t give a flying dogs poo what other fans think but give a damn about the company of them because from where i see it they are far to easily pleased and selling me short as a life long fan. Secondly, just how many decades has ''Y''army been a term?

[/quote]I don''t know any fans I''d descibe as pleased. I''m just not critical of Delia to the point of hysteria. I have my critisisms but I feel there are many factors as to why we are facing relegation.How long has Y''army been a term ? Are you questioning my English or wondering how long its been used. Im sure your aware how long its been sung so questioning my English is small potater''s really.