Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who applauded and chanted Delia's name after the game??

I know its been touched on in about 3 threads on here but I thought it worth giving its own thread with her name in the title so people don''t miss it.

I was gobsmacked after the game when she walked round the perimeter towards us and a ''Delia''s green and yellow army '' chant was started and then to my amazement people started applauded her, not just for a minute or two but for a good 5 mins.

So if you were there what did you think of the chants and applause?

If you applauded her could you tell us what you were applauded her for?

Everyone''s entitled to do what they feel is right, I''m just interested to know what was going through people''s minds.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I know its been touched on in about 3 threads on here but I thought it worth giving its own thread with her name in the title so people don''t miss it.

I was gobsmacked after the game when she walked round the perimeter towards us and a ''Delia''s green and yellow army '' chant was started and then to my amazement people started applauded her, not just for a minute or two but for a good 5 mins.

Everyone''s entitled to do what they feel is right, I''m just interested to know what was going through people''s minds.

[/quote]

Collective madness?

ok.....wild guess here

when norwich came down in the 90s to this league..... you never really got close to playoffs and were just really ending up in safe midtable year after year, delia comes in and finances some moves which get you promoted?? which obviously won certain fans over for life

im not sure if the above is right, and im not saying that she is doing a good job now

but this is what id hazard a guess at

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Collective madness?

[/quote]Oh, did you go on Sunday then Wiz? [;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Didnt go CA, but amazed at reading this....nobody has yet to explain why they did so...I think that speaks volumes.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Collective madness?

[/quote]
Oh, did you go on Sunday then Wiz? [;)]
[/quote]

Its irrelevent Hogesar, I would never, ever, give money to Marcus Evans...........or worse, cheer for the cook!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Collective madness?

[/quote]Oh, did you go on Sunday then Wiz? [;)][/quote]

Its irrelevent Hogesar, I would never, ever, give money to Marcus Evans...........or worse, cheer for the cook!

[/quote]I wouldn''t mind giving money to Marcus Evans...his oddly secret approach where he wants no one to know what he looks like suggests he might be up to something...at least, i hope he is [:D].

CA- well where do i begin [:@]

Not only did we have to endure a second half no show from the boys in yellow but we then had to watch Queen Delia come out and lap up the applause of her adoring crowd.

Well let me tell you- I booed her, i shouted out on 2/3 occasions ''thanks for league 1 delia'' and guess what?

There were people around me giving me really bad looks as if to say ''how dare you, after all she''s done for us''!

Whilst there are people like that around we will NEVER recover.

Where did you sit on Sunday btw? Upper tier?

It saddens me that there are still so many fans who think she can do no wrong. For me the difference between her and Robert Chase is neglible, if only we could awaken the sleepy souls of Norfolk and make them rise up in anger! Where are the Iceni when you need them!

[quote user="Adolf Whittler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Didnt go CA, but amazed at reading this....nobody has yet to explain why they did so...I think that speaks volumes.

[/quote]I said why,  it''s the follow the leader mentality. 

Not I, not now, not ever.

Somehow given the events of the day and in very truest sense of  â€˜Dunkerque Spirit’ I suspect that for some at least signing the old birds name was little more than an act of defiance and solidarity after taking defeat fair and square on the chin.

Accountability is now the order of the day or at worst very shortly will be and the old bird and her cronies is where the buck stops, where else could it possibly stop?  They appointed The Rodent who singlehandedly brought about our current plight, a man who in all seriousness was the most damaging thing to happen to Norwich since the Luftwaffe.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her. What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

OK I will shock those of you that know me (and Nutty Nigel as well) as yes I joined in although I did think twice before I did it.

It was because of where we were and what had happened.  You do not go to Scumland and turn on your team, manager, board or each other.  You go there and you walk the walk, shout your hearts out, give everything and even cheer someone after the game, even if they have scored an own goal or whatever  else they have done wrong.

You are in the middle of the lifelong struggle between US and THEM and you play your part.

I wont criticise anyone who felt unable to join in on Sunday but that was about defiance pure and simple.

After Reading will be different, and even at Charlton it is different but THERE at Portman Road I would never give any of them the satisfaction of saying we are fickle by turning on each other.

OK so fair enough have a go but understand why some of us sang and clapped when we still don''t actually like her.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Whatever was going through the minds of the fans is a relection of their opinion. Specifically, the clubs precarious position is not solely due to Delia. The applause was recognition of her continuing commitment to the club, obviously. Despite the many posts critisising her role it is simply not the view held by the majority of supporters, which is why you hear singing in support of Delia, not damning her.

What is foolish is the opinion of the small minority, who are very vocal on the message boards, who continue to ignore previous debates on the subject and carry on regardless of the arguement put to them. Calling fellow supporters mugs and suchlike only confirms their blinkered point of view and their inability to accept the situation the club are in and why we are here.

So you can carry on critisising Delia, without bothering to look into why your opinion is dismissed by the largely faithful Y''army.. if you don''t understand why it''s because your not accepting the opposite arguement. I don''t understand the constant critisism on the message boards when the support of Delia has been clear on many posts.

[/quote]

Step up for the most fatuous post of the season.

Hitler relied on the majority appeal, you will no doubt state he was right!

How can "supporters" say that they are satidfied with what has happened to our club over the last 10years. Watch as our teams have slowly been downgraded.

Our  debt increased,our sad journey that looks likely to result in Din 3 next year, that''s 50years support for me to be back at square one!!

And you stood and applauded that, ye gods what for?

A good cook possibly, a fan could be, a good head of the club NO WAY.

Delia''s name hasn''t been sung at home games for about 3 years now, I would say that is more of a reflection of her popularity. The type of fan who collects ticket stubs to obtain tickets for the Ipswich game are not really the kind to let their feelings be known if they''re unhappy about something. I would suggest that at least 70% of fans think Delia needs to go but probably only about half of them are angry enough to protest against her and the rest are just happy for things to take their course.

kdncfc -What makes you think it was only fans who had collected 10 ticket stubs who were applauding her??

There were loads of fans( not just a small group) singing her name which would have been a mixture of season ticket holders, the 250 away season ticket holders, fans who had been to 10 away games and others.

Face - Thanks for your honesty in your reply,

Hitler is a crap analogy, he relied on far more than majority appeal !Where did I say supporters are satisfied with what has happened to our club in the last 10 years ?I just briefly gave an overall opinion of why the fans supported Delia vocally on Sunday.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"]Hitler is a crap analogy, he relied on far more than majority appeal !

Where did I say supporters are satisfied with what has happened to our club in the last 10 years ?

I just briefly gave an overall opinion of why the fans supported Delia vocally on Sunday.

[/quote]

So it was a view you don''t believe?

If you applaud her you must think she is doing OK. Would you applaud a tone deaf singer, a juggler who dropped his props?

And I repeat (from another thread) what the **** was she doing walking round the ground to milk the applause in the first place.

Oh I forgot we had just lost the most important game for ages, with a crap performance, that must be the reason.

Face

I can kind of understand where you are coming from but surely you can see the damage it can do in terms of Delia''s perception of public opinion? You state you don''t like her but then were standing their giving her an ovation and chanting her name. She will have come away from that game thinking she still enjoys the groundswell of support amongst our fanbase and in my mind less inclined to do anything she can to find a buyer for the club.

As for the post above stating that support for Delia is the majority view, maybe you are right but if so i find that profoundly depressing and also probably indicative of the types of fan that now seem to populate large areas of Carrow Road and who seemed to have managed to get hold of tickets for yesterday''s game (a large proportion of female fans and children from where i was stood). I for one simply cannot understand their attitude and whilst i will always be a Norwich fan I have to question whether this "true y''army" as you put it is something i still want to be a part of. Frankly i find our support embarrassing at times - such as responding yesterday to chants of going down with "your grounds too big for you." It is tearing me apart watching us slide to oblivion and this happy clappy attitude is simply alien to me.

Just to correct you on one point. She didn''t wander around the pitch she was sat in the top tier with the Norwich fans. When she was seen on the perimeter of the pitch she was leaving the stand. She did not respond until several fans started singing for her to give us a wave. All she did then was to turn and applaud the excellent away support.

Have a go at her if you want but get your facts right.

[quote user="jbghost"]

Just to correct you on one point. She didn''t wander around the pitch she was sat in the top tier with the Norwich fans. When she was seen on the perimeter of the pitch she was leaving the stand. She did not respond until several fans started singing for her to give us a wave. All she did then was to turn and applaud the excellent away support.

Have a go at her if you want but get your facts right.

[/quote]

This is indeed true and it is only fair to Delia to acknowledge this. She had not come out to milk applause. She was on her way back from the away end to the other side of the pitch.

Not really true, Delias Green n Yella army was sung throughout Peter Grants time as Manager as the supporters weren''t convinced by him. Which is what 18 months ago ?When Roeder took over the fans immediatly took to Roeders Green and Yella army, because of the initial results, which doesn''t mean Delia isn''t supported but I feel because we''d rather use the name of the Manager to show him our support.You suggested 70% of fans think Delia needs to go, if you use an average gate of 25,000 thats 17,500 fans. You also stated that only half of those are angry enough to protest, which would equal 8,750. I don''t agree on any of the figures you state, which I think maybe more of a reflection of those around you ?Plus, I don''t believe if 17,500 fans had a grudge they''d be shy in vocalising it, 8,750 would definatly be heard. The truth is Delia is well thought of by the majority, the minority are looking for a release for their frustration because of where we stand.

[quote user="cityangel"]

kdncfc -What makes you think it was only fans who had collected 10 ticket stubs who were applauding her??

There were loads of fans( not just a small group) singing her name which would have been a mixture of season ticket holders, the 250 away season ticket holders, fans who had been to 10 away games and others.

Face - Thanks for your honesty in your reply,

[/quote]

I only used that group as an example to illustrate the type of fans that are most likely to get tickets for such games CA, I appreciate there were st holders and others that applauded her but there are obviously season ticket holders that are fairly regular away travellers who can see no wrong in her.

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"]Not really true, Delias Green n Yella army was sung throughout Peter Grants time as Manager as the supporters weren''t convinced by him. Which is what 18 months ago ?

When Roeder took over the fans immediatly took to Roeders Green and Yella army, because of the initial results, which doesn''t mean Delia isn''t supported but I feel because we''d rather use the name of the Manager to show him our support.

You suggested 70% of fans think Delia needs to go, if you use an average gate of 25,000 thats 17,500 fans. You also stated that only half of those are angry enough to protest, which would equal 8,750. I don''t agree on any of the figures you state, which I think maybe more of a reflection of those around you ?

Plus, I don''t believe if 17,500 fans had a grudge they''d be shy in vocalising it, 8,750 would definatly be heard. The truth is Delia is well thought of by the majority, the minority are looking for a release for their frustration because of where we stand.

[/quote]

Which, if true, is why we will not be successful any time soon.

"I don''t believe if 17,500 fans had a grudge they''d be shy in vocalising it, 8,750 would definatly be heard."

Completely agree with this - if even a very significant minority felt very strongly about this the songs would have been heard.   Just because the majority of fans prepared to voice their opinion on a message board blame delia is not the same as the majority of the fan base being against her.   That there is no protest says that the fan base is not against her.

" The truth is Delia is well thought of by the majority."

Disagree with this though - not protesting or voicing an opinion does not necessarily make her well thought of either,  just means that many feel that she is not bad for the claim,  which is different from thinking she is good or well thought of - perhaps people think she is no worse than an alternative (that does not yet exist anyway)  

Perhaps feelings would change if and when a genuine replacement comes to the fore - which could be positive as well as negative??   

At the moment may view is that most fans feel that the board is neither doing a bad job but is not necessarily doing a bad job either.   Is their opinion any more right than yours or mine??

[quote user="Next door to Boyer"]Not really true, Delias Green n Yella army was sung throughout Peter Grants time as Manager as the supporters weren''t convinced by him. Which is what 18 months ago ?

When Roeder took over the fans immediatly took to Roeders Green and Yella army, because of the initial results, which doesn''t mean Delia isn''t supported but I feel because we''d rather use the name of the Manager to show him our support.

You suggested 70% of fans think Delia needs to go, if you use an average gate of 25,000 thats 17,500 fans. You also stated that only half of those are angry enough to protest, which would equal 8,750. I don''t agree on any of the figures you state, which I think maybe more of a reflection of those around you ?

Plus, I don''t believe if 17,500 fans had a grudge they''d be shy in vocalising it, 8,750 would definatly be heard. The truth is Delia is well thought of by the majority, the minority are looking for a release for their frustration because of where we stand.

[/quote]

We''ll have to beg to differ, but I myself have lost any respect I''ve ever had for her because of how bad things have been allowed to get under her leadership. Chase was certainly no worse than her and we all know what happened to him, can''t see why she should be treated any different.

Well whatever we say about Delia you have to admire her balls in coming over to the fans at all.

Must say I was surprised that she got such a positive reaction - not from me I might add - and I found that a bit depressing as we sink into League One.

It was a calculated gamble that paid off.