Sign in to follow this  
CambridgeCanary

Two Games Left and it is STILL POSSIBLE

Ok today was a huge disappointment.  To a certain extent our detsiny is outside our control now.  I fully understand and share the despondency on this message board tonight but....................

I have been a city fan for 39 years.  I will believe in my club and my team whatever.  This is not a pro Delia psot.  I really don''t care about her. What I care about is that there are two games left.  Six points and our goal difference will save us.  Four points might be enough.

My team is not relegated until the maths are certain.  I will not give up on my team till then.  They may be unworthy of the shirt, overpaid no carers lead by incompetents but they are my team and being a fan means sticking with them.  Believe till hope has gone/

The time for giving up hope is when hope has gone.  That time is not yet.

Barnsley play Coventry on Tuesday, who thanks to our inability to get anything today, are now definitely safe. Coventry have history for relegating us.

On Saturday Barnsley play Wolves....now Wolves manager Mick McCarthy is a Barnsley man born and bred!

Just face facts, we are relegated bar the fat lady singing!

It''s certainly not done and dusted yet, i won''t give up hope til it''s certain.

Fully agree with you Cambridge Canary, I missed a positive post like yours.

I have just spent more than a season ticket only to make a trip to Norwich and to visit Carrow Road, courtesy of the club. I love this club, I don''t think that the game is already over and in any case I''ll continue to follow the Canaries in the League One, in the good and in the bad fortune.

[quote user="whoareyou"]

Barnsley play Coventry on Tuesday, who thanks to our inability to get anything today, are now definitely safe. Coventry have history for relegating us.

On Saturday Barnsley play Wolves....now Wolves manager Mick McCarthy is a Barnsley man born and bred!

Just face facts, we are relegated bar the fat lady singing!

[/quote]

The Fat Lady has been learning the words in Devon though[:O]

I''m there next season i renewed the day of the S''oton home game, hopefully we''ll be entertaining Newcastle rather than Carlisle.

Today was a massive blow to our survival hopes but it isn''t over until it is over - I am not confident that we will survive but all we can do is back the boys until the bitter end. OTBC

Its all a bit sad. Suddenly the Message Board condems the players , the manager, the owners for not being good enough but then that is a problem we all have. I don''t have enough money to buy the house I want to buy in Diss, Cromer, Hunstanton or whrerever because all my life I have not been good enough. Its my problem but I do not condem myself for it. I am just sorry, I am sad.

I am sure the players, the manager, the owners did their best. They will be sad too.

You want a house in Diss??

Don''t be disappointed you haven''t got one buddy, your not missing much.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Its all a bit sad. Suddenly the Message Board condems the players , the manager, the owners for not being good enough but then that is a problem we all have. I don''t have enough money to buy the house I want to buy in Diss, Cromer, Hunstanton or whrerever because all my life I have not been good enough. Its my problem but I do not condem myself for it. I am just sorry, I am sad.

I am sure the players, the manager, the owners did their best. They will be sad too.

[/quote]

It''s fair to say that we are all sad at the moment but it''s how you react to these emotions that matters. It is very easy to say "we all tried our best, never mind, we can try exactly the same thing next week, and the week after, etc. and with luck it will come good in the end" or you can recognise that drastic change is needed. It''s the culture of ''nice little friendly club'' that has got us in to this mess in the first place. The only thing that is preventing change is the unwillingness of the current owners to recognise that they have reduced their substantial (in terms of their personal wealth) investment in to nothing.

Unfortunately they will only realise this when the club is in administration.

Look at this > mathematically watford, Blackpool, derby, plymouth, nottingham f and barnsley can still go down. That is 6 teams that are still in the mix with us. Watford are away to Coventry and at home to Derby and I think they will lose both matches and finish on 52 points > Blackpool are at home to nottinham and away to swansea and I think they will lose both matches so they will finish on 52 points > Derby are at home to reading and Charlton and I think they draw with reading and beat charlton and finish on 55 points, so they will be safe > plymouth are away to qpr and home to barnsley and I think they will lose to qpr and draw with barnsley so they finish on only 51 points > nottinham beat blackpool and southampton and stay up with 55 points > barnsley will draw with Coventry, wolves and plymouth, so will finish on only 50 points. I think we will draw with reading and lose to charlton, so will finish on 47 points.So that is watford on 52 points, blackpool on 52 points, derby on 55 points, plymouth on 51 points. nottingham on 55 points, barnsley on 50 points and us on 47 points........oh sh*t.

Never mind I get my cheap concessionary ticket for next season [:D]

All the angst, anger and electricity consumed does not change the fact that 8 days on, the situation is just as I and a few others predicted.  Shame on all of you who said after - and in some cases before - Portman Road, that it was all over and the Canaries were relegated.   We may be relegated but not then and not yet.

We can still do it and I will support, cheer and hope until it is finally over.   That is what fans do.  You don''t give up whilst it is still possible.

Then, whatever the outcome and I do believe that we will do it, we fans must do what we can to make sure that this situation never happens again