Sign in to follow this  
wedgie

One more point

thats them and Charlton then.. 3 go down remember,.. 1 point wont be enough with Southampton and Forest swinging like a boxer on the ropes....

i said elsewhere we might just need 9 more points this season to be absolutely sure....

jas :)

i cant see barnsley getting many more points , southampton v forrest would decide the last place , in that case either team cant get maximum points anyway !!(southampton forrest)

[quote user="singing canary"]i cant see barnsley getting many more points , southampton v forrest would decide the last place , in that case either team cant get maximum points anyway !!(southampton forrest)[/quote]

Err, Barnsley have a game in hand........we need more than 1 point I fear.

Barnsley have Coventry away. Forest also play Coventry at home.

Coventry seemingly exist only to p**s me off and therefore i am of the view they are likely to lose both of these games. For further evidence see 1986 and their capitulation at Plymouth last week which has virtually gifted Plymouth their safety.

[quote user="Phil Keenan"]All we need is one more point, Barnsley are going down[/quote]

This is a joke I assume? If not then you are seriously misguided in your optimism.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Coventry seemingly exist only to p**s me off and therefore i am of the view they are likely to lose both of these games. For further evidence see 1986 and their capitulation at Plymouth last week which has virtually gifted Plymouth their safety.

[/quote]

I agree with you Jim. Forest will stay up after yesterday''s great result (for them) with 10 men. OK Barnsley have difficult looking run in with three away and Wolves at home. That home game worries me. If Wolves are Champions by then and with that old Barnsley favourite (and self confessed fan) in McCarthy, who is to say that they won''t just ''ease up'' a bit! Believe me I would not rule that out for one second.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]Coventry only exists to **** everyone off.  Look at the evidence - That daft bird what took her knickers off and got on a horse, that was just stoopid.  The horrible sky blue kit, what kind of colour is that for goodness sakes - get a mans'' colour, like yellow for example.  Dexys Midnight Runners - come on Eileen. The annoying catchyness of "on my radio" by The Selector. And Pete Waterman was born there FFS !  And Danny Grewcock - great rugby player, annoyingly silly name.  Not to mention those 3 games you mentioned that they got to play after the league campaign had finished for everyone else, and in which they needed to win all 3.  That soul-less vacuum packed Ricoh Arena.  Coventry even ****es people who live there off - Ghost town by The Specials is said to have been written about it.I''ll stop now before I run out of wikipedia entries...

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

I agree with you Jim. Forest will stay up after yesterday''s great result (for them) with 10 men. OK Barnsley have difficult looking run in with three away and Wolves at home. That home game worries me. If Wolves are Champions by then and with that old Barnsley favourite (and self confessed fan) in McCarthy, who is to say that they won''t just ''ease up'' a bit! Believe me I would not rule that out for one second.

[/quote]

They would have to ease up a lot - Barnsley have looked awful recently.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Coventry only exists to **** everyone off.  Look at the evidence - That daft bird what took her knickers off and got on a horse, that was just stoopid.  The horrible sky blue kit, what kind of colour is that for goodness sakes - get a mans'' colour, like yellow for example.  Dexys Midnight Runners - come on Eileen. The annoying catchyness of "on my radio" by The Selector. And Pete Waterman was born there FFS !  And Danny Grewcock - great rugby player, annoyingly silly name.  Not to mention those 3 games you mentioned that they got to play after the league campaign had finished for everyone else, and in which they needed to win all 3.  That soul-less vacuum packed Ricoh Arena.  Coventry even ****es people who live there off - Ghost town by The Specials is said to have been written about it.

I''ll stop now before I run out of wikipedia entries...
[/quote]

And as for the ones who get sent there.......[;)]

[quote user="Phil Keenan"]All we need is one more point, Barnsley are going down[/quote]

I would say that we need 5, but we will wait and see.....

[quote user="simon kingston"]All we need is one more point, Barnsley are going down[/quote]

No we need a min of 3 more poinst but probably 4.

I have a feeling that 50 pts should be enough,  but would like 5 points to be sure.  And I dont want to be in the position of wanting 3 on the lastday,  as I suspect then oour survival will depend on other results