Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Kieran Gibbs

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So anways ''king canary - what the f*ck did you make of Gibbs performances for us last season, and do you think his critics should be eating humble pie just because he put in a good performance for his real club in the Champions League?

[/quote]
I thought he was not as bad as some made out he was here. However I do agree that just because he plays well for Arsenal doesnt mean people who criticized his performances here were wrong. However there are still some who swear blind that he is crap and has no merit as Ive seen on other threads.
[/quote]

I''d agree with that. If I remember rightly he was played out on the left against Hull in his first game. He was starved of the ball and looked quite weak against a strong well organised team. Problem was that many of our fans felt "we should be beating the likes of Hull" and Gibbs got more than his fair share of blame for that defeat. He did improve in subsequent games but never to the point where he had much impact on results. Gibbs was probably not the type of player to be on loan in a physical Championship but may well be good enough to possibly get a Champions League winners medal with The Arse! It''s a funny old game!!

[/quote]

Either that or the manager/message board posters at Norwich got it wrong.

Who can say?

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So anways ''king canary - what the f*ck did you make of Gibbs performances for us last season, and do you think his critics should be eating humble pie just because he put in a good performance for his real club in the Champions League?

[/quote]I thought he was not as bad as some made out he was here. However I do agree that just because he plays well for Arsenal doesnt mean people who criticized his performances here were wrong. However there are still some who swear blind that he is crap and has no merit as Ive seen on other threads.[/quote]

I''d agree with that. If I remember rightly he was played out on the left against Hull in his first game. He was starved of the ball and looked quite weak against a strong well organised team. Problem was that many of our fans felt "we should be beating the likes of Hull" and Gibbs got more than his fair share of blame for that defeat. He did improve in subsequent games but never to the point where he had much impact on results. Gibbs was probably not the type of player to be on loan in a physical Championship but may well be good enough to possibly get a Champions League winners medal with The Arse! It''s a funny old game!!

[/quote]

Who can say?

[/quote]Well if you saw him for Norwich you could see he was just to lgihtweight and was easily bulied out of games. Maybe it would have been different if we had played him at left back but we didnt need a LB at the time as Bertrand was playing very well.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

About as many Irish as there are in those Irish teams?

OTBC

Mr Worthington must answer for himself but in the current Republic of Ireland squad only four out of 25 are there on Grandma''s apron.

I could list them if you want but I know you have a limited attention span so unless you want it I am not going to bother.

But, if you do, please ask.

[/quote]

Well, who''s to argue with one so knowledgeable about Grandma''s aprons?

Now all we''re waiting on is for nutty to answer his part.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

About as many Irish as there are in those Irish teams?

OTBC

Mr Worthington must answer for himself but in the current Republic of Ireland squad only four out of 25 are there on Grandma''s apron.

I could list them if you want but I know you have a limited attention span so unless you want it I am not going to bother.

But, if you do, please ask.

[/quote]

Well, who''s to argue with one so knowledgeable about Grandma''s aprons?

Now all we''re waiting on is for nutty to answer his part.

OTBC

[/quote]I say again- Grow Up

[quote user="king canary"]I say again- Grow Up[/quote]Seconded.Bly/Nutty, if you must bicker, please could you do it via email/private messages instead of spamming the forums with this childishness?I have nothing against either of you and when you post real opinions, often I enjoy the posts both of you make.Really, this petty squabbling is beneath both of you, and it''s irritating for everyone else to have to sift through.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="king canary"]

I say again- Grow Up

[/quote]

Seconded.

Bly/Nutty, if you must bicker, please could you do it via email/private messages instead of spamming the forums with this childishness?

I have nothing against either of you and when you post real opinions, often I enjoy the posts both of you make.

Really, this petty squabbling is beneath both of you, and it''s irritating for everyone else to have to sift through.
[/quote]

So anways mum - what did you make of Gibbs performances for us last season, and do you think his critics should be eating humble pie just because he put in a good performance for his real club in the Champions League?

It''s a bit childish and certainly very irritating how a couple of posters have now dragged this thread off topic. It''s about Kieran Gibbs and his critics eating humble pie in case you forgot. It''s on the first post so no sifting was required.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So anways mum - what did you make of Gibbs performances for us last season, and do you think his critics should be eating humble pie just because he put in a good performance for his real club in the Champions League?

It''s a bit childish and certainly very irritating how a couple of posters have now dragged this thread off topic. It''s about Kieran Gibbs and his critics eating humble pie in case you forgot. It''s on the first post so no sifting was required.

[/quote]

You and Bly were just as guilty of taking it off-topic because your playground bitching completely obscured any points you may have raised... it''s slightly rich you are calling others "childish" for taking it off-topic, when at least they were discussing something, albeit not what the thread was initially about, instead of just bitching each other off. The sifting was more directed at yours and Bly''s post as you have to sift through the snide comments to see if you actually have a point, not the thread itself.It is a public forum, I am not trying to police it and I wouldn''t want to, I''m just trying to enjoy it, which me and others are struggling to do because you and Bly appear to be monitoring the forum for an excuse to bitch about each other and squabble. I was not being obnoxious or unreasonable, I politely asked for you to consider others, which is a sentiment I stand by. You can go into a forest and fight it out to the death for all I care, just stop cluttering the forum with boring, churlish sh*t.Right, now that''s out the way, I thought Gibbs was utterly crap for us. He never looked liked he cared and he was bossed about far too easily. It was clear he had potential and there were some flashes of the player he could be, but nowhere near often enough. He looked lightweight and I thought overall his performances for us were pretty poor.I think the OP was completely wrong, I don''t think anyone should be eating humble pie for criticising Gibbs, he was crap, and people said he was crap. Doesn''t mean he will never be a good player, or fulfill his potential. Of course people were going to criticise him for not doing the business, and it''s somewhat irrelevant how/what he is doing now. I saw a few small bits of the game, but was watching the Man U game mainly, so I wouldn''t care to pass judgement on his performance on Thurs, but I''ll trust he had a decent game. I criticised him when he was here, because the performances he put in were simply not good enough, and i stand by that criticism.Best of luck to the lad though.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You and Bly were just as guilty of taking it off-topic because your playground bitching completely obscured any points you may have raised... it''s slightly rich you are calling others "childish" for taking it off-topic, when at least they were discussing something, albeit not what the thread was initially about, instead of just bitching each other off.

The sifting was more directed at yours and Bly''s post as you have to sift through the snide comments to see if you actually have a point, not the thread itself.

It is a public forum, I am not trying to police it and I wouldn''t want to, I''m just trying to enjoy it, which me and others are struggling to do because you and Bly appear to be monitoring the forum for an excuse to bitch about each other and squabble.

I was not being obnoxious or unreasonable, I politely asked for you to consider others, which is a sentiment I stand by. You can go into a forest and fight it out to the death for all I care, just stop cluttering the forum with boring, churlish sh*t.

Right, now that''s out the way, I thought Gibbs was utterly crap for us. He never looked liked he cared and he was bossed about far too easily. It was clear he had potential and there were some flashes of the player he could be, but nowhere near often enough. He looked lightweight and I thought overall his performances for us were pretty poor.

I think the OP was completely wrong, I don''t think anyone should be eating humble pie for criticising Gibbs, he was crap, and people said he was crap. Doesn''t mean he will never be a good player, or fulfill his potential. Of course people were going to criticise him for not doing the business, and it''s somewhat irrelevant how/what he is doing now. I saw a few small bits of the game, but was watching the Man U game mainly, so I wouldn''t care to pass judgement on his performance on Thurs, but I''ll trust he had a decent game. I criticised him when he was here, because the performances he put in were simply not good enough, and i stand by that criticism.

Best of luck to the lad though.
[/quote]

Mummmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy............

nigel won''t answer.

And now you go and post by far the longest post on this thread!

[:''(]

But still, Mummy. One love, y''hear.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You and Bly were just as guilty of taking it off-topic because your playground bitching completely obscured any points you may have raised... it''s slightly rich you are calling others "childish" for taking it off-topic, when at least they were discussing something, albeit not what the thread was initially about, instead of just bitching each other off.

The sifting was more directed at yours and Bly''s post as you have to sift through the snide comments to see if you actually have a point, not the thread itself.

It is a public forum, I am not trying to police it and I wouldn''t want to, I''m just trying to enjoy it, which me and others are struggling to do because you and Bly appear to be monitoring the forum for an excuse to bitch about each other and squabble.

I was not being obnoxious or unreasonable, I politely asked for you to consider others, which is a sentiment I stand by. You can go into a forest and fight it out to the death for all I care, just stop cluttering the forum with boring, churlish sh*t.

Right, now that''s out the way, I thought Gibbs was utterly crap for us. He never looked liked he cared and he was bossed about far too easily. It was clear he had potential and there were some flashes of the player he could be, but nowhere near often enough. He looked lightweight and I thought overall his performances for us were pretty poor.

I think the OP was completely wrong, I don''t think anyone should be eating humble pie for criticising Gibbs, he was crap, and people said he was crap. Doesn''t mean he will never be a good player, or fulfill his potential. Of course people were going to criticise him for not doing the business, and it''s somewhat irrelevant how/what he is doing now. I saw a few small bits of the game, but was watching the Man U game mainly, so I wouldn''t care to pass judgement on his performance on Thurs, but I''ll trust he had a decent game. I criticised him when he was here, because the performances he put in were simply not good enough, and i stand by that criticism.

[/quote]

Mummmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyy............

nigel won''t answer.

And now you go and post by far the longest post on this thread!

[:''(]

But still, Mummy. One love, y''hear.

OTBC

[/quote]

Fac ut vivas.

[quote user="kick it off"]

[/quote]

Sorry chap but any points you were trying to make about Gibbs are rather obscured after being buried under your torrent of self-righteous bitching however if you''d like to re-read this thread and respond to the posts I made that the complaints seem to be about I will happily debate them with you. To give you a clue they are about Gibbs and Etuhu.

It''s up to each individual poster as to how they use this forum. I do not judge which way is right or wrong. I choose to behave in the same way as I do off the forum. You obviously (I hope!) don''t.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I would imagine that many of the critics on this site had to eat humble pie last night after watching the 19 year old lad playing left back for Arsenal in the European Champions League Quarter-Final 3-0 win over Villareal.

He had a pretty steady game too.

OTBC

[/quote]

No, not at all.Gibbs was used by Roeder as, variously:

• A left winger
  • A right winger
  • A central midfielder

He never set any game alight in which he played, and was, at best, quite good towards the end of his loan spell here.  Clearly he is a capable young left back, and if we hadn''t had Bertrand on loan then perhaps we would have seen better from him in what seems to be his preferred position.

Wenger 1 - 0 Roeder.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I would imagine that many of the critics on this site had to eat humble pie last night after watching the 19 year old lad playing left back for Arsenal in the European Champions League Quarter-Final 3-0 win over Villareal.

He had a pretty steady game too.

OTBC

[/quote]

No, not at all.Gibbs, who plays left back for Arsenal youth and reserves, was used by Roeder as, variously:

• A left winger
  • A right winger
  • A central midfielder

He never set any game alight in which he played, and was, at best, quite good towards the end of his loan spell here.  Clearly he is a capable young left back, and if we hadn''t had Bertrand on loan then perhaps we would have seen better from him in what seems to be his preferred position.

Wenger 1 - 0 Roeder.

I''d agree with that. If I remember rightly he was played out on the left against Hull in his first game. He was starved of the ball and looked quite weak against a strong well organised team. Problem was that many of our fans felt "we should be beating the likes of Hull" and Gibbs got more than his fair share of blame for that defeat.

[/quote]A very minor point, but I believe the game finished 1-1 and Hull were flying high when they came here - I don''t think the attitude was "we should be beating Hull," though frankly this isn''t an unreasonable point of view.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]I thought he was not as bad as some made out he was here. However I do agree that just because he plays well for Arsenal doesnt mean people who criticized his performances here were wrong. However there are still some who swear blind that he is crap and has no merit as Ive seen on other threads.[/quote]

[/quote]

Who can say?

[/quote]You''re becoming a really pompous tosspot.Look, it''s simple.Roeder played Gibbs out of position - therefore Gibbs failed to set a single game alight - therefore supporters noticed this and questioned why he was picked.Had Gibbs been given his natural left back role to fill - who knows.  But it is not unreasonable to suggest if you take a young kid without first team experience and throw him into a struggling team, out of position, you are not going to get the best out of him.

[quote user="kick it off"]

You and Bly were just as guilty of taking it off-topic because your playground bitching completely obscured any points you may have raised... it''s slightly rich you are calling others "childish" for taking it off-topic, when at least they were discussing something, albeit not what the thread was initially about, instead of just bitching each other off. The sifting was more directed at yours and Bly''s post as you have to sift through the snide comments to see if you actually have a point, not the thread itself.It is a public forum, I am not trying to police it and I wouldn''t want to, I''m just trying to enjoy it, which me and others are struggling to do because you and Bly appear to be monitoring the forum for an excuse to bitch about each other and squabble. I was not being obnoxious or unreasonable, I politely asked for you to consider others, which is a sentiment I stand by. You can go into a forest and fight it out to the death for all I care, just stop cluttering the forum with boring, churlish sh*t.Right, now that''s out the way, I thought Gibbs was utterly crap for us. He never looked liked he cared and he was bossed about far too easily. It was clear he had potential and there were some flashes of the player he could be, but nowhere near often enough. He looked lightweight and I thought overall his performances for us were pretty poor.I think the OP was completely wrong, I don''t think anyone should be eating humble pie for criticising Gibbs, he was crap, and people said he was crap. Doesn''t mean he will never be a good player, or fulfill his potential. Of course people were going to criticise him for not doing the business, and it''s somewhat irrelevant how/what he is doing now. I saw a few small bits of the game, but was watching the Man U game mainly, so I wouldn''t care to pass judgement on his performance on Thurs, but I''ll trust he had a decent game. I criticised him when he was here, because the performances he put in were simply not good enough, and i stand by that criticism.Best of luck to the lad though.[/quote]

Sorry chap but any points you were trying to make about Gibbs are rather obscured after being buried under your torrent of self-righteous bitching however if you''d like to re-read this thread and respond to the posts I made that the complaints seem to be about I will happily debate them with you. To give you a clue they are about Gibbs and Etuhu.

It''s up to each individual poster as to how they use this forum. I do not judge which way is right or wrong. I choose to behave in the same way as I do off the forum. You obviously (I hope!) don''t.

[/quote]Sorry Nigel but if anyone is involved in slef rightous bitching its you and Bly scoring points off each other. This was a discussion about Gibbs and became you and him bitching about how the other wouldnt address your points.

Anyway on the point of Gibbs...he just set up the goal, nice little cross. Would have him back on loan to play left back next season!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''d agree with that. If I remember rightly he was played out on the left against Hull in his first game. He was starved of the ball and looked quite weak against a strong well organised team. Problem was that many of our fans felt "we should be beating the likes of Hull" and Gibbs got more than his fair share of blame for that defeat.

[/quote]

A very minor point, but I believe the game finished 1-1 and Hull were flying high when they came here - I don''t think the attitude was "we should be beating Hull," though frankly this isn''t an unreasonable point of view.
[/quote]

Yes you''re right it did finish 1-1 and Hull were on a run that so nearly took them to automatic promotion. After the game I remember getting involved in a thread on here where posters actually were stating we should be beating the likes of Hull. I think that''s unreasonable because teams are judged by how they are perceived to be rather than the qualities of thier play and players. There''s a kind of snobbery in football where fans believe thier club should always be superior to others. In reality it doesn''t work like that. We like to think we should be a Premiership club but so do around 50 other sets of fans. Charlton, Southampton, Norwich, Nottingham Forest and Barnsley have all played in the Premiership and so should surely be finishing above the likes of Plymouth Blackpool and Doncaster shouldn''t they? The reality is clubs are where they are on merit. Doesn''t matter how much some fans badger thier message boards, this football snobbery is really just a load of squit.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

A very minor point, but I believe the game finished 1-1 and Hull were flying high when they came here - I don''t think the attitude was "we should be beating Hull," though frankly this isn''t an unreasonable point of view.
[/quote]

Yes you''re right it did finish 1-1 and Hull were on a run that so nearly took them to automatic promotion. After the game I remember getting involved in a thread on here where posters actually were stating we should be beating the likes of Hull. I think that''s unreasonable because teams are judged by how they are perceived to be rather than the qualities of thier play and players. There''s a kind of snobbery in football where fans believe thier club should always be superior to others. In reality it doesn''t work like that. We like to think we should be a Premiership club but so do around 50 other sets of fans. Charlton, Southampton, Norwich, Nottingham Forest and Barnsley have all played in the Premiership and so should surely be finishing above the likes of Plymouth Blackpool and Doncaster shouldn''t they? The reality is clubs are where they are on merit. Doesn''t matter how much some fans badger thier message boards, this football snobbery is really just a load of squit.

[/quote]

Richard Cranium

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thier, Thier, Nutty![:D]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thier, Thier, Nutty![:D]

[/quote]

I wish nutless would pretend to be Maggie Thatcher, or even that Aussie bloke again...thier really funny....[:|]

[/quote]A very minor point, but I believe the game finished 1-1 and Hull were flying high when they came here - I don''t think the attitude was "we should be beating Hull," though frankly this isn''t an unreasonable point of view.[/quote]

[/quote]

If it was a fan of, say, Sunderland or Forest talking to me saying "I expect us to beat Hull," I''d agree with you - why should they expect that?  But Norwich are the club I support and the club I love, and I have expectations that might seem to be unreasonable from an objective point of view, but go to the heart of what being a supporter is about: wanting, willing, wishing - sometimes demanding - that the eleven men who run out on to the pitch to represent the club win football matches.

Being a fan doesn''t always sit well with logic, I''m afraid.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If it was a fan of, say, Sunderland or Forest talking to me saying "I expect us to beat Hull," I''d agree with you - why should they expect that?  But Norwich are the club I support and the club I love, and I have expectations that might seem to be unreasonable from an objective point of view, but go to the heart of what being a supporter is about: wanting, willing, wishing - sometimes demanding - that the eleven men who run out on to the pitch to represent the club win football matches.

[/quote]

Ah yes Mister. But now you''re getting close to my yellow and green welding goggle territory. I guess the difference between us is that while I don''t actually expect us to beat anybody I actually want us to beat everybody. And the fan I am means by kick off I actually believe we can beat anybody whether it''s Man. Utd or Tamworth. Just lately, more often than not I am disappointed but by the next week I believe again.

Are you nearly singing Tomorrow[8][:^)]

[quote user="king canary"]Anyway on the point of Gibbs...he just set up the goal, nice little cross. Would have him back on loan to play left back next season!
[/quote]

And before that he cleared off the line in the first five minutes nearly clattering the goalpost in the process.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]A very minor point, but I believe the game finished 1-1 and Hull were flying high when they came here - I don''t think the attitude was "we should be beating Hull," though frankly this isn''t an unreasonable point of view.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah yes Mister. But now you''re getting close to my yellow and green welding goggle territory. I guess the difference between us is that while I don''t actually expect us to beat anybody I actually want us to beat everybody. And the fan I am means by kick off I actually believe we can beat anybody whether it''s Man. Utd or Tamworth. Just lately, more often than not I am disappointed but by the next week I believe again.

Are you nearly singing Tomorrow[8][:^)]

[/quote]

No... but neither am I singing "Yesterday"! [D]

He is a fine little player, but as many have pointed out doesnt change the fact he was not very good for us.The people who need to eat humble pie are the ones in the past who have claimed he is a rubbish player and cant understand how he is in the Arsenal team.

And those who said the same about Etuhu and his move to the Premiership?

[/quote]Etuhu was a truely frustrating player, but again had obvious ability. I must say I am surprised he is in the Fulham team so regularly but he does work well with Murphey it seems.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

And those who said the same about Etuhu and his move to the Premiership?

[/quote]
Etuhu was a truely frustrating player, but again had obvious ability. I must say I am surprised he is in the Fulham team so regularly but he does work well with Murphey it seems.
[/quote]

Did you not think he was consistent for us after he got fit? That 2nd season I thought he probably could have been POS.

Etuhu is another one whos attitude stank to high heaven.. he only performed when the TV cameras (and eyes of other managers) were on us...

ask Sunderland fans what they think of Eboohoo.....

jas :)