Sign in to follow this  
Allcockfan

The Man

Now I''ve read everything !!  The Man "retains a lot of affection for Worthy" so he says in last weeks Pinkun.  What about all that tedious and neverendingly boring references to ''nutty Nigel'' and ''December''s Manager of the Month'' tripe when Worthington was still here, in addition to the forever sniping at his team selections and away stratedgy - hiow soon we forget !! (but not all of us!!)

i, like many people on here, probably have the same sort of feelings for worthington, those first few years of him in charge were probably the best seasons of any norwich fans recent memory, play off final and then going up as champions, and for that, and that alone, there is some ''affection'' for him, i dont think its hypocritical to also say that in his last few seasons his decisions and selections were sometimes way off the mark and that he out stayed his welcome for probably a season too long whilst holding out for a pay-off.i still have a lot of respect for grant in the reverse, he was obviously out of his depth, not up to the job, but at least he left when he realised it.       

[quote user="Allcockfan"]Now I''ve read everything !!  The Man "retains a lot of affection for Worthy" so he says in last weeks Pinkun.  What about all that tedious and neverendingly boring references to ''nutty Nigel'' and ''December''s Manager of the Month'' tripe when Worthington was still here, in addition to the forever sniping at his team selections and away stratedgy - hiow soon we forget !! (but not all of us!!)[/quote]

Now this is where I got my user name but to be fair to The Man he never did join some of the ridiculous witch hunts and blatant winding up of the fans started by other columnists of the time.

And why not Allcokfan? The Man is always readable, and although we won''t all agree with his opinions or sentiments he''s stated his reasons and let''s face it, whatever we all think of Worthington as a manager he did give us some good memories AND he was the one manager who stood up to the spending (or not) habits of the board.

IMO he stayed on too long in a regime which didn''t back him and delayed in sacking him. He also made a lot of mistakes, as do most managers. I saw plenty of those legendary away fixtures (but some of those under Roeder and Grant were not so not either). I certainly retain some affection for him, if not only for bringing us some recent success. Until someone does better (which looks a long, long way off at the moment), I guess an awful lot of City fans will probably agree with The Man.

[quote user="Allcockfan"]Now I''ve read everything !!  The Man "retains a lot of affection for Worthy" so he says in last weeks Pinkun.  What about all that tedious and neverendingly boring references to ''nutty Nigel'' and ''December''s Manager of the Month'' tripe when Worthington was still here, in addition to the forever sniping at his team selections and away stratedgy - hiow soon we forget !! (but not all of us!!)[/quote]

I believe I read somewhere that ''The Man'' has actually changed identity a couple of times (I could be wrong though!), so possibly it was a ''Man'' of old and a bit of a consistency slip? :-)