Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Who Plays Up Front?

Mooney and Gow have done well but i think that Lee and Cody give us something very different, and potentially much better.I really think Cody could score the goals we need if he was given a chance. And I do like Lee''s battling approach, something we need at the moment. The scum game Lee has to start, and i hope Cody gets a go.

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]Mooney and Gow have done well but i think that Lee and Cody give us something very different, and potentially much better.

I really think Cody could score the goals we need if he was given a chance. And I do like Lee''s battling approach, something we need at the moment. The scum game Lee has to start, and i hope Cody gets a go.
[/quote]

I would stick Lee and Cody, strength and height with Lee and Cody is fast and strong on the ball.

But with Gunny and the others who knows lol. [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]Mooney and Gow have done well but i think that Lee and Cody give us something very different, and potentially much better.

I really think Cody could score the goals we need if he was given a chance. And I do like Lee''s battling approach, something we need at the moment. The scum game Lee has to start, and i hope Cody gets a go.
[/quote]

I would stick Lee and Cody, strength and height with Lee and Cody is fast and strong on the ball.

[/quote]

Ditto here 49..............but as you say, with Gunn, who knows?[:S]

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]Gow was poor saturday and i know Mooney has scored 2 but i just think Lee and Cody could give us a lot more.
[/quote]

I think that all apart from Shacks were poor Saturday, let''s put it this way, it can''t be any worse a performance than Saturdays by giving Lee and Cody a shot.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ditto here 49..............but as you say, with Gunn, who knows?[:S]

[/quote]

lol well it would work in my dream team anyhow, but in practise who the hell knows.[:D]

I doubt Cody is physically ready to make the jump up to actually starting a game in this league, and this season is realistically going to be used as an impact sub.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]I doubt Cody is physically ready to make the jump up to actually starting a game in this league, and this season is realistically going to be used as an impact sub.[/quote]

Fully agree. The lad has a great deal of potential but much to learn. It''s too early to start him, but Lee showed passion and will make things happen (including getting himself sent off, I fear!).

Gow should start in midfield ahead of any of croft,carney or the very poor lappin because he is a midfielder any the 3 names were dreadfull on sat,lee and mooney with impact sub mcdonald on the bench and while we are at it leijar (spellcheck)should be on the bench ahead of drury cos he is a better bet at centre back or fullback!

bin off lappin and play russell and you got your team fella ,cant see lappin startin with rusty back well hopefully!

Gow and Mooney have done well for us up front so why the clamour for a change?   We were shocking in midfield on Sat and none of the 4 strikers made an impact on the game due to the lack of ability in the middle of the park,  not due to the lack of ability up front.  

Sadly we have no option in the centre to consider.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Gow and Mooney have done well for us up front so why the clamour for a change?   We were shocking in midfield on Sat and none of the 4 strikers made an impact on the game due to the lack of ability in the middle of the park,  not due to the lack of ability up front.  

Sadly we have no option in the centre to consider.  

[/quote]

That''s exactly how I saw it Zip. But I do think there are excuses for our inept midfield display on Saturday. Shame Fotheringham was off the radar though because I would have started him and rested Clingan. May have made the difference. Let''s hope Clingan is rested for Staturday but it is another 2 games in quick succession and we could have done with Fozzy for one of them.

Even though Mooney has scored two, after a couple of his efforts on saturday, i wonder how, cody seems much brighter off the ball, and if he is given more than 10/15 mins he may just do the buisness, and obviously someone like Lee is best to patner him

Lol, i think she could do the job!

On a more serios note, Mooney and Lee, with McDonald as an impact sub.

I thought on Saturday that MacDonald showed that he has just left the lower leagues and will take time to adjust to the Championship. To me more important than who plays up front is who plays midfield because if a team dominates midfield they protect their defence and create chances for those who play up front. If your midfield is overrun your defence is under pressure and few chances are created and lets face it against Wednesday their keeper hardly got his gloves dirty..

I have felt for some time that our midfield has been our undoing when we had Huckerby we were good going forward the minute we lost possession our defence were under pressure especially down that side.

Without Clingan this season we would have been down already, Russell blows hot and cold then there is Fotheringham then Pattison who has obviously said something that Gunn doesn''t like which brings us to Croft and I am not certain whether Croft is a forward or midfielder. Next is Carney who is totally light weight for a midfielder which really sums up the midfield.