Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Lee wants to stay regardless of which Division we are in

So says the Evening News today. This would be brilliant news as he will causes defences a shedload of problems at league 1 and championship level. Palace clearly want him off their books and he could be a free transfer or small fee. He clearly wants to live and play in East Anglia where he still lives.

Well lets hope Gunny has been on the blower to NW this morning getting this sorted.   Whichever division we are in, Alan Lee would be a fantastic start to our summer restructure.   I''ve just had a sense of  Deja Vu because Im sure I said this about 10 months ago.

This is fantastic news! I would really like him here perminantly - he would be a fantastic signing!

[quote user="AJ"]This is fantastic news! I would really like him here perminantly - he would be a fantastic signing!
[/quote]

Totally agree AJ, Lee is an absolute must and in League 1 (yes, I''m resigned now) he would be deverstating!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="AJ"]This is fantastic news! I would really like him here perminantly - he would be a fantastic signing!
[/quote]

Totally agree AJ, Lee is an absolute must and in League 1 (yes, I''m resigned now) he would be deverstating!

[/quote]

Brilliant,It''s nice to have a brick wall in the front line for a change

i wasnt too impressed when we signed him , but i was wrong , and i have changed my mind about him .... sign here mr lee please , sort it out delia !!!

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]So says the Evening News today. This would be brilliant news as he will causes defences a shedload of problems at league 1 and championship level. Palace clearly want him off their books and he could be a free transfer or small fee. He clearly wants to live and play in East Anglia where he still lives.[/quote]

So said cityangel on Sat 4th in her ''''Who booed Lee'''' thread, glad he told me before he told the EEN [:)]

[quote user="poor-little-budgie"]

just wait till he gets back on the bottle then see what you think . he didnt get the nickname booze and fags for nothing .

sober ......... fantastic

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]People change Budgie, and I reckon he''s different now. It sounds like he''s come here hungry and wanting to play. I say we feed him [;)]

For the girlies - not bad hey?? [:D]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/Norwich%20City%20Pics/LEE1.png[/img]

i like the work ethic, (i liked hughes'')but i dont know how prolifc he will be for us and whether he is worth a fee. he is a bruiser though and perhaps that alone can make up for it.im very much undecided, i wasnt impressed with him before he cam here though.

just wait till he gets back on the bottle then see what you think . he didnt get the nickname booze and fags for nothing .

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]To be fair Chris, if I had to live and play football in your rubbish tip of a little town, I''d be drinking myself into oblivion most nights as well................

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="poor-little-budgie"]

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]

People change Budgie, and I reckon he''s different now. It sounds like he''s come here hungry and wanting to play. I say we feed him [;)]
[/quote]

I seem to remember John Hartson came to us ''hungry''.....

[quote user="rjwc22"][quote user="AJ"][quote user="poor-little-budgie"]

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]People change Budgie, and I reckon he''s different now. It sounds like he''s come here hungry and wanting to play. I say we feed him [;)][/quote]

I seem to remember John Hartson came to us ''hungry''.....

[/quote]The the kebab shops down Prince of Wales are still living off the profits made during his short stay in the county.

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]

You worry about your season ticket sales tractor_boy and let us worry about Lee [:)]

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]

Don''t worry, we''ll make sure he has an early night before the derby.....

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="poor-little-budgie"]

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]

Don''t worry, we''ll make sure he has an early night before the derby.....

[/quote]

lol and several cans of red bull before the match [:D]

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]

***BINNER ALARM****

[quote user="Smeg"][quote user="poor-little-budgie"]

hung over ......... poor

[/quote]

***BINNER ALARM****

[/quote]

Smelt it earlier [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smeg"] 

***BINNER ALARM****

[/quote]

[/quote]Whoever smelt it, dealt it WAY [:P]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smeg"] 

***BINNER ALARM****

[/quote]

[/quote]
Whoever smelt it, dealt it WAY [:P]
[/quote]

But i''ve not had beans today [:(]

Lee is not a striker who is going to fire a team to the right end of the table , Ipswich have hopes of going up and they wanted shot of him as do Palace after a few months , never was that good in his prime and well past it now .We need better than Alan Lee , much better in fact, and i would only consider a permanent deal if we get relegated , thats about his level these days.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "] Ipswich have hopes of going up and they wanted shot of him
[/quote]

Seems to have gone to plan for them for this season.

I think he would be a useful addition to the squad & was disappointed he didn''t start against Wednesday. He adds the strength we have been lacking since Iwan left & you guarantee defenders hate having to play against him! He wins more than his fair share of headers & could form a good partnership with Mooney &/or Cody.... "Sign Him Up"!

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Lee is not a striker who is going to fire a team to the right end of the table , Ipswich have hopes of going up and they wanted shot of him as do Palace after a few months , never was that good in his prime and well past it now .We need better than Alan Lee , much better in fact, and i would only consider a permanent deal if we get relegated , thats about his level these days.
[/quote]

I am not seeing this at all - have you seen him play?  Admittedly he has not played enough for anyone to think of him as the new Iwan or Newan but think he adds a lot to our team.  Would be great to see better than Lee at the club, maybe Torres or Villa but think this is a step in the right direction after JC and Cort.

It would be a start if Gunn actually played him for 90 minutes at Carrow Road. If he isn''t given enough match practice we''ll never know whether he''s good enough or not!

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]It would be a start if Gunn actually played him for 90 minutes at Carrow Road. If he isn''t given enough match practice we''ll never know whether he''s good enough or not![/quote]

I think Gunn''s hand might be pushed on this a little, the fans were none too pleased when he took so long bringing Lee on on Saturday, and he knew it, mentioned in one or another of his interviews.  As I said last weekend, if we can see things need changing why can''t they?

Lee provides a threat up front that we haven''t seen in a long while in the NC squad.