Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

Another big goal by Lupoli

Big goal last night for Sheffield Utd and Barnsley are spurring all their games in hand. How important could it be, come the end of the season, in letting Cureton go there for a few games...

I wish he was still playing for us. Always looked a threat in the little time he spent on the pitch. Was it Roeder or Gunn who let him go? Cant remember!!

[quote user="Fellas"]Big goal last night for Sheffield Utd and Barnsley are spurring all their games in hand. How important could it be, come the end of the season, in letting Cureton go there for a few games...
[/quote]

Cureton did much  more damage to our chances of staying up by regularly missing open goals for us that he ever did by netting for Barnsley.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Fellas"]Big goal last night for Sheffield Utd and Barnsley are spurring all their games in hand. How important could it be, come the end of the season, in letting Cureton go there for a few games...
[/quote]

Cureton did much  more damage to our chances of staying up by regularly missing open goals for us that he ever did by netting for Barnsley.

[/quote]

doesn''t change the fact that it was a ridiculous decision to loan to another club in this division

[quote user="San Miguel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

doesn''t change the fact that it was a ridiculous decision to loan to another club in this division

[/quote]

I wouldn''t disagree with that.

Depends if any money from him going to Barnsley has allowed us to put something towards getting in better players.

[quote user="GJP"]Depends if any money from him going to Barnsley has allowed us to put something towards getting in better players.[/quote]Well in letting Lupoli go I get the feeling the opposite happened.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

I wish he was still playing for us. Always looked a threat in the little time he spent on the pitch. Was it Roeder or Gunn who let him go? Cant remember!!

[/quote]

Neither, he wanted out!!

Lupolis contribution this season both in terms of goals for us and goals against those around us whilst a Blade is immense for a player who spent half a season on the bench.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

Neither, he wanted out!!

[/quote]Quite right - but why was that I wonder? Always looked a threat when used as an adjunct rather than the main striker and it seemed strange not to play him while we were paying his wages. But I think he was costly - as probably was the under-rated Bell - and we probably would not have had Mooney or Lee if they were still on our books. Or Carney or Killin come to that....

IMO Lupoli was by far the most skilful player at the club.. why the hell he festooned on the bench is anyones guess.. might be something to do with a fondness for a certain american fast food restuarant.... i sees all i does!

jas :)