Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

17 enquiries for the sale of Southampton.

[quote user="Lazza"]I live in Berkshire and work in Hampshire. The ONLY local team football shirts I see being worn are Reading. There are the usual Man U & Chelsea shirts on display as you''d expect in the Thames Valley (but rarely Liverpool for some reason).I can honestly say though that I have NEVER seen anyone wearing either a Portsmouth or Southampton shirt despite visiting both town a few times. The clubs just don''t seem to be that important down here which is probably why they have so much trouble attracting a good crowd for most games. I think the only reason Southampton ever attracted a crowd before is because they had the god that was Le Tissier (everyone must admire him not only for his football skills but also for his devotion to his club).[/quote]I''ve never read such rubbish in my life.Portsmouth shirts are worn EVERYWHERE in Portsmouth, and the same with Southampton in that area. I think someone is telling porkies.

But Norwich City is worth a little bit more than a couple of packs of fags and a gym membership, Jas... and whilst I agree that the recession or ''credit crunch'' is being used a buzz word by the media (I much prefer Charlie Brooker''s ''Moneygeddon!''), its also true that when rich businessmen are trying to keep their companies afloat as sales fall the last thing on their mind is ploughing millions of their readies into a loss-making football club.  And this, as Cam recently highlighted with the link to the article for which he was unfairly lambasted, includes Peter Cullum.To think that Moneygeddon only affects a couple of people who refuse to reduce their outgoings is again being deliberately obtuse.  I know you do like to set yourself up as some kind of hilarious figure of controversy, but really, there''s a point where common sense has to kick in and you have to realise you''re not being contra-vershal, you''re just talking s hit.... [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

I am no Delia apologist but the reason people may be interested in buying Southampton and not us is that they know that the banks may be willing to/have to do a deal on the debt so they would be likely to be able to pick up Saints with a much reduced/no debt moving forward. We are not in admin so the banks would not be uner such pressure to do the same with us.

As for the claim above that Saints have a bigger fan base and/or more potential than Norwich thats just b**locks1

[/quote]

I think the point about potential is that Carrow Road''s capacity is significantly smaller than St Marys.

[/quote]Thats a fair point, if the new Southampton can play at St. Marys.  And that depends on what happens to the holding company.[/quote]What else are you going to do with a football stadium that cost £30m to build?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

I am no Delia apologist but the reason people may be interested in buying Southampton and not us is that they know that the banks may be willing to/have to do a deal on the debt so they would be likely to be able to pick up Saints with a much reduced/no debt moving forward. We are not in admin so the banks would not be uner such pressure to do the same with us.

As for the claim above that Saints have a bigger fan base and/or more potential than Norwich thats just b**locks1

[/quote]

I think the point about potential is that Carrow Road''s capacity is significantly smaller than St Marys.

[/quote]Thats a fair point, if the new Southampton can play at St. Marys.  And that depends on what happens to the holding company.[/quote]What else are you going to do with a football stadium that cost £30m to build?[/quote]Melt it dahn - there''s money in thet. [/paul whitehouse]

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"][quote user="Lazza"]I live in Berkshire and work in Hampshire. The ONLY local team football shirts I see being worn are Reading. There are the usual Man U & Chelsea shirts on display as you''d expect in the Thames Valley (but rarely Liverpool for some reason).I can honestly say though that I have NEVER seen anyone wearing either a Portsmouth or Southampton shirt despite visiting both town a few times. The clubs just don''t seem to be that important down here which is probably why they have so much trouble attracting a good crowd for most games. I think the only reason Southampton ever attracted a crowd before is because they had the god that was Le Tissier (everyone must admire him not only for his football skills but also for his devotion to his club).[/quote]I''ve never read such rubbish in my life.Portsmouth shirts are worn EVERYWHERE in Portsmouth, and the same with Southampton in that area. I think someone is telling porkies.[/quote]Hampshire is a large county you will not see many Pompey shirts in the Farnborough end of Hants which I''d hazard a guess is the end of the county the poster works living as he does in Berks.On another note:

THE administrator trying to sell Saints has had his first face-to-face meeting with a potential buyer.

Mark Fry, from Begbies Traynor, described it as an “initial meeting” with a serious bidder.

He was not able to say who the interested party was or where they were based.

However, Mr Fry revealed that there had now been 34 separate

approaches made since the club’s parent company, Southampton Leisure

Holdings Plc, went into administration last week.

The man whose job it is to now find a buyer for the company last

night told the Daily Echo he has been encouraged by the interest shown,

not only by the number of parties involved, but by the seriousness of

some of their enquiries

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]Stupid statement. Proves that you''re an idiot. Even I get calls from the club about investment and I''m a LOOOOONG way down the possible list I assure you. The club has an entire department who do nothing BUT look for investment. Lets wait and see who these 17 enquiries are shall we.... cos they aint knocking on anyone elses door. If their is one single realistic offer I''ll eat my own nose.17 enquiries.....LOL

[quote user="IBA"] If their is one single realistic offer I''ll eat my own nose.17 enquiries.....LOL[/quote]Would you like fries with that Sir?The Administrator will find a buyer, that''s his job it''s simply a question of price.

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"][quote user="Lazza"]I live in Berkshire and work in Hampshire. The ONLY local team football shirts I see being worn are Reading.
There are the usual Man U & Chelsea shirts on display as you''d expect in the Thames Valley (but rarely Liverpool for some reason).
I can honestly say though that I have NEVER seen anyone wearing either a Portsmouth or Southampton shirt despite visiting both town a few times. The clubs just don''t seem to be that important down here which is probably why they have so much trouble attracting a good crowd for most games. I think the only reason Southampton ever attracted a crowd before is because they had the god that was Le Tissier (everyone must admire him not only for his football skills but also for his devotion to his club).
[/quote]

I''ve never read such rubbish in my life.

Portsmouth shirts are worn EVERYWHERE in Portsmouth, and the same with Southampton in that area. I think someone is telling porkies.
[/quote]

Totally agree, I used to work in Berkshire and there were plenty of Portsmouth and Southampton shirts about on the weekend and night shifts.

What are they actually inviting offers for though. Is it the Football Club? Or the Holding Company? Is there a difference? Could someone bid for one without the other? So many questions.........

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Recession is a buzzword for people who aren''t prepared to do anything to change their situation....

I have managed to cut my out goings by over £150 since the so called "credit crunch" kicked in and am now financially better off as a result..i actualyl laugh when people start going on about it sometimes.

the people who winge the most are the ones who keep their contract phones, by a pack of 40 cigarettes and pay £60 a month at the gym

when a pay as you go phone, 20 fags and £35 a month at the gym will do just the same....

the only thing its harder for people to get is a mortgage and credit.... the Media want us to all think theres no money to cause the "moral panic".. when the reality is far different for some.

jas :)

[/quote]I hate to break it to you mate but you just admitted to being a part of "The Recession". You are spending less money.Most of the rest of the country are spending less money.Shops make less money so they order less stock.Suppliers get less orders so have to freeze/cut wages or lay off staff to cut costs.Employees have less money so they spend less...The economy gets smaller - this is known as a recession. It''s not just a buzzword, it''s an economic fact. It''s not made up by the tabloids, it''s announced by Bank or England when it sees the economy shrink for however many months in a row.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What are they actually inviting offers for though. Is it the Football Club? Or the Holding Company? Is there a difference? Could someone bid for one without the other? So many questions.........

[/quote]BOGOF!!!The holding company must be the ''ultimate domestic owner'' of the football club as registered at Companies House.So it''s a bit like double glazing you buy one you get the other free.The club is a wholly? owned subsidiary (an asset) of the holding co. so could be purchased independently if the holding company was liquidated so could the stadium. Technically one or other of these assets could be realised without liquidating the parent co. but there is no advantage in having a club without a stadium or vice versa so this is highly unlikely. The administrator is under diligence to sell the company as a going concern unless this becomes impossible.

"However, Mr Fry revealed that there had now been 34 separate approaches made since the club’s parent company, Southampton Leisure Holdings Plc, went into administration last week."

Yeah, but one of those was me. I just wanted to see how much they were after.