Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

17 enquiries for the sale of Southampton.

I don''t want Southamptn to fold because it would be tragic for a well supported club with a long history to go like that. The only clubs I would not be unhappy to see folding would be MK Dons cause they should never of been allowed to of formed in the 1st place and the Sc*m cause it would be funny although I''d suspect a new team calling themselves AFC S*ummers would crawl out of the Ips*it gutters to provide us with a local rival!! 

I''d also want to see us survive by producing the goods on the pitch although if Southampton are to be rightfully docked 10 pts (which I''d doubt they will be?) and it helped to keep us up then beggers can''t be choosers!

I don''t think, out of all the possible times in which we could be, we should be sympathetic or feel bad.If they get docked the points, and its that which keeps us up, then bloody well Good Job!Unlucky for them - but do you want it to be them or us?

In an ideal world we''d stay up by our own efforts (and I still think we will). But if it comes down to survival only because another club has a points penalty then so be it - I''d take it. There is an awful lot at stake and it would be foolish to look a gift horse in the mouth.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....

This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)
[/quote]

And compleatly destroys the timid Percy''s arguement of City going into oblivion if Smith and Co were somehow forced out of the club.[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....

This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)
[/quote]

And compleatly destroys the timid Percy''s arguement of City going into oblivion if Smith and Co were somehow forced out of the club.[:|]

[/quote]

Hey Nancy.. do ya reckon that Microsoft guy still has his yacht in the harbour waiting for a better deal [:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey Nancy.. do ya reckon that Microsoft guy still has his yacht in the harbour waiting for a better deal [:^)]

[/quote]

Eh?[:S]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]

[/quote]Absolute tosh.  The reason that people are interested in Southampton is because they are in admin and people want to get them for next to nothing, coming out the other side with little debt and the chance to basically do what they want.  NCFC are fortunately not in the same position, and unfortunately for you Wiz that also means that Delia is in the driving seat when it comes to offers.This has no bearing on whether or not Delia is looking for investors, and just shows that you and your protege will jump on any little point to try and dismiss Delia as a fake and liar.

[quote user="CT "]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]

[/quote]Absolute rubbish I''m afraid, Wiz/CT (Wict?)... compleat (sic) and utter bobbins! The two situations are by no means comparable - the only reason there are investors now willling to put money into Southampton FC is on the understanding or hope that they can negotiate a significant reduction in the debt with Aviva (and we''re talking HUGE reductions here, of the ''pence in the pound'' type that the Scum and Leicester screwed people with) and the other, smaller creditors.  This will mean that the ''cost'' of buying and running the club will be significantly lower than pretty much every other Championship team at present, making them an attractive opportunity for the circling sharks.  Bear in mind that these people do not necessarily have the ''best interests of the club'' in their hearts but are likely seeking an investment opportunity.  With its present levels of (manageable) debt and similarly large operating costs, Norwich City isn''t such an attractive investment.  The type of person who will need to invest in NCFC won''t be looking for a quick profit...Of course you can now argue that administration and relegation could be good for the club, and you may indeed have a case... but would we want to sink so low? Personally, I''d rather struggle on, however much of a ''percy'' or a ''sheep'' that makes me..........

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Absolute rubbish I''m afraid, Wiz/CT (Wict?)... compleat (sic) and utter bobbins! The two situations are by no means comparable - the only reason there are investors now willling to put money into Southampton FC is on the understanding or hope that they can negotiate a significant reduction in the debt with Aviva (and we''re talking HUGE reductions here, of the ''pence in the pound'' type that the Scum and Leicester screwed people with) and the other, smaller creditors.  This will mean that the ''cost'' of buying and running the club will be significantly lower than pretty much every other Championship team at present, making them an attractive opportunity for the circling sharks. 

Bear in mind that these people do not necessarily have the ''best interests of the club'' in their hearts but are likely seeking an investment opportunity.  With its present levels of (manageable) debt and similarly large operating costs, Norwich City isn''t such an attractive investment.  The type of person who will need to invest in NCFC won''t be looking for a quick profit...

Of course you can now argue that administration and relegation could be good for the club, and you may indeed have a case... but would we want to sink so low? Personally, I''d rather struggle on, however much of a ''percy'' or a ''sheep'' that makes me..........
[/quote]

I take all your words on board EM,  but, I''ve always said as a counter arguement to the oblivion merchants, that its almost unheard of for an English proffesional club to just cease to be.

I still stand by that.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Absolute rubbish I''m afraid, Wiz/CT (Wict?)... compleat (sic) and utter bobbins! The two situations are by no means comparable - the only reason there are investors now willling to put money into Southampton FC is on the understanding or hope that they can negotiate a significant reduction in the debt with Aviva (and we''re talking HUGE reductions here, of the ''pence in the pound'' type that the Scum and Leicester screwed people with) and the other, smaller creditors.  This will mean that the ''cost'' of buying and running the club will be significantly lower than pretty much every other Championship team at present, making them an attractive opportunity for the circling sharks. 

Bear in mind that these people do not necessarily have the ''best interests of the club'' in their hearts but are likely seeking an investment opportunity.  With its present levels of (manageable) debt and similarly large operating costs, Norwich City isn''t such an attractive investment.  The type of person who will need to invest in NCFC won''t be looking for a quick profit...

Of course you can now argue that administration and relegation could be good for the club, and you may indeed have a case... but would we want to sink so low? Personally, I''d rather struggle on, however much of a ''percy'' or a ''sheep'' that makes me..........
[/quote]

I take all your words on board EM,  but, I''ve always said as a counter arguement to the oblivion merchants, that its almost unheard of for an English proffesional club to just cease to be.

I still stand by that.

[/quote]

Try Luton in the Cement shoes league next season.

Not gone but very very close.

Is that what you want for city Wiz?

It''s like watching the vultures circle and thinking "oh one of those nice big birds will come and fly me to safety"

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I still stand by that.

[/quote]

But we live in different times, higher wages higher costs etc...where before may be only few have tread Maidstone, Scarborough, Aldershot, Accrington Stanley etc...bigger clubs have come close Leeds Middlesborough etc, it appears only a matter of time before a bigger club goes...all it takes is administration and no investor to be found or a creditor forcing a liquidation rather than taking their 5p in the pound both far more likely I''d have thought in the present economic climate

I still stand by that.

[/quote]Accrington; Burton Swifts; Burton United; Burton Wanderers; Leeds City; Middlesbrough Ironopolis; New Brighton Tower; Rotherham County; South Shields; Thames; Wigan Borough...And that''s without including the Welsh ones - Merthyr Town and Aberdare Athletic...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Wiz - would you be happy with administration if it meant our club changed ownership?

[/quote]

In a word nutty? yes.

I really believe and have always said thats the only way we''ll ever be free of Smith, Jones and Doncaster................then we can rebuild.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

I still stand by that.

[/quote]

Accrington; Burton Swifts; Burton United; Burton Wanderers; Leeds City; Middlesbrough Ironopolis; New Brighton Tower; Rotherham County; South Shields; Thames; Wigan Borough...

And that''s without including the Welsh ones - Merthyr Town and Aberdare Athletic...

[/quote]

What part of my highlighted quote didn''t you get?.............not one of the outfits you mentioned are a full time pro club and you knew damn well what I meant!

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I still stand by that.

[/quote]

But we live in different times, higher wages higher costs etc...where before may be only few have tread Maidstone, Scarborough, Aldershot, Accrington Stanley etc...bigger clubs have come close Leeds Middlesborough etc, it appears only a matter of time before a bigger club goes...all it takes is administration and no investor to be found or a creditor forcing a liquidation rather than taking their 5p in the pound both far more likely I''d have thought in the present economic climate

[/quote]

This is so true, but dear old Wiz with his head in the sand still keeps saying ''It hasn''t happened yet'', and obviously is isn''t going to.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

I still stand by that.

[/quote]Accrington; Burton Swifts; Burton United; Burton Wanderers; Leeds City; Middlesbrough Ironopolis; New Brighton Tower; Rotherham County; South Shields; Thames; Wigan Borough...And that''s without including the Welsh ones - Merthyr Town and Aberdare Athletic...[/quote]

What part of my highlighted quote didn''t you get?.............not one of the outfits you mentioned are a full time pro club and you knew damn well what I meant!

[/quote]Lighten up, Wiz. I was just having a bit of fun. But, as it happens, they WERE full-time professional clubs at the time they went belly up and ceased to exist. We played Merthyr Town 20 times, Aberdare Athletic 12 times, and Thames four times.

You could potentially add York City to that list. Having spent most of their history in the leagues they now look like being relegated from the Conference. All since the owner ran out of money, sold to a new guy who ran out of money and now still (I think) run by the Supporters'' Trust. Makes you wonder what else they can possibly do - they''ve tried almost every avenue of ownership!But here''s a question for any of you who "just want Delia out at any cost (including administration)...":Currently it seems that Graeme Souness who managed Southampton for one season is fronting a consortium looking at picking the club up on the cheap. One season he was there for - hardly a hero. Now what if we were in that position and a certain Mr Roeder tried the same thing with us, picking us up on the cheap like a sordid second? Would that be better than Delia?I ask only out of interest you understand.

[quote user="LQ"]You could potentially add York City to that list. Having spent most of their history in the leagues they now look like being relegated from the Conference. All since the owner ran out of money, sold to a new guy who ran out of money and now still (I think) run by the Supporters'' Trust. Makes you wonder what else they can possibly do - they''ve tried almost every avenue of ownership!

But here''s a question for any of you who "just want Delia out at any cost (including administration)...":

Currently it seems that Graeme Souness who managed Southampton for one season is fronting a consortium looking at picking the club up on the cheap. One season he was there for - hardly a hero. Now what if we were in that position and a certain Mr Roeder tried the same thing with us, picking us up on the cheap like a sordid second? Would that be better than Delia?

I ask only out of interest you understand.

[/quote]

Ah, the dreaded ''what if'' debate.............tis an empty purse LQ

It''s not though. It''s perfectly feasible - as feasible as Souness going in for Soton and that has happened!

[quote user="LQ"]It''s not though. It''s perfectly feasible - as feasible as Souness going in for Soton and that has happened!

[/quote]

At this point in time its still filed under ''what if''.

And your source for Souness is?

[quote user="LQ"]It''s not though. It''s perfectly feasible - as feasible as Souness going in for Soton and that has happened!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is your what if any different from Delia leaving and a what if turning up to replace her?

You are an enigma wrapped in a conundrum Wiz. Which way is the wind blowing today , off the sea?

Thank you Butler - that was precisely my point!It seems to me that if we are indeed in the middle of the greatest recession since the thirties we are all about to see changes in what could be termed the luxuries of our lives. Heading that list has got to be the number of people seriously able not only to buy, but to continually fund a football club. Many may have turned up in the past, picking up clubs on the cheap and running them on bare bones budgets but now even that feels like luxury. There are no guarantees anymore - not in life and certainly not in football.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Wiz - would you be happy with administration if it meant our club changed ownership?

[/quote]

In a word nutty? yes.

I really believe and have always said thats the only way we''ll ever be free of Smith, Jones and Doncaster................then we can rebuild.

[/quote]

So Wiz Whittington my friend... how do you reconcile your contempt of Aviva for apparently not caring about Norwich and the people who live here with your readiness to see local businesses get mugged off for 5p in the pound to get a change of ownership at your football club. Whether that change would be better is very much a "what if" anyway. Remember those dreaded words "Anyone would be better than Worthy"?

As for pro clubs who went under, what about Oxford United ?  Cambridge United come to that.  Both lost their league status as a result of poor financial control and the inability to find a buyer who could meet their debts.

In their situation everyone is "motivated" to do a deal.This is why ironically low interest rates can be bad for the economy over a cycle as the boat may be sinking but the water comes in slower so they can paddle alow a bit longer and widening the bid ask spread (large gap between what you want and what you can get).When admin comes if it does everyone can sit down and draw up a plan that is the best for the creditors if they loose out then its their fault for lending so much money.It will be a relief once it has all been done.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="CT "]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]

[/quote]Absolute rubbish I''m afraid, Wiz/CT (Wict?)... compleat (sic) and utter bobbins! The two situations are by no means comparable - the only reason there are investors now willling to put money into Southampton FC is on the understanding or hope that they can negotiate a significant reduction in the debt with Aviva (and we''re talking HUGE reductions here, of the ''pence in the pound'' type that the Scum and Leicester screwed people with) and the other, smaller creditors.  This will mean that the ''cost'' of buying and running the club will be significantly lower than pretty much every other Championship team at present, making them an attractive opportunity for the circling sharks.  Bear in mind that these people do not necessarily have the ''best interests of the club'' in their hearts but are likely seeking an investment opportunity.  With its present levels of (manageable) debt and similarly large operating costs, Norwich City isn''t such an attractive investment.  The type of person who will need to invest in NCFC won''t be looking for a quick profit...Of course you can now argue that administration and relegation could be good for the club, and you may indeed have a case... but would we want to sink so low? Personally, I''d rather struggle on, however much of a ''percy'' or a ''sheep'' that makes me..........[/quote]Precisely my position.  How could I be PROUD of my club if it lived beyond its means and then screwed over its creditors.I want to wear the shirt with pride, not shame.   That pride comes almost as much from the example the club sets as it does from the success it has on the pitch.Don''t get me wrong, Successful and Run Proper is the dream, but if only one then a long run or mediocrity while Run Proper is preferable to the shooting star form of success that comes from not being run proper.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is your what if any different from Delia leaving and a what if turning up to replace her?

You are an enigma wrapped in a conundrum Wiz. Which way is the wind blowing today , off the sea?

[/quote]

No Butler, and I don''t believe I''ve ever argued that case, have I?[8-)]