Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

17 enquiries for the sale of Southampton.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]dear old Wiz [/quote]

Sweet talk me all night waz, but I''m still not sleeping with you![;)]

[/quote]

Warlocks [6]

[quote user="canaryman"]why can''t we get a buyer then, you are talking rubbish Ohh Lee Power[/quote]

Not about football but the chap at Norfolk County Council waxes eloquent upon this problem (not Norwich per se, Norfolk in general).

"We do everything we can to attract people to the county.  There are two major problems: they think we are the arse end of nowhere and then they look on the map and see we don''t have a motorway link and they say they need to be between some a and b and we can''t do that.  Most of them then go the Midlands.

"We had a major company willing to come to us who had a daily outpouring of freight which would have needed additional sidings at one of our stations.  The railway company quoted a price which was acceptable but then said they couldn''t guarantee the track paths the company wanted which was no good to someone dealing with perishable stuff.  We tried to put pressure on the railway but they wouldn''t budge.  In the end they went off to Nottinghamshire because their railway co said: "With that volume of traffic we will alter the timetable."

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CT "][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....

This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)
[/quote]

That''s actually a very good point. If they can find 17 potential investors, why can''t we?[/quote]CT IN GOOD POINT SHOCK!?[:O][/quote]It would be a good point if it was correct.......but it''s not!

Unless you can show us how an ''enquiry'' is the same as a ''potential investor''!

[/quote]

Neil doncaster has said that "no one wants to buy  a championship club" so if 1 person buys Southampton then Neil Doncaster is wrong, isn;t he? 1 person is not "no one"

and 17 enquiries about buying the Saints... they are only going to be enquiries from people serious enough to want to buy the club...

what makes Southampton, a team with a stadium of similar size, with similar fan base and History to Norwich City more appealing? or is it just someone isnt ready to sell the toy yet?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CT "][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....

This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)
[/quote]

That''s actually a very good point. If they can find 17 potential investors, why can''t we?[/quote]CT IN GOOD POINT SHOCK!?[:O][/quote]It would be a good point if it was correct.......but it''s not!

Unless you can show us how an ''enquiry'' is the same as a ''potential investor''!

[/quote]

Neil doncaster has said that "no one wants to buy  a championship club" so if 1 person buys Southampton then Neil Doncaster is wrong, isn;t he? 1 person is not "no one"

and 17 enquiries about buying the Saints... they are only going to be enquiries from people serious enough to want to buy the club...

what makes Southampton, a team with a stadium of similar size, with similar fan base and History to Norwich City more appealing? or is it just someone isnt ready to sell the toy yet?

[/quote]

Southampton has a much bigger fan base than Norwich and a stadium with a capacity which is almost a third bigger than Carra Rd.

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CT "][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Southampton has a much bigger fan base than Norwich and a stadium with a capacity which is almost a third bigger than Carra Rd.

[/quote]

Southampton dont sell out their stadium.. they get similar crowds to us....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CT "][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Investors look for potential though.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="CT "][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]That is the problem, yet also the beauty, of Norfolk though Cam.[/quote]

Absolutely agreed.  I wouldn''t want to see Norfolk bisected by swathes of motorway either but the the downside of that, apparently, is that makes it harder to get companies in.  As to quality of life there probably isn''t really a debate.

Will Southampton FC own their stadium?It''s the parent company that have gone into administration and I''d expect the parent company to be the owners of the stadium and probably any training facilities & academy they might have.So does anyone know what a buyer of Southampton FC will actually get? A team of players and membership to the FA I guess - anything else?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="STAR IN THE HOOD"]That is the problem, yet also the beauty, of Norfolk though Cam.[/quote]

Absolutely agreed.  I wouldn''t want to see Norfolk bisected by swathes of motorway either but the the downside of that, apparently, is that makes it harder to get companies in.  As to quality of life there probably isn''t really a debate.

[/quote]

It''s a Catch 22 situation - not enough traffic to Norfolk either via Kings Lynn or from the south to justify building a motorway but companies are prohibited from locating to Norfolk because of the lack of motorways. I have been travelling to Norfolk for longer than I care to remember and the journey is still a nightmare.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]There are not 17 enquiries from people ''serious'' about buying the club. Only two are ''serious'' enough to warrant further consideration and they are both from consortiums fronted by ex-managers who want the debts zeroed so they pick the club up for next to nothing. Once some due dilligence is gone into and they find out what they''re getting for their money they could disappear too!

[quote user="Lazza"]Will Southampton FC own their stadium?
It''s the parent company that have gone into administration and I''d expect the parent company to be the owners of the stadium and probably any training facilities & academy they might have.
So does anyone know what a buyer of Southampton FC will actually get? A team of players and membership to the FA I guess - anything else?
[/quote]

And with that you answer Jas''s question. A buyer of SFC gets fan good will, a bunch of player contracts, bits & bobs of kit, sponsorship contracts and a Football League share. What do you reckon that is worth, probably £4m-£5m tops? A buyer of Southampton Holdings has to pick up as much of the debt that the receiver can squeeze out of them & all the physical assets (stadia, training ground etc). Probably cost anything up to £30m. I suspect no takers for this, unless largely written off.

A buyer of NCFC would need to buy both the infrastructure & the team with no prospect of a debt right off and pay a premium as the club is at least a going concern, say c£36m. I guess no takers for this is about right.

Now then Jas, that wasn''t too hard was it?

[quote]And with that you answer Jas''s question. A buyer of SFC gets fan good

will, a bunch of player contracts, bits & bobs of kit, sponsorship

contracts and a Football League share. What do you reckon that is

worth, probably £4m-£5m tops?[/quote]The price will vary according to which league they kick off in, I''d imagine.  Speculators might consider a team 1 step from the Prem to be worth a punt, with all the TV money that goes with being there.  Less likely if they are league 1 next season. Either way this feels a long way away from Paul Allen(former number 2 at Microsoft)s'' interest in them of last season.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]And with that you answer Jas''s question. A buyer of SFC gets fan good will, a bunch of player contracts, bits & bobs of kit, sponsorship contracts and a Football League share. What do you reckon that is worth, probably £4m-£5m tops?[/quote]

The price will vary according to which league they kick off in, I''d imagine.  Speculators might consider a team 1 step from the Prem to be worth a punt, with all the TV money that goes with being there.  Less likely if they are league 1 next season.

Either way this feels a long way away from Paul Allen(former number 2 at Microsoft)s'' interest in them of last season.
[/quote]

Allen is Saints'' Peter Cullum - wishful thinking, media hype & not serious

I am no Delia apologist but the reason people may be interested in buying Southampton and not us is that they know that the banks may be willing to/have to do a deal on the debt so they would be likely to be able to pick up Saints with a much reduced/no debt moving forward. We are not in admin so the banks would not be uner such pressure to do the same with us.

As for the claim above that Saints have a bigger fan base and/or more potential than Norwich thats just b**locks1

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

I am no Delia apologist but the reason people may be interested in buying Southampton and not us is that they know that the banks may be willing to/have to do a deal on the debt so they would be likely to be able to pick up Saints with a much reduced/no debt moving forward. We are not in admin so the banks would not be uner such pressure to do the same with us.

As for the claim above that Saints have a bigger fan base and/or more potential than Norwich thats just b**locks1

[/quote]

I think the point about potential is that Carrow Road''s capacity is significantly smaller than St Marys.

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

I think the point about potential is that Carrow Road''s capacity is significantly smaller than St Marys.

[/quote]Thats a fair point, if the new Southampton can play at St. Marys.  And that depends on what happens to the holding company.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Nice one Jim ! I don''t quite know how to put this without upsetting you even more so please try not to take it the wrong way (as the actress said to the bishop) but Southampton is a much bigger city than Norwich and this coupled to the surrounding populations does in fact mean that Southampton does have a much bigger potential fan base than Norwich. I think Soton Fc is a crap club with fickle fans but I cannot deny the above facts.

[quote user="Al Guido"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

Nice one Jim ! I don''t quite know how to put this without upsetting you even more so please try not to take it the wrong way (as the actress said to the bishop) but Southampton is a much bigger city than Norwich and this coupled to the surrounding populations does in fact mean that Southampton does have a much bigger potential fan base than Norwich. I think Soton Fc is a crap club with fickle fans but I cannot deny the above facts.

[/quote]Southampton has a population of approx 10% more than Norwich.Although the population of Hampshire is 70% higher than the population of Norfolk, Hampshire boasts an established Premier team (Portsmouth) besides Championship Soton so Soton do not enjoy status of being the only top two league team in the County unlike Norwich.The difference in size of City is not particularly large between Norwich and Southampton.Southampton and Portsmouth compete for fans in the same catchment area.

Rupert Lowe was interviewed on Sky News Business programme last night. If I remember correctly he claimed that when he left Southampton they had no bank debt. When he returned they had used £6.3m  of a £5m facility with Barclays. In addition the player costs were too high.

After he returned they got the bank debt down to £5m and then Barclays asked for the debt to be reduced to £4m just like that!

Apparently Norwich Union / Aviva who had a much bigger debt were easier to deal with.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

There are not 17 enquiries from people ''serious'' about buying the club. Only two are ''serious'' enough to warrant further consideration and they are both from consortiums fronted by ex-managers who want the debts zeroed so they pick the club up for next to nothing. Once some due dilligence is gone into and they find out what they''re getting for their money they could disappear too!

[/quote]

thank you Delia... so.. when are you going to attract 17 calls about the club?

I saw some snippets of the Rupert Lowe interview yesterday and I have to say how much of a c*nt the man is, seemingly unable to acknowledge that he has made errors and instead ''sharing the blame throughout the whole club'', which I''d imagine hasn''t impressed the tea lady.  He also said the fans don''t like him because of his name and because he''s a toff.  No, its because you''re a tw@t, sunshine!Anyways... Jas, there''s quite a clear reason why there haven''t been as many enquiries for NCFC than Southampton (34 at last count, according to the administrators) and its been said again and again on this thread, so I can only assume you''re being deliberately obtuse - they''re in Administration, we are not.  Their debts are being negotiated and the majority of those interested parties will be looking to pick the club up on the cheap.  NCFC are still a going concern, despite Wiz''s wishes, and so cost a hell of a lot more.  And do I even have to mention the word ''recession''??This thread should have died days ago....

I live in Berkshire and work in Hampshire. The ONLY local team football shirts I see being worn are Reading. There are the usual Man U & Chelsea shirts on display as you''d expect in the Thames Valley (but rarely Liverpool for some reason).I can honestly say though that I have NEVER seen anyone wearing either a Portsmouth or Southampton shirt despite visiting both town a few times. The clubs just don''t seem to be that important down here which is probably why they have so much trouble attracting a good crowd for most games. I think the only reason Southampton ever attracted a crowd before is because they had the god that was Le Tissier (everyone must admire him not only for his football skills but also for his devotion to his club).

[quote user="Lazza"]I live in Berkshire and work in Hampshire. The ONLY local team football shirts I see being worn are Reading.
There are the usual Man U & Chelsea shirts on display as you''d expect in the Thames Valley (but rarely Liverpool for some reason).
I can honestly say though that I have NEVER seen anyone wearing either a Portsmouth or Southampton shirt despite visiting both town a few times. The clubs just don''t seem to be that important down here which is probably why they have so much trouble attracting a good crowd for most games. I think the only reason Southampton ever attracted a crowd before is because they had the god that was Le Tissier (everyone must admire him not only for his football skills but also for his devotion to his club).
[/quote]

I live in Southampton and travel a great deal around Hampshire - Basingstoke, Andover, Winchester, Salisbury (Wilts of course) etc - and I often see people wearing Southampton shirts. Having said that, I''m not sure what the point is anyway. I''m an ardent Norwich fan, have been all my life, and I don''t even own a Norwich shirt !

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I saw some snippets of the Rupert Lowe interview yesterday and I have to say how much of a c*nt the man is, seemingly unable to acknowledge that he has made errors and instead ''sharing the blame throughout the whole club'', which I''d imagine hasn''t impressed the tea lady.  He also said the fans don''t like him because of his name and because he''s a toff.  No, its because you''re a tw@t, sunshine!

Anyways... Jas, there''s quite a clear reason why there haven''t been as many enquiries for NCFC than Southampton (34 at last count, according to the administrators) and its been said again and again on this thread, so I can only assume you''re being deliberately obtuse - they''re in Administration, we are not.  Their debts are being negotiated and the majority of those interested parties will be looking to pick the club up on the cheap.  NCFC are still a going concern, despite Wiz''s wishes, and so cost a hell of a lot more.  And do I even have to mention the word ''recession''??

This thread should have died days ago....
[/quote]

Recession is a buzzword for people who aren''t prepared to do anything to change their situation....

I have managed to cut my out goings by over £150 since the so called "credit crunch" kicked in and am now financially better off as a result..i actualyl laugh when people start going on about it sometimes.

the people who winge the most are the ones who keep their contract phones, by a pack of 40 cigarettes and pay £60 a month at the gym

when a pay as you go phone, 20 fags and £35 a month at the gym will do just the same....

the only thing its harder for people to get is a mortgage and credit.... the Media want us to all think theres no money to cause the "moral panic".. when the reality is far different for some.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I saw some snippets of the Rupert Lowe interview yesterday and I have to say how much of a c*nt the man is, seemingly unable to acknowledge that he has made errors and instead ''sharing the blame throughout the whole club'', which I''d imagine hasn''t impressed the tea lady.  He also said the fans don''t like him because of his name and because he''s a toff.  No, its because you''re a tw@t, sunshine!Anyways... Jas, there''s quite a clear reason why there haven''t been as many enquiries for NCFC than Southampton (34 at last count, according to the administrators) and its been said again and again on this thread, so I can only assume you''re being deliberately obtuse - they''re in Administration, we are not.  Their debts are being negotiated and the majority of those interested parties will be looking to pick the club up on the cheap.  NCFC are still a going concern, despite Wiz''s wishes, and so cost a hell of a lot more.  And do I even have to mention the word ''recession''??This thread should have died days ago....[/quote]

Recession is a buzzword for people who aren''t prepared to do anything to change their situation....

I have managed to cut my out goings by over £150 since the so called "credit crunch" kicked in and am now financially better off as a result..i actualyl laugh when people start going on about it sometimes.

the people who winge the most are the ones who keep their contract phones, by a pack of 40 cigarettes and pay £60 a month at the gym

when a pay as you go phone, 20 fags and £35 a month at the gym will do just the same....

the only thing its harder for people to get is a mortgage and credit.... the Media want us to all think theres no money to cause the "moral panic".. when the reality is far different for some.

[/quote]

[url]http://frogstar.com/files/wav/twilzone.wav[/url]  [:P]