Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

17 enquiries for the sale of Southampton.

Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!!

I can''t understand how anyone can not want them to have points deducted. They deserve it and it will help us. is a no brainer. In an ideal world I would rather we stayed up without any such help but this is not and ideal world and I will take any help we can get!

If they are not deducted 10 points I will be livid.

[quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)

[quote user="CT "]This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]QED.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....

This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)
[/quote]

That''s actually a very good point. If they can find 17 potential investors, why can''t we?

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....

This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)
[/quote]

That''s actually a very good point. If they can find 17 potential investors, why can''t we?

[/quote]

To be fair though I suspect these investors (most of which are probably time wasters anyway) are only interested if NU are prepared to do a deal on the debt. The admin brings them to the table. I would be amazed if any of them are still interested if they have to take on the full £30m debt. There is no reason for our banks to do such a deal with a potential buyer.

[/quote]Could be any number of factors - one of which is probably that these 17 parties are looking to get the club for nothing, whilst Delia is probably asking for money for her shares...

The latest news from the administrator is that they have had 19 inquiries but only 2 are even vaguely serious and these will depend on heavy reductions on the current liabilities.

[/quote]

I wonder if the expensive shops are enjoying lots of bustling buyers right now? I doubt it. The crowds are more likely scanning the newspapers for jumble sales. That''s symbolic of what Southampton FC represents at the moment.

[quote user="CT "]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]It proves nothing of the kind. Yankee likened what is happening at Southampton to a jumble sale. I''d say it''s more like a fire sale. But whatever the analogy, there is no comparison with the situation at Norwich.

[quote user="LQ"]The latest news from the administrator is that they have had 19 inquiries but only 2 are even vaguely serious and these will depend on heavy reductions on the current liabilities.

[/quote]Does that mean that the other 17 were just from wacky funsters after a jape, like when Y''Army wrote to offer a 50p bid for some Ipswich players when they were in the shit? (or something like that) [:D]

As noted the only way one of these potential investors will get further with their interest is if Norwich Union drop the amount they want for their debt.  Given that NU will have to employ all sorts of accountants and lawyers to undertake due diligence on any such deal, you can see at least £2 million being required BY NU before they even consider doing a deal.  And then there are the super creditors, the players, who techincally at the moment are probably not getting paid outright and have to be paid off for Soton not to bring the wrath of the FA down on them.  And HMRC on behalf of HM Government too.  It doesn''t mean a deal cannot be done but I estimate it will take at least £7 million being offered by an investor before the administrators will start to talk to them.

I still think Portsmouth are looking for a new stadium though and can''t help thinking there''s a ready made deal for their overseas investor here.  Southmouth / Portshampton anyone?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CT "]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]It proves nothing of the kind. Yankee likened what is happening at Southampton to a jumble sale. I''d say it''s more like a fire sale. But whatever the analogy, there is no comparison with the situation at Norwich.[/quote]No there is no comparison - they own most of their squad........

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CT "]

[/quote]

It proves nothing of the kind. Yankee likened what is happening at Southampton to a jumble sale. I''d say it''s more like a fire sale. But whatever the analogy, there is no comparison with the situation at Norwich.[/quote]

No there is no comparison - they own most of their squad........
[/quote]

Only until the transfer window opens....

[quote user="Mange Tout"]

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CT "]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]It proves nothing of the kind. Yankee likened what is happening at Southampton to a jumble sale. I''d say it''s more like a fire sale. But whatever the analogy, there is no comparison with the situation at Norwich.[/quote]No there is no comparison - they own most of their squad........[/quote]

[/quote]Not to mention that they pretty much have their squad on loan from the people they owe the £30million to at the moment. The difference is whilst we send the loanees back they are stuck with them and possibly getting into more debt.Its a bit like claiming you own you house outright when you have a mortgage. I am under no illusion - I have a mortgage and that means the bank effectively owns the percentage of the house that I haven''t yet paid for.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Mange Tout"]

[quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CT "]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]It proves nothing of the kind. Yankee likened what is happening at Southampton to a jumble sale. I''d say it''s more like a fire sale. But whatever the analogy, there is no comparison with the situation at Norwich.[/quote]No there is no comparison - they own most of their squad........[/quote]

[/quote]Not to mention that they pretty much have their squad on loan from the people they owe the £30million to at the moment. The difference is whilst we send the loanees back they are stuck with them and possibly getting into more debt.Its a bit like claiming you own you house outright when you have a mortgage. I am under no illusion - I have a mortgage and that means the bank effectively owns the percentage of the house that I haven''t yet paid for.

[/quote]So what''s the betting that they are all shiny and ship-shape in time to roll next season - whilst we are still fudging along with a team of loons? T''will be interesting to see methinks[:)]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]It also shows at times when investment is needed that there are people out there....This proves that Delia is not looking hard enough for an investor (or not at all)[/quote]

[/quote]CT IN GOOD POINT SHOCK!?[:O]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="CT "][quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]

[/quote]

That''s actually a very good point. If they can find 17 potential investors, why can''t we?[/quote]CT IN GOOD POINT SHOCK!?[:O][/quote]It would be a good point if it was correct.......but it''s not!

Unless you can show us how an ''enquiry'' is the same as a ''potential investor''!

It proves that there are people out there who are interested. This just goes to show that Delia has not tried hard enough. If there are people willing to invest in Soton then there are people willing to invest in us. An inquiry in us would be a lot more closer to investment than the old bint going off on one at the RN show....

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Mange Tout"]

[/quote]Well if we use your analogy chicken we have a £20m mortgage but only half a house.[:(]

Mark Fry, the Administrator, said last night that he regarded only two of them "as serious contenders at this stage."  He said that would-be investors have only around a month to save the club.  Quite a number of expressions of interest came from supporters, or groups of supporters, but he said he thought it unlikely that any of them were capable of raising "the sort of finance we are talking about within that time scale."

The local paper say the two "serious contenders" are believed to be two different groups of local businessmen.  Lowe has already said he does not have the necessary finance to be involved.

Mr Fry said: "While the interest is welcome we are a very long way from moving forward as things stand.  Obviously I am hopeful but club supporters should not really get their hopes up simply because of the numbers who say they are interested.  I fear that many will not stand up to rigid financial investigation."

Mr Fry also said that if the Football League go ahead with a points deduction the Administrators will challenge the decision in the High Court and have already briefed lawyers to act for them if that happens.

[quote user="CT "]It proves that there are people out there who are interested. This just goes to show that Delia has not tried hard enough. If there are people willing to invest in Soton then there are people willing to invest in us.
An inquiry in us would be a lot more closer to investment than the old bint going off on one at the RN show....
[/quote]

Most of them are akin to you offering to take over City CT. Could you afford it out of your student loan?

Or NCISA or any other of the supporters groups, desperate to save the club but without the necessary werewithall to achieve it.

Even the two more likely investors want the debt renegotiated (good old NU again) so it appears they haven''t got the funds either.

I know economics may not figure high on your student worries BUT at present there is little "free" money out here and finding someone with enough spare to finance a football club (in a manner better than it''s become accustomed to) is like hunting for rocking horse droppings for your roses!

Never mind another bash at DS will always find takers on this site ( before you start I want them out but ONLY when someone else is available)

[quote user="CT "]It proves that there are people out there who are interested. This just goes to show that Delia has not tried hard enough. If there are people willing to invest in Soton then there are people willing to invest in us. An inquiry in us would be a lot more closer to investment than the old bint going off on one at the RN show....[/quote]Sorry, CT but your logic is not only very simplified, but as others have pointed out, likely to be totally false. Do you genuinely believe that DS+MWJ selling their shares and Soton''s administration is comparable (at the current time at least)?

[quote user="Mange Tout"]

[/quote]They own quite a lot of other peoples squads as well!Alot of their better (paid) players are on loan at other clubs while southampton them selves have youngsters, both theirs and others playing for them.

[quote user="ohh uhh lee power"]Good news if you ask me. As a football fan no one wants to see a club collapse and become no longer. I for one don''t want them to have points deducted. If we are going to stay up we should do it on the field not because someone else has lost points!![/quote]Great news, doesn''t matter if it helps to get us relegated at least we''re taking the moral high ground

We''ll see what happens tomorrow regarding the 10 pt deduction. If there is an appeal, it could take time which the club cannot afford anyway. Can''t help thinking that with or without the points issue, Southampton will be the first over the edge. Football has been living beyond its means for way too long and sooner or later the market corrects itself, you simply cannot sustain running a loss making venture indefinitely and it''s also a matter of time before we join them on the scrapheap unless there is some serious cost cutting or financial input.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="Mange Tout"]

[/quote]Well if we use your analogy chicken we have a £20m mortgage but only half a house.[:(][/quote]That is rather a strange interpritation of what I said. I was merely pointing out that the reason why they are going bust is the £30million. If they go into administration the players effectively become owned by those who the debt is owed to - which is why I compared it to a mortgage (which is a loan of sorts). And considering that these parties would only be interested in re-couping the money owed you may as well kiss goodbye to those players.However there is one benefit in that they actually have the players to sell which could yet save them.However going into administration, if handled the right way, can be a good thing. Especially if they managed to get debts written off etc. However - if you are able to choose, it is far better to go into administration when you know you are safe rather than when you are battling over the millions in difference between staying up and going down.The other problem we have is that how many of our players are worth that much? Marshall and Clingan are probably the only two you would get much for.But when all is said and done I would much rather be where we are than where Southampton are. They may well have all of their own players but why? Because they couldn''t even afford loan players and instead have their youth team. Sure we could do the same but look what it has cost them and it looks as though that the most valuable and saleable players are those that have come from that stock of players. Sound good? Not if you look at what they would have left when they are gone? Not much - you would be down to the accademy players, 15, 16, 17 year olds rather than 18,19 year olds. Lads who have not yet played a reserve team game, maybe not even against fully grown men and you''re sending them out against league one opposition, that is a horrible prospect.

[quote user="canaries"]ok then why have we had 16 loan players this season hardly wealthy are we.[/quote]That would be a fair point, if it wasn''t for the fact it''s completely illogical. 16 loan players costs absolutely nothing, then? Of course, we''re not financially great, and i agree with you. But to suggest 16 loan players represents being unwealthy isn''t really feasible - if we''d got 2 loan players, and filled the rest with our kids, then you''d have a point.

Reports tonight say that Graeme Souness is involved in one of two consortiums interested in buying Southampton.  Current offers seem to be around the £15m mark.  This does not include either the Stadium or the club training ground.