Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

School boy could make Ipswich debut.

From the beeb.

"Striker Connor Wickham will become Ipswich Town''s youngest ever player if he features in Saturday''s home game against Doncaster Rovers. Wickham will be just 16 years and 11 days old on Saturday".

..........................I for one hope he''s turns out to be useless!!

They keep finding young kids who love playing against us. 

How much on him to score in the derby?

An alternative view is that JM has had all season to pick him but waits until the boy is selected by England U16s to an Easter tournement to pull him out of that (who wouldn''t want to away with England?) to probably at best warm the bench.  I''m sure the palyer is absolutely delighted to miss out on England.  Still we don''t have any other young players that we could try out now that JM has f***d up the season by being clueless - he has sent them all out on loan!

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

From the beeb.

"Striker Connor Wickham will become Ipswich Town''s youngest ever player if he features in Saturday''s home game against Doncaster Rovers. Wickham will be just 16 years and 11 days old on Saturday".

[/quote]

Sammy clingans studs on the young lads knees.. welcome to professional football lad!

wheres Norman Hunter when you bloody well need him!

"just making sure he felt it ref!"

that will learn him ;)

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

From the beeb.

[/quote]

Sammy clingans studs on the young lads knees.. welcome to professional football lad!

wheres Norman Hunter when you bloody well need him!

"just making sure he felt it ref!"

that will learn him ;)

[/quote]

Bit harsh Jas! Danny Haynes yes, but a boy yet to take his GCSEs? harsh! 

Thats a point actually, shouldnt he be revising?

hardly harsh! if the boy cant take playing a mans game then he''s better off out of it! get stuck on him and welcome him to professional football! if he wants to play the game he takes the hits.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

hardly harsh! if the boy cant take playing a mans game then he''s better off out of it! get stuck on him and welcome him to professional football! if he wants to play for Ipswich he takes the hits.

[/quote]

Slightly modified. I think it reads a bit better!

hardly harsh! if the boy cant take playing a mans game then he''s better off out of it! get stuck on him and welcome him to professional football! if he wants to play the game he takes the hits.

[/quote]

And how are the dark ages these days, Jas?

This "they don''t like it up ''em" attitude has been the ruin of English football since the rest of the world moved on (in about 1970). Do you think Brazillians, Argentinians, French, Spanish and Dutch sit around discussing how they can rake their studs down that poncy winger''s thigh, then boot the ball as hard as they can into the mixer for the big man to nod one in?

Spain don''t have a single player capable of bullying, but brush other teams aside with patience, movement and skill. Let''s hope this boy, and all the others of a similar age, will be able to play their way out of trouble. Although not against us.

[/quote]

Theres a different between going in hard on somebody and running studs down somebodies knee!  I wouldnt wish that on any player other than Kevin Muscat, and would not want any player - good or not - if they were looking to put other professionals at risk like that.

I am not adverse to the idea of giving the kid a few bruises, but cruciate ligament damage is a different story all together, and what goes around comes around..... I hope that the kid is awful for Ipswich dont get me wrong, but going in to take him out of the game is the cowards way, we should be looking to pass around him.....

I heard Connor Wickham is a big lad, a lot bigger than Sammy so I would suggest caution on that front.

[quote user="Turbot"]I heard Connor Wickham is a big lad, a lot bigger than Sammy so I would suggest caution on that front.
[/quote]

I dont think it even needs to be discussed, Sammy Clingan is too good to even need to think about taking him out of the game, and with Wickham being a striker it is up to Shackell and Doherty to deal with him anyway..... oh dear!

Deary me, what have NCFC become that the fans talk about hacking a 16 year old school kid to win a game?  Are we that bad, that this is our only strategy?  What have we become?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Deary me, what have NCFC become that the fans talk about hacking a 16 year old school kid to win a game?  Are we that bad, that this is our only strategy?  What have we become?[/quote]

I cant see ''fans'' talking about hacking a 16 year old..... I see one person saying it in a throwaway comment....