Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Crunch Weekend

This weekend is crucial to our survival and i think will tell us where we''ll be next season.Swansea is going to be very hard on saturday as they outplayed us at home, and a team that passes the ball better than us always causes us problems, we get beat at our own game. If we do lose thats 2 losses on the spin and that makes mondays game v Watford even more important, nothing less than 3 points is needed.2 losses this weekend and we could find ourselves firmly in the bottom 3 and morale will go down and that could well be it. 4 points is needed, or 3 at least.

[quote user="poor-little-budgie"]

good . get rid of you . back where you belong

[/quote]

Hi Chris. Did you get chucked off your other account for swearing?

[quote user="poor-little-budgie"]

[/quote]

Ah, a binner with a complex.................bless.[:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="poor-little-budgie"]

[/quote]

Ah, a binner with a complex.................bless.[:D]

[/quote]

It''s good to see he couldn''t find caps lock with his lack of opposable thumbs.

Assuming Saints and Addicks go down then i feel 48 points could be enough to keep us ahead of forest on GD. That''s 5 points so a win against Watford and draws against Reading and Charlton would do it. I see Forest drawing at home to Bristol City and Coventry, beating Saints at home on the last day and losing at Bramall lane and getting a point at Bloomfield Road. Could be a nervous day on the last Sunday.[au]

Six points by Monday night should see us pretty much safe.

Equally less than 3 points by Monday night would see us in for the drop, probably!

Friday, 10 April 2009

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Plymouth v Coventry, 15:00

Preston v Blackpool, 13:00

Swansea v Norwich, 15:00

Watford v Barnsley, 15:00

Monday, 13 April 2009

Barnsley v Swansea, 15:00

Blackpool v Reading, 15:00

Norwich v Watford, 15:00

Looking at the above I think it is conceivable that all could change this weekend.  Any of the teams could lose both games and I think at least one team will.  If it is a team like us or Forest then we will be in big trouble but if it is Barnsley or Plymouth or even Blackpool think they will be dragged into the fight.

i really cant see us getting anything of the easter weekend. there is no chance of anything at swansea and with all the negativity in the ground after a right thumping we will produce another limp performance at home to watford in preparation for our big relegation send off at ipswich. happy easter!

This is no time for pretty football. I expect a role reversal at Swansea, with them passing it nicely but lacking a cutting edge and the Doc lumping it up from defence to Lee and the rest feeding off the knockdowns.

They rely a lot on Jason Scotland, who although an excellent looking striker, has come off the boil recently. Dyer is handy but inexperienced. He''ll bounce off the Doc all afternoon. (er, am i tempting fate there?!)

Unfortunely I can''t see us getting anything out of Swansea, but a win against Watford is a possibility and something we need to maintain our chances of staying up, 3 points out of the next two games would be an alright return in my opinion as long as no one else at the bottom picks up any unexpected results.

then again, you can''t help but wonder how we''ll get any points from this when you look at their home vs our away record...:

Swansea at home:

P20 W9 D9 L2 F37 A20

Norwich away:

P20 W3 D5 L12 F17 A33

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]To stay up we need at least one unexpected result and i have a hunch that it could be away to Swansea[/quote]

I have to agree, I''ve felt for the past few weeks we''d get a result there.  I fully expected us to bottle it against Wednesday and I always felt a point would be good.  I also think we''ll struggle against Watford.  They and both physical sides and we don''t cope well against that.  Swansea however are a good footballing side which will allow us to play our natural game more.  If their result on Sunday is still affecting them then we must take advantage.

Come Monday at 17:00 - we''ll either be in the bottom 3 again - or remain where we currently are, (just).....I honestly fear relegation if we require 3 points at Charlton....

I''m off to Piswich next Sunday, I hope it isn''t they - that drive the penultimate nail in our coffin.....

I think we''ll draw with Swansea and then get 3 points from Watford.  I know that seems unduly optimistic, but we''ve got a team willing to fight for each other now and I think we''ll pull something out of the bag. Not pretty, but effective.