Sign in to follow this  
On the way to Yeovil

Paul Ince Whats the story?

I was having a look on Wiki last night and on the 22nd March an addition was made regards Paul Ince taking over as manager for next season.

Now I am not a fool and know that anyone can edit Wiki, but is seems a very strange thing to put on there at the time.

No smoke without fire?

Has anyone heard anything about this?

If it is true then it would be Ince with Crook & Butterworth

[quote user="london Canary"]its now been taken off as far as i can see.....i wouldn''t belive everything you read on that site[/quote]

I think somebody was trying to set the rumour mill in motion with a bit of mischief making there. His agent perhaps? Incidentally, how come Incey is still unemployed as a manager? Until his rather disastrous tenure at Blackburn he appeared to know what he was doing as a football manager.

i can tell you it''s 100% true. he went for the job but didn''t get it. i know loads of people on here say they know things and most are just talking up their beliefs... i honestly can''t say how i know this as it would break confidence (said enough confirming it) but he went for it but it all fell through at the final hurdle.

[quote user="The Chirp"]i can tell you it''s 100% true. he went for the job but didn''t get it. i know loads of people on here say they know things and most are just talking up their beliefs... i honestly can''t say how i know this as it would break confidence (said enough confirming it) but he went for it but it all fell through at the final hurdle. [/quote]Can also confirm this story is true, from a source within the club, but once again don''t want to name the man in question.

so Roger Munby saying they wanted "someone who bleds yellow and green and knows what Norwich means to the fans" were going to get former Manchester united, West ham and wolves player who probably cant even find Norwich on the map?

they only ever wanted Gunny.. Paul ince might of applied, but thats as far as it went..

jas :)

I actually, have it on ''alleged'' good authority that the NCFC board (and Mr Doncaster in particular) headhunted this most aloof individual for him to become the next Norwich City FC manager (that''s before the appointment of Gunn and Co). In the hope that once and for all, that with this astute individual taking over the reins (and the strict fitness regime and no-nonsense personality that he''s noted for) the club would at last immediately put to bed the Costa Del Colney/Carra rumours - and show the Canary faithful support - that they now meant serious business....Alas, the individual turned us down, as in his opinion he felt the board, were too laid back, unprofessional and sat on their ar$es more than him....I entirely agree with him....