Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

The'Norwich City Calypso'.............

I remember buying my copy from a little TV shop on St Augustine street, next door to the long gone "Staff Of Life" pub. I have a feeling that a former City player had something to do with the shop? possibly Tommy Bryceland. Can it really be 37 years ago?

Now there was a skilful player and a half! Anyone know if he''s still with us? Last time I heard, which admittedly was several years ago, he was living in Scotland, maybe Ayr or somewhere like that.

[quote user="AndyJR"]

Someone requested it to be posted on You Tube to add to my little collection of Norwich City beauties already on there....................... So I did!!!  Enjoy!!!  [:D]    [ip]    [:D]    [ip]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJedxtU7iQA

[/quote]

Pure torture mate, I had forgot just how bad that was.

Ron Saunders gave my dad a copy signed by the promotion wining squad, which I still have, oh the memories

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[img]http://stuff.blogono.com/files/2008/04/comic_book_guy.jpg[/img]

jas :)

[/quote]Oh cheer up.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Now there was a skilful player and a half! Anyone know if he''s still with us? Last time I heard, which admittedly was several years ago, he was living in Scotland, maybe Ayr or somewhere like that.[/quote]

Looks alive and kicking to me Barry: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/stmirren/article2302693.ece as of March anyway!

I think that you may have been a friend of my dad''s when you were younger by the way!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now I feel old after looking at that TOMMY BRYCELAND believes St Mirren ...picture Ryan! I remember the great man like Football - Tommy Bryceland ... this!

[/quote]

ha ha, dont worry Nigel it will happen to us all! my girlfriends nan once said that by looking after the old today I would be looking after my own tomorrow. So if you ever need anything..... [:P]

[quote user="John Morlar"]I remember buying my copy from a little TV shop on St Augustine street, next door to the long gone "Staff Of Life" pub. I have a feeling that a former City player had something to do with the shop? possibly Tommy Bryceland. Can it really be 37 years ago?[/quote]

The shop in question was called Wallis Rentals which was owned by Jock Waugh.