Sign in to follow this  
Theythinkitsallover

What a load of ***

Come on you lot tell the truth. Let''s look at this league...8 maybe 10 clubs with a bit of cash to spend...8 with a little and the rest with sod all yet the league is so poor it''s unbelievable. Can anyone on here honestly see the 3 teams that go up stay up. As for you lot you will stay up. However much you agree/disagree about your manager at least you know his desire is second to none and that must reflect on the players. Being a blue it doesn''t matter what we say but one thing is certain....we both need each other. Not for revenue ....your season tickets and our backer have proven that...but to keep each others season alive. We may be higher than you but we are so poor. Money helps but good management is a must. Sadly put the 2 together and we both are fcuked. We will be in the same division that i am sure. Sadly will anything have changed? No chance.

I have not checked the standings lately, but aren''t 2 of last year''s promotion teams relatively safe?  Certainly Hull must be, and nobody gave them a chance either.  Why should next season be any different?

No Hull aren''t safe, they have won, 1 game in about 20 i think, and are only about 4 points from safety

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]Come on you lot tell the truth. Let''s look at this league...8 maybe 10 clubs with a bit of cash to spend...8 with a little and the rest with sod all yet the league is so poor it''s unbelievable. Can anyone on here honestly see the 3 teams that go up stay up. As for you lot you will stay up. However much you agree/disagree about your manager at least you know his desire is second to none and that must reflect on the players. Being a blue it doesn''t matter what we say but one thing is certain....we both need each other. Not for revenue ....your season tickets and our backer have proven that...but to keep each others season alive. We may be higher than you but we are so poor. Money helps but good management is a must. Sadly put the 2 together and we both are fcuked. We will be in the same division that i am sure. Sadly will anything have changed? No chance.[/quote]

I couldnt even comprehend thinking about what it would be like to get promoted, its not going to happen in at least 5 years for us!

I have to disagree with your post though, it looks as if things are changing slightly..... I cant see Middlesbrough staying up, and Stoke look like staying up, Hull might even just about manage it too..... for two teams to stay up is fantastic, and the likelyhood that Middlesbrough will have to sell anything and everything to survive..... means that those two teams have as good a chance as anybody to establish themselves......

Looking at the top 3 at the minute, I cant see wolves staying up as they always bugger it up, but they are the type of club that will always find the cash to give it a go and have a front two that could probably score a good few in the premiership, Sheff Utd have a billionaire owner that would blatently give them a fighting chance (although selling Beattie looks like a mistake to me?), Birmingham have been up and stayed up before, and Reading have a stronger squad now then they did last time they went up.

Everybody else in this division does look cr*p though, I cant deny that..........

The Prem is rapidly becoming a closed shop.

How long before the Football league is cut adrift compleltely?

Its what the big boys planned all along and the only surprise is that has taken so many years to become obvious to the smaller clubs.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Its what the big boys planned all along and the only surprise is that has taken so many years to become obvious to the smaller clubs.

[/quote]yeah - my solution would be for the FA to give newly promoted sides £10m to help them be more competitive in the prem - while scrapping the chute payments for prem relegated clubs - therefore making the champs more competitive again...its a no brainer people!!!

its hard to say that ryan , premeirship is fairly predictable man u , arsenal ,liverpool , chelsea you know are all at the top every year.

thier is always a few teams in the championship ready to spring a surprise , like burnley , who would have thought they would have had such a good season and knocked out premiership teams in the cup .

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

yeah - my solution would be for the FA to give newly promoted sides £10m to help them be more competitive in the prem - while scrapping the chute payments for prem relegated clubs - therefore making the champs more competitive again...

its a no brainer people!!!
[/quote]

Hadn''t looked at it that way before, LGT, but I think that your idea would work - it would make both divisions more competitive. 

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Everybody else in this division does look cr*p though, I cant deny that..........

[/quote]

Swansea? New stadium, good football.....

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]yeah - my solution would be for the FA to give newly promoted sides £10m to help them be more competitive in the prem - while scrapping the chute payments for prem relegated clubs - therefore making the champs more competitive again...its a no brainer people!!![/quote]

Hadn''t looked at it that way before, LGT, but I think that your idea would work - it would make both divisions more competitive. 

[/quote]sure the only losers would be the players,,,as their pay would revert to champs average upon relegation...in effect a ''wage cap'' by market forces...rather than by FA/FL dictate...