Sign in to follow this  
bobfleck

Darren Bent

Just been perusing the official City website message board, and someone has said that Worthington has publicly stated (Broadland 102) that he''s interested in signing Darren Bent. Can anyone else confirm this? I''d eat my trousers if a) we have enough money to buy him, b) he was interested in coming here and c) Town were prepared to sell to the enemy (I can think of an e,f,g,h, i etc why else he wont come here too!) Did anyone else hear this interview? Or is it garbage?

Yeah i heard this interview too!

Like you said, i can''t believe we have enough money to get him.

Chris

OTBC

[quote]I will dance round Norwich naked if we sign him![/quote]

Now, even though he''s a binman, I like Bent, but it won''t happen, and here''s why?.

1. Old Sheepy would want far too much for him, £6.50p at least, and we can''t afford that much, can we Doomman?.   

3. BFJ will not want to loose him.

4. And if Darren B hangs on a few months, he will no doubt end up with his beloved binners in the premiership anyway, damn it!.   (Wizard now spits blood)     

Now, where''s my car keys?, its time I headed for the City.

Come on you yellows!.

[quote]Now, even though he''s a binman, I like Bent, but it won''t happen, and here''s why?. 1. Old Sheepy would want far too much for him, £6.50p at least, and we can''t afford that much, can we Doomman?. ...[/quote]

wiz

you merchant of doom (sorry!) be very ashamed

sheepy wants £9.50 plus a couple of delia''s latest book

bfj can go puce in the face and rant all he wants, he doesn''t get much of a say at scumsville

and if bent waited until the binners were promoted, he would have a wait a long, long time

[quote]They turned down £3 million from Charlton in the summer so this is a non-starter[/quote]

Sorry but I cant see

a) Worthy being given £4m to buy Bent

or

b) Bent agreeing to come to Norwich

so this is a non starter in my books.

All this "trouser eating" and "Dancing naked around Norwich". Couple this with other posters who are going to "Bite their own arm off" and "Cut their right leg off" 

Wow ! Norwich could be a spectacular place to be in January !  

Surely David O''Leary is talking sense when he said he was not interested in a striker ( Bent ) who had not proven himself in the top league.

You do not have to go back too far when Norwich signed a striker from the lower league who had scored 20 goals a season in the previous three years. His name - Darren Beckford.