Swansea vs NORWICH CITY-Team

Croft to be rested.... Carney to be dropped

Marshall

Ostemabor  Doherty  Shackell   Bertrand

Gow        Clingan        Smith       Lappin 

Lee            Mooney  

SUBS:

Nelson,Drury,Croft,Russell,Mcdonald

I''d be tempted to give Lappin another go in centre midfield. Swansea are a real footballing side and the game should be much more suited to him than Sheffield Weds was. So I''m going with the side that did so well at Birmingham thus keeping Croft and Russell fresh for Mondays game. Easter weekend is really about squads rather than teams and we have to use our limited resources as best we can. Shame Fotheringham seems to be frozen out because we could have done with him to bring on for the ever tiring Sammy Clingan who played 3 huge games last week.

Marshall

Ostemebor Doherty Shackell Bertrand

Gow Clingan Lappin Carney

Lee Mooney

Subs: Nelson, Drury, Russell, Croft, McDonald.

We need to believe you,Nige, because we simply HAVE to win this game. No excuses. Swansea aint going to make the Play offs now,so have nothing to play for. 3 pts for Norwich is a MUST. As are 3 more on Mon v Watford.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Famous last words and all that Lincoln but I believe we can win this game. [:O][/quote]

I''ve been certain for weeks that we''d lose this game on saturday, but it has just struck me that every time i''ve been that certain about a match this season i''ve been wrong.

Here''s Hoping

[quote user="spudgfsh"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Famous last words and all that Lincoln but I believe we can win this game. [:O][/quote]

I''ve been certain for weeks that we''d lose this game on saturday, but it has just struck me that every time i''ve been that certain about a match this season i''ve been wrong.

Here''s Hoping

[/quote]

That''s the point I''ve been making all season. Us fans target the the games we feel it''s realistic to get points from and then the team go getting points from the unrealistic ones. But we do have to try and have some fresh legs on Monday. It''s the home game and I think it''s a must win!

Marshall

Ostemabor  Doherty  Shackell   Bertrand

Gow        Clingan        Russel       Lappin 

Lee            Mooney  

Subs: Croft, Adeyemi, McDonald, Drury, Nelson.

Marshall

Ostemabor  Doherty  Shackell   Drury

Croft       Clingan        Smith     Bertrand

Russel                                                                                                                                                                          Lee           

I believe lee''s heroics will be enough for at least one goal. The thing is to keep a clean sheet. Is that possible with this line-up??? I hope so...ps 19th of april is not far awayps2 We want Darren backps3 NEW SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION (for yellow-green ppl arround greece) the link is coming up soon...

Will Gunn go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2? The latter is more attacking, could be used if Gunn thinks it is time to pick up points rather than trying to grind out a draw, or Gunn may change to this if we fall behind or are level well into the second half.In the defence the only question is over Otsemobor, but who would we replace him with, a junior or Lijier. I suspect that Otse will just make it.In midfield if we play 4-4-2 I supect that it could be Rusty, Clingan, Lappin and GowStrikers would be Lee and Mooney. Gunn has already suggested that he will play Lee, and Mooney more or less picks himself.On reflection.if we play Mooney. Lee and Gow, probably our most attacking combination, with Gow wide left, it probably makes little diffrence whether we call it 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. In either event I see Lappin providing cover down the left (is there anyone else?), while Gow gets forward.I am a little concerned if our midfield is Russell/Clingan/Lappin, because apart from Clingan it is a little light.

I think we''ve all been doing that, they just seem to do the opposite to what any reasonably sane person would expect. Had written this one off long ago, possible hiding if we start as pedestrianly as the last game, and we''ll struggle against Watford too. So that''s 6 points for us.

carney out of the squad and gow on bench,drury in for ostemabor,russell in for carney and lee in for gow

marshall

drury      doherty    shackall         bertrand               

croft         clingan      russell          lappin

lee        mooney

subs:nelson,ostemabor,mcdonald,smith,gow

[quote user="Delias Tasty Nibblets"]I agree with lincoln canarys team, croftys not fully fit and otsemobor needs shooting.[/quote]

Agreed, but best not to get Curo to do it......

Swansea has pretty much the best home record in the division, so a draw would be a brilliant result. How much it would help our cause, will be told at 5pm tomorrow.

What a game this should be. Roberto Martinez is doing a brilliant job for Swansea, his side have adapted really well indeed to this league and still have a very good chance of making the play-offs. He has assembled an excellent squad of players who play football as a team, players like Leon Britton, Gomez, Darren Pratley and, of course, top scorer Jason Scotland have all been absolutely crucial to their success this season. Whether they can hold on to them though, to at least try and avoid the dreaded ''second season'' syndrome that has befell many other clubs down the years remains to be seen.

It should be particularly good because both them and us like to get the ball down and play good, flowing and attractive football. Indeed, Swansea are probably the best footballing team to have come to Carrow Road this season. We also have a tendency to play better and get some excellent results against the better sides in this division. Our results against the likes of Wolves, Birmingham, Sheffield United (at home) and Cardiff are proof of that. This is why I fancy us to go the Liberty Stadium today and get something. I think we certainly can as Swansea haven''t won in four and our management team won''t accept another lacklustre performance like the one against Sheffield Wednesday last Saturday. It might also depend on Gunny getting his team selection right for this, something he simply didn''t do last weekend, and I''m backing him to do just that.

Here''s what I think Gunny should definitely go with this afternoon, injuries and fitness permitting of course:

--------------------Marshall---------------------

Otsemobor----Shackell--Doherty(cpt)--Bertrand

Croft-----------Clingan--Russell------------Gow

--------------------Lee--Mooney---------------

Subs: Nelson (GK), Drury (LB), Lappin (LCM/LM), Carney (LW), McDonald (ST).

If Gunny picks that side and they play to the best of their abilities, then I''m confident we can take a very useful point off them (I''d love all three, but Swansea are a tough team on their home patch). I''m going for 1-1, with Alan Lee to score his first goal in Canary colours!

COME ON YOU YELLOWWWWWS!!!!!