Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Alan Lee

He is a good target man but theres one thing that is concerning me about him, everytime he goes for a header he elbows the defender and when we play scum the ref will be watching for things like that and if hes not careful he will be sent off.

The first thing he did when he came on against Sheff Wed was smash their centre back in the side of the head when he went up for a header. That''s exactly what we need. Someone up top to ruffle some feathers and upset people. Sheff Wed back 4 had an easy afternoon until he came on. He HAS to start all of our remaining games if we''re to have a chance. We looked like creating something as soon as he came on.

If he gets sent off against the scum he''ll be a legend in my eyes, but i''ll still BOO him!!!

[quote user="NCFC1"]He is a good target man but theres one thing that is concerning me about him, everytime he goes for a header he elbows the defender and when we play scum the ref will be watching for things like that and if hes not careful he will be sent off.[/quote]

The arms go up naturally when hes trying to get as close to the ball as possible!

In the Birmingham game Quedre (or however his stupid name is spelt!) jumped straight on his feet after a Lee challenge going mad insisting that Lee elbowed him - If a massive bloke like Lee really meant to elbow anyone and done it properly the person would be out starkers and wouldn''t jump on their feet straight away!

Hopefully Lee can get fitter cause he is just what we need and compared to Carl Cort hes awesome!

I''d sign him up if the price is right, his attitude seems spot on and we''ve missed someone with a genuine physical presence who does''nt mind throwing himself around a bit - Iwan I think was the last one.

He says he wants to sty no matter what league we''re in?

for that i hope he does stay..

Lee could give us the agressive frontman we;ve been needing for a while.

been a while since we had a centre forward who puts themselves about ,nice to see some one get stuck in and unsettling the opposition back four . Too late for fancy football we need players willing to battle not bottle it ,and grind out 2 or 3 wins .All about results now id play him up front from the start. at least he puts a shift in hope he keeps it up

[quote user="tank"]If he gets sent off against the scum he''ll be a legend in my eyes, but i''ll still BOO him!!![/quote]How the hell does that even work??"You''re a legend, Lee! A disgrace of a legend! Boooo!! Damn you, you legend!!"

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="tank"]If he gets sent off against the scum he''ll be a legend in my eyes, but i''ll still BOO him!!![/quote]How the hell does that even work??"You''re a legend, Lee! A disgrace of a legend! Boooo!! Damn you, you legend!!"[/quote]I was equally confused...

[quote user="tank"]If he gets sent off against the scum he''ll be a legend in my eyes, but i''ll still BOO him!!![/quote]

why? is he going to score an own goal, then put his fingers up at the fans, punch gunny and run off celebrating with the ipswich fans? is he going to miss an open goal on purpose?

You are an idiot mate.

jas :)

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="tank"]If he gets sent off against the scum he''ll be a legend in my eyes, but i''ll still BOO him!!![/quote]
How the hell does that even work??

"You''re a legend, Lee! A disgrace of a legend! Boooo!! Damn you, you legend!!"
[/quote]

I don''t even know what he was on about lol I''m real confused.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="tank"]If he gets sent off against the scum he''ll be a legend in my eyes, but i''ll still BOO him!!![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well he''ll alway be a scummer in my eyes but now he''s our scummer!!!

Its a love hate thing!!!

[quote user="tank"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well he''ll alway be a scummer in my eyes but now he''s our scummer!!!

Its a love hate thing!!!

[/quote]

Yes I love to hate the scummers too

[quote user="NCFC1"]He is a good target man but theres one thing that is concerning me about him, everytime he goes for a header he elbows the defender and when we play scum the ref will be watching for things like that and if hes not careful he will be sent off.[/quote]

I would rather have a hard man type striker than a lightweight Lupoli type that spends half the game on his arse

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Lee is nothing compared to the prem standard target man we had in Sibierski
[/quote]

But its nice to have a brick wall on our forward line

IE they don''t get back up to quick.

[quote user="AndyJR"]I''d sign him up if the price is right, his attitude seems spot on and we''ve missed someone with a genuine physical presence who does''nt mind throwing himself around a bit - Iwan I think was the last one.
[/quote]

100% agree Andy, Lee, would be an excellent signing for us.

I think it''s a jolly good idea to have an attacker who puts himself about a bit if only to counteract those teams which have defenders "who put themselves about a bit."

Poor old stretchered off Iwelumo was far and away the best "put yourself about a bit" attacker at Colchester I have seen and, while not up to your standard, dear old Goulash (Kovacs) has been a Godsend for Lincoln City  (Elbows and beefy Trailing Leg a speciality).

Motto: "If you can''t go round it, go through it."

If caught FFS Ref is the standard response.  If not caught....................

[:D]

Excellent post Cam!Reminds me of Iwan Roberts who had a great friendly face, but he was no different from what you''ve put! It''s weird how things are taken in context. And it''d be nice to have a blooded strong header of the ball.We never replaced Roberts until Dion, and I feel Lee could be the player to do this.

Lee certainly upsets the force. I think it''s a WWYD case - what would yoda do?I think the best thing to do with Lee is clap and boo at the same time.

My God, I really can''t see why anyone would boo Lee! He''s our''s now, and playing for a rival is hardly the worse thing in the world in my eyes. He says he wants to play for Norwich permanently, no matter what league we are in, which is more than some of our actual players have said e.g. Croft, who''ll be off the second we go down (if we do). Grow up you absolute idiots!

[quote user="Captain Dejan Is Injured"]My God, I really can''t see why anyone would boo Lee! He''s our''s now, and playing for a rival is hardly the worse thing in the world in my eyes. He says he wants to play for Norwich permanently, no matter what league we are in, which is more than some of our actual players have said e.g. Croft, who''ll be off the second we go down (if we do). Grow up you absolute idiots![/quote]I agree with what you say about Alan Lee, but stop bloody saying Croft will jump ship because you have no idea really do you?