Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

Going Down!!!

[quote user="kdncfc"]We need at least 7 points to even stand a chance of getting out of this and with the games we have left it''s a very big ask, for me if we fail to beat Watford on Monday that''s it. It is very harsh on the fans but the board are certainly deserving of relegation, they should be hanging their heads in shame[/quote]then it will be curtains i fear...but until then im trying to stay possitive

We all knew we were likely to go down anyway so I dont get why everyone is so suprised about todays results. In case you hadnt noticed we have been awful for four consecutive seasons now. The reason we are awful is because the board dont invest in players and our boardroom members have the combined IQ of a glass of water. Next season would only be another (probably more) desperate slide towards the drop. I am fed up with eeking my way through every match knowing the club is a laughing stock. I for one couldnt care less if we went down. The chance of celebrating a few wins sounds better than the continous dissapointment I have felt this season. We need to start picking up points again. The only way we will do that is in League One.

Odds are on us going down now I reckon, admittedly if we beat Watford and Forest lose it could all be different, but the fact we''re relying so heavily on other team''s results is a major worry.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

We all knew we were likely to go down anyway so I dont get why everyone is so suprised about todays results. In case you hadnt noticed we have been awful for four consecutive seasons now. The reason we are awful is because the board dont invest in players and our boardroom members have the combined IQ of a glass of water. Next season would only be another (probably more) desperate slide towards the drop. I am fed up with eeking my way through every match knowing the club is a laughing stock. I for one couldnt care less if we went down. The chance of celebrating a few wins sounds better than the continous dissapointment I have felt this season. We need to start picking up points again. The only way we will do that is in League One.

[/quote]

Spot on, but who''s to say we''ll be good enough to win many games in league 1. It looks like we''ll be reduced to a team of kids unless some money comes in from somewhere, we will struggle big time if we have to play kids in that division and could even end up in league 2.

This post could have been from the end of our Premiership season:

"...The reason we are awful is because the board dont invest in players and our boardroom members have the combined IQ of a glass of water. Next season would only be another (probably more) desperate slide towards the drop. I am fed up with eeking my way through every match knowing the club is a laughing stock. I for one couldn''t care less if we went down. The chance of celebrating a few wins sounds better than the continous dissapointment I have felt this season. We need to start picking up points again. The only way we will do that is in League One."

Insert ''Championship'' for League One...hasn''t exactly worked out that way for us has it?

Relegation could be a disaster. I really don''t understand why people seem so keen on it.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

I agree, the idea of being able to celebrate a few wins is tempting, even if it is in the division below. However, with most of our top players being loan signings who may not be here next season, who''s to say that we''ll be consistenly good in league 1? Unless we find investment from somewhere its unlikely that we''ll be able to push through league 1 back to the championship.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Reserve your judgement until monday, it could easily all be back to square one.

[/quote]If you believe that then good luck to you mate [Y]wish i could be positive

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

If you believe that then good luck to you mate [Y]

wish i could be positive

[/quote] IF we win and forrest lose...it will all be back to square one...i know its a BIG IF...but until then i still beleive...come on city

[quote user="CT "][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

wish i could be positive

[/quote]

46 games in a season CT.

Nobody gets relegated after 42 games unless they are 13 points behind.

Several more twists to come mate.

Enjoy.

Keeping the faith until the end - I only hope that we don''t go into the game against Charlton needing a point to stay up........has Fulham written all over it!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="CT "][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

wish i could be positive

[/quote] IF we win and forrest lose...it will all be back to square one...i know its a BIG IF...but until then i still beleive...come on city[/quote]

Problem is Forest have a far easier run in than us and whatever Forest do I don''t think we''re good enough to get the points we will need to get out of it. For me Sheffield Weds was the mother of all must win games and we failed to turn up, that is something we have done on far to many occasions this season and is why we will most likely go down.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="CT "][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

wish i could be positive

[/quote] IF we win and forrest lose...it will all be back to square one...i know its a BIG IF...but until then i still beleive...come on city[/quote]

Problem is Forest have a far easier run in than us and whatever Forest do I don''t think we''re good enough to get the points we will need to get out of it. For me Sheffield Weds was the mother of all must win games and we failed to turn up, that is something we have done on far to many occasions this season and is why we will most likely go down.

[/quote]any team fighting relegation has NO easy run in...the results in the championship have been so unpredictable this season  I.E forrest 3 brizzle city 2  i would have bet brizzle would have won this...so it aint over till its over [Y]   NEED a result monday and if sheff utd can do us a favour then brilliant....come on city

[quote user="Metatron"]This post could have been from the end of our Premiership season:

"...The reason we are awful is because the board dont invest in players and our boardroom members have the combined IQ of a glass of water. Next season would only be another (probably more) desperate slide towards the drop. I am fed up with eeking my way through every match knowing the club is a laughing stock. I for one couldn''t care less if we went down. The chance of celebrating a few wins sounds better than the continous dissapointment I have felt this season. We need to start picking up points again. The only way we will do that is in League One."

Insert ''Championship'' for League One...hasn''t exactly worked out that way for us has it?

Relegation could be a disaster. I really don''t understand why people seem so keen on it.[/quote]Spot on. Unfortunately.

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"]

[/quote]

I agree, the idea of being able to celebrate a few wins is tempting, even if it is in the division below. However, with most of our top players being loan signings who may not be here next season, who''s to say that we''ll be consistenly good in league 1? Unless we find investment from somewhere its unlikely that we''ll be able to push through league 1 back to the championship.

[/quote]TCF, are you serious?I hope you are in a serious minority in terms of people who are taking positives out of being relegated to the third tier of english football for the first time in half a century. The demise of the club is more than evident now, and to have people say ''celebrating a few wins sounds better than the continuous dissapointment i have felt this season'' essentially means we may as well be non-league for as much as you care. I hope you consider the clubs image, financial state and actual existence which will fall beside us being relegated. If, that is to happen.

The only positive out of relegation is that we might see the back of Doomcaster and the board...at least that is what i am clinging to!

I just can''t get motivated to go to games til those to**ers have gone!

[quote user="whoareyou"]

The only positive out of relegation is that we might see the back of Doomcaster and the board...at least that is what i am clinging to!

I just can''t get motivated to go to games til those to**ers have gone!

[/quote]We might. We might not. We might get better, we might get worse.