Sign in to follow this  
king of latvia

striker no midfield yes

i think we need some one in midfield not a striker ,this i belive is were the game is won and lost ,francis semm to be doing it all on his own. holt must be dropped ,i think so must huckerby for the 2nd game in a row he did nothing just fall to the floor all the time.

Exactly King !

I only listened to the commentary this afternoon, so I can''t be too specific, but  I didn''t once hear our forwards miss a shot with a pass supplied to them from midfield. As I said before last week the only decent "midfield" pass in weeks came from Sven when he supplied Leon with his lone goal.

How ever are we  going to find out if we''ve got a goal scoring forward til our forwards get goal scoring opportunities ?

This afternoon a half decent midfielder would have controlled, held the ball up more, denied opponent possession , sprayed it to the wings to make ten men chase about to get it back, and created chances, etc etc.

Unfortunately the biggest percentage of our chances have fallen to, the otherwise excellent, Francis, who has probably played Rugby in his formative years.

Why do Ipswich seem to have all the best goalscorers ? Because they have such a man in Magilton. If we ever got Bent he would be no better than we have with our service providers.(Sorry don''t mean to praise em but....)

Which leaves the question who ?, the one I mentioned we apparently can''t afford, unfortunately, but I think the bank is worth busting for that one !

Whew ! Rant over, O T B C