Sign in to follow this  
venta icenorum

Martin and Spillane for Luton v Lincoln today

Went to the Lincoln / Luton game today (was visiting family). Have to say Chris Martin looked pretty useful and definitely looked a class above the rest, very composed on the ball. Was slightly surprised he played on the left wing as it ended 0 - 0 and they wasted a couple of good chances that maybe Martin would have buried. Even more surprised to see Macca and Hendo sitting in the stands across from me - what happened to McVeigh? He would have done well I''d have thought in this game.

Spillane came on as sub after 15 mins for an injured player. Again, I don''t think right back is his best position but he did everything well, got beaten once by Danny N''Guessan but was solid if unspectacular. He has a good long throw too.

I think Martin was frustrated at the lack of quality in some of the players around him and although Luton were technically good and passed the ball well they didn''t threaten enough in the final third. Sounds like Norwich! I felt a bit sorry for them that they didn''t win as they really needed the three points!