Sign in to follow this  
ca

Lets look at Forest's remaining games

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Monday, 13 April 2009

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Sunday, 03 May 2009

Bristol City still have a chance of a play off place so that won''t be easy and Sheffield Utd are the form team, unbeatable st the moment and going for an auto place so those two games won''t be easy.

The other 3 I can see them winning which would give them 51 points so thats our target as our goal difference is vastly superior to theirs.

So question is where are we getting 8 points from ??

[quote user="cityangel"]

Saturday, 11 April 2009

Monday, 13 April 2009

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Sunday, 03 May 2009

Bristol City still have a chance of a play off place so that won''t be easy and Sheffield Utd are the form team, unbeatable st the moment and going for an auto place so those two games won''t be easy.

The other 3 I can see them winning which would give them 51 points so thats our target as our goal difference is vastly superior to theirs.

[/quote]

The only slight glimmer of hope I can see is that they  play the really tough games  next so if we can pick  up a few points in the next 2 games Forest will be well and truly bottom three, that may inpsire them but hopelly it will rattle them.

Forestcould get 9 to 12 points out of these fixtures, if they do of course then they will be safe and another club will get the third slot, us or Barnsley. As we have found though what looks good on paper often looks very different after 90 minutes. Out of those same 5 fixtures i would like to remind you that we got a total of 1 point !

I think Forest could quite easily get a result tomorrow and I''m prepared for us to spend some time in the bottom three yet again this season - hopefully not for too long though!!

[quote user="cityangel"]
Saturday, 11 April 2009

Monday, 13 April 2009

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Sunday, 03 May 2009

[/quote]I think there are a lot of factors involved. It very much is down to a game at a time now because if they loose and we pick up a point the gap is only two points but they will need four to get passed us due to goal difference. That would then mean for them to get four points more than us out of the last 4 games. Ofcourse this is yet to happen at the moment.Of their games in someways it is a very good thing that they have Southampton last because they are dead and burried and are starting to play like they have accepted it.Bristol City and Coventry could arguably be the teams to get points from as both look to be safe and do not have much to play for other than league positioning. Saying that I wouldn''t want to play them as they don''t seem to be the taking the foot of the pedal type of teams when you consider the managers etc.Blackpool could be an interesting game. If they slip up a bit in the last couple of games they could get dragged back into it. If that happens they could still be after a good finnish. I would suspect that they would be after a good finnish anyway as to lay claim to be a mid-table team rather than a bottom feeder . . . . . .The only thing with Forrest is that the flatter to decieve. They have some quality players in Earnshaw and one or two others but from what I have seen of them they lack the fight needed. I think the next two or three games will really be the deciding factor because if Southampton manage to pull a couple of results together and some of the other teams above us slip up you could be looking at the last couple of games with a large number of teams still in a dodgy position.

What a miserable and defeatist thread! [:''(] I''m glad you lot don''t do the team talks[:O]

Nottingham Forest have only managed to pick up 8 points from their last 10 games and yet you see them getting 9 from the next 5. Yet we avaerrage over 1 point per game in the same period, and in fact since Gunn took charge, and you don''t even see us getting 3 points!

Of course you could be right, and we could be relegated, but don''t go claiming to be realistic[:O]

[quote user="cityangel"]
Saturday, 11 April 2009

Monday, 13 April 2009

Saturday, 18 April 2009

Saturday, 25 April 2009

Sunday, 03 May 2009

[/quote]Forest to win 3 in a row?  I don''t think so, especially not against those teams who will all still be fighting to beat the drop.  Personally I don''t see them going, although I predicted So''ton wouldn''t either but they were dire today.  Barnsley could easily fall, and watch out for Blackpool, they have a really tough run in.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What a miserable and defeatist thread! [:''(] I''m glad you lot don''t do the team talks[:O]

Nottingham Forest have only managed to pick up 8 points from their last 10 games and yet you see them getting 9 from the next 5. Yet we avaerrage over 1 point per game in the same period, and in fact since Gunn took charge, and you don''t even see us getting 3 points!

Of course you could be right, and we could be relegated, but don''t go claiming to be realistic[:O]

[/quote]

Look on the bright side.  Some will go if you go down just as some probably joined when you went up.

[:|]

No chance of Forest picking up 9 points.

Safety will be below 50 points this season.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Look on the bright side.  Some will go if you go down just as some probably joined when you went up.

[:|]

[/quote]

Sorry Nutty was just trying to look at the worst senerio [:)]

Cams - hoping you''re not suggesting that''s me as I''ve had my season ticket 30 years plus and and will be there next season whatever league we''re in.

Instead of Forest, Blackpool and Doncaster should be the ones we are looking at for a choke:

Blackpool fixtures:

Sat 11 13:00 A Preston FLC

Mon 13 15:00 H Reading FLC

Sat 18 15:00 A Charlton FLC

Sat 25 12:30 H Nottm Forest FLC

May

Sun 3 13:15 A Swansea City FLC

Doncasterl fixtures:

Sat 11 15:00 A Ipswich Town FLC

Mon 13 15:00 H Preston FLC

Sat 18 15:00 A Plymouth FLC

Sat 25 15:00 H Crystal Palace FLC

May

Sun 3 13:15 A Wolves FLC

Both teams have a very trick run in!

We all have tricky run ins; it''s in the nature of being at the bottom of the division. Our big plus is our current form, our performance against good teams, and our goal difference. I''ve done the BBC predictor several times now, and even with us only getting 7 or 8 more points (2 wins and one or two draws), we end up in 18th or 19th place. The other teams all seem to be playing each other, and this tends to lower their chance of stealing a march on other strugglers.

Personally, I don''t think Blackpool or Plymouth are safe by a long chalk. Looking at Blackpool''s fixtures it wouldn''t surprise me if they only get a maximum of three from the remaining.

As for Forest v Bristol City, looking at BC''s remaining fixtures I believe they will still be regarding reaching the play-offs as a real possibility but only if they beat Forest today - they will be seeing todays fixture against Forest as an absolute must win .

[quote user="clacton_canary1"]Instead of Forest, Blackpool and Doncaster should be the ones we are looking at for a choke: Blackpool fixtures: Sat 11 13:00 A Preston FLC Mon 13 15:00 H Reading FLC Sat 18 15:00 A Charlton FLC Sat 25 12:30 H Nottm Forest FLC May Sun 3 13:15 A Swansea City FLC Doncasterl fixtures: Sat 11 15:00 A Ipswich Town FLC Mon 13 15:00 H Preston FLC Sat 18 15:00 A Plymouth FLC Sat 25 15:00 H Crystal Palace FLC May Sun 3 13:15 A Wolves FLC Both teams have a very trick run in![/quote]

But Donny have 49 pts and need only 1 or 2 points from 5 games to be safe, sorry but I think they''re well safe.(Plus they play at Ipswich today who can''t win at home to save their lives )

Blackpool''s run in looks harder they have 47pts and should beat Forest which could leave them on 50pts so yes they aren''t out of the running yet.

It''s all very well saying Barnsley, Plymouth, Blackpool etc are still in the mix but the fact that they are already ahead of us, Forest, Soton means that in order for them to slip up we have to pick up points too! Forest for me are the ones'' to be most wary of

all we can do is focus on our own games and try to get whatever we can from each of them

[quote user="cityangel"]

Blackpool''s run in looks harder they have 47pts and should beat Forest which could leave them on 50pts so yes they aren''t out of the running yet.

[/quote]

Now Angel, you do realise they can''t both win this game don''t you? [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes Nutty sweetheart, I do [:D]

I think, CA, predicting results is almost impossible in this league at this time.Whilst we can look at who has the harder run in, it means very little in terms of results. We know this, simply from our own results. Although we can take guesses of the total points they can accumulate, its difficult to pinpoint which games they will win and which they will not. All i hope is, we win more than the rest! [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes Nutty sweetheart, I do [:D]

[/quote]

OK.. but I agree.. it''s all a worry! Nobody is consistently picking up points though, those games in hand have all but gone and we are still outside the bottom 3. A win today would be huge[Y] I haven''t had a go at the predictor this season because this league is unpredictable. I have no idea where we will pick up the points but I still believe we will.

At the time of writing, it appears that it''s now between us and Forest and I''d much rather have Forest''s last fixtures. We could get 3 points from Watford but another abject performance in front of a quiet crowd is definitely on the cards. Then after that we''ve got our derby away and Reading. Charlton away should be an easy 3 points but Norwich going away and needing to get a result doesn''t fill me with confidence.I hope we get 6 points; a win from Watford and Charlton and then anything else from Ipswich and Reading is a bonus.

I can see forest getting 7 points from there remaining games so we would need 3 wins i just cant see where they are coming from its out of our hands now

So guess its us or Forest now, does anyone think differently??

[quote user="CT "][quote user="cityangel"]So guess its us or Forest now, does anyone think differently??[/quote]

Add Barnsley that.
[/quote]

Yes add Barnsley to that, I had temp forgotton them.