Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

City Directors fund Players Flight to Wales!

Norwich City''s directors are personally funding the first team''s flight to Wales this weekend. 

Obviously the credit crunch isn''t hitting us all!!!

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]see the board arent all that bad! well done board!
[/quote]

Wasn''t it the board that decided we wouldnt pay for flights in the first place?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Hmm - the last time they flew anywhere was the Blackpool game.  Shouldn''t be possible to get jet-lag on a one hour flight...
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!

equally could spin that as ''board has so poorly managed the club we can no longer afford to get to games out of the operating budget''

how is this a news item, aren''t football club owners mean''t to stick their hand''s in their pockets anyway, if not what''s the point of them...ggggrrrrrrr

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

equally could spin that as ''board has so poorly managed the club we can no longer afford to get to games out of the operating budget''

how is this a news item, aren''t football club owners mean''t to stick their hand''s in their pockets anyway, if not what''s the point of them...ggggrrrrrrr

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly..... It would cost no more than £5k per game to fly domestically.  23 x 5k = £115k.  Approximately the amount spent on a conservatory at colney in pre season.

Mismanagement!

Flights are really not dear nowadays, its cheaper to fly someone in from europe than driving a 400 mile round trip in the uk, so to me it aint no biggy, flying to me should be expected on long journeys not a so called luxury.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Damned if you do, damned if you don''t.[/quote]

simple IMHO do it but then don''t bleat to the press about your magnanamous gesture...it''s the clumsly obvious attempt at positive spin that''s put on what is basically a non-story that gets on my wick

[/quote]

Spot on mate, we should be flying to every game which is more than 3 hour drive away......and we were until October....

What''s wrong with a flipping coach? I really can''t see why they have to travel down the day before and stay in posh hotel''s. What a waste of money! The club wants to make cut backs, well they should start here. The coach they do use is no normal coach either! It''s a luxury one with loads of leg room, tables etc. If they would fit a few exercise bikes in, they could cut out these silly flights and huge hotel bills!  

[quote user="colneycanary"]What''s wrong with a flipping coach? I really can''t see why they have to travel down the day before and stay in posh hotel''s. What a waste of money! The club wants to make cut backs, well they should start here. The coach they do use is no normal coach either! It''s a luxury one with loads of leg room, tables etc. If they would fit a few exercise bikes in, they could cut out these silly flights and huge hotel bills!  [/quote]

Its normally the away team that pay the hotel bill mate, gentlemans agreement..... we use Dunston Hall to house away teams (if they choose to travel early, often teams dont) and I know that the club doesnt pay too much for that..... Dunston Hall get a fair bit of trade on the basis of that.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]What''s wrong with a flipping coach? I really can''t see why they have to travel down the day before and stay in posh hotel''s. What a waste of money! The club wants to make cut backs, well they should start here. The coach they do use is no normal coach either! It''s a luxury one with loads of leg room, tables etc. If they would fit a few exercise bikes in, they could cut out these silly flights and huge hotel bills!  [/quote]

Its normally the away team that pay the hotel bill mate, gentlemans agreement..... we use Dunston Hall to house away teams (if they choose to travel early, often teams dont) and I know that the club doesnt pay too much for that..... Dunston Hall get a fair bit of trade on the basis of that.

[/quote]I don''t think this is true. A lot of away teams stay at Sprowston Manor. Yes we do use Dunston hall but we use it for our loan players. Also i highly doubt that we pick up the tab for every team that were playing at home. If this was the case, we''d be putting them in the worst hotel in Norwich with disgusting food so hopefully the players would get ill. So for this reason alone can''t beleive what you are saying to be true

They really are a bunch of pussies sometimes aren''t they?

Roger the Chairman says - "Not a bad airline charter company Mr Doncaster, another 1st class choice by you - and it''s actually worked out quite cheap. Shame Mr Foulger insisted his chickens bound for those South Wales supermarket chains get to travel inside the fuselage. Do y''know what the flight time to Rhoose Airport actually is Gunny? As I do think we should have got the team to put fleeces on over their tracksuits - it could get a bit chilly on the trip down there. Fortunately Delia and Mike should be snug as they are above the number 3 engine. Anyway, anyone fancy a barley sugar, it''ll help to clear your ears at altitude"......

[quote user="Beauseant"]Damned if you do, damned if you don''t.[/quote]

True, but it is there job to get players to the games in as fit condition as possible, and last time they had to pay for themselves. Sorry Beau, but to me they are only doing what they are supposed to, so I dont see what credit is due.

Has anyone considered that there is only 48 hours between the next two games, and it is to our advantage to get the players back to Norwich as soon as possible so they can rest up before Monday''s game. No, thought not.

Of course, those who whine about the cost of the flight would be the first ones to complain that the players looked jaded on Monday.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Has anyone considered that there is only 48 hours between the next two games, and it is to our advantage to get the players back to Norwich as soon as possible so they can rest up before Monday''s game. No, thought not.

Of course, those who whine about the cost of the flight would be the first ones to complain that the players looked jaded on Monday.

[/quote]Very true - I just hope they deal with the flight better than they did the flight to Blackpool.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Who has moaned about the cost of the flight? I have obviously read a different thread to you, because every post I read was referring to the fact that they shouldnt have been stopped in the first place.

Don''t really see why we should be grateful to someone who has been responsible for the clubs dreadful performance over the last few years for something that should really happen anyway.