Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

It's not looking good, but it's far from over.

Yes, we''re in the relegation zone. Yes, it''s not looking good. But the 4 games we have left are all winnable games. In my opinion, we will be back out of the relegation zone on monday night. We can beat Watford. We''re not bad at home for a relegation threatened team. Nottingham Forest have Sheffield United away. Bramall lane is a hard ground to go to and get anything from. Providing them 2 results go the correct way, which is very likely. We''ll be straight back out of the relegation zone.

Ipswich away is winnable. Anything could happen in a derby game.
We''re at home to Reading. As I''ve already said, with the fans behind the team we''re not a bad side at home. We could get something there.
As for Charlton at home, again, winnable. I still think we''ll survive. Our run in is not as hard as it once looked.

[quote user="CT "]I agree with you however:

If we dont beat Watford then we''re down.
[/quote]

Not at all. If we don''t beat Watford, and Forest go to Sheffield and get a result then yes. You''re probably right. But it also depends on results elsewhere.

In theroy we should roll Watford and Charlton over and get at least a point from out of form Ipswich, and Reading whos bottle is going.

Reality is a completly different thing though.

Cant see us not beating Watford, point from Ipswich, Point from Reading, point from Charlton so 6 points from last 4 games.

Looking at forests remaining games i think they will pick up 7 more points if so we need 9 i cant see it happening

NORWICH:  Watford (h); Ipswich (a); Reading (h); Charlton (a)

NOTTINGHAM: Shef Utd (a); Coventry (h); Blackpool (a); Southampton (h)

SOUTHAMPTON: Crysal P (h); Shef W (a); Burnley (h); Nottingham (a)

Where are we going to get the points from pray tell??

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

NORWICH:  Watford (h); Ipswich (a); Reading (h); Charlton (a)

NOTTINGHAM: Shef Utd (a); Coventry (h); Blackpool (a); Southampton (h)

SOUTHAMPTON: Crysal P (h); Shef W (a); Burnley (h); Nottingham (a)

Where are we going to get the points from pray tell??

[/quote]

Did you not read the original poster, or Arthurs post for that matter? Your question was answered in both.

Far play Shaun. I''m very, very angry about the state of our club right now, both on the pitch and off it, but you are right.Whilst the board and players deserve relegation, the fans do not. I really hope we get those 3 win [Y]

No point being defeatist is there. I agree it''s far from over yet.You will be able to hear a pin drop at Carrow Road on Monday.

So you would be happy with 6 points??

Cause that will save us.

Wake up people!! Notts Forest will get 9 points from there last 4 games.

We need to win every game to stay up, it''s that simple

[quote user="JF"]

Looking at forests remaining games i think they will pick up 7 more points if so we need 9 i cant see it happening

[/quote]

yep, if you''re thinking along the same lines that I am, Forest to win at home to Coventry and Southampton, get a draw at Blackpool and lose at Sheff Utd.

Which means we have to win 3 out of last 4 games to stay up.

I think the Sheff Wed result is going to come back and haunt us

ps - weren''t we on the trail of Jason Scotland once upon a time? Did the mighty financial giants Swansea City beat us to it?

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

So you would be happy with 6 points??

Cause that will save us.

Wake up people!! Notts Forest will get 9 points from there last 4 games.

We need to win every game to stay up, it''s that simple

[/quote]

If you are talking about what i said, i said i think we will get at least 6 points.

I bet we thrash Watford monday, forest will lose and everyone will be high spirits again. 3-0 city monday.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

In theroy we should roll Watford and Charlton over and get at least a point from out of form Ipswich, and Reading whos bottle is going.

Cant see us not beating Watford, point from Ipswich, Point from Reading, point from Charlton so 6 points from last 4 games.

[/quote]Why on earth should we roll Charlton over , Birmingham couldnt and they needed the win to get back in the top two .Watford wont be any pushover either.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Why on earth should we roll Charlton over , Birmingham couldnt and they needed the win to get back in the top two .Watford wont be any pushover either.
[/quote]

We shall see....wait till monday, 3 points in the bag im 99% sure.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Loan City Fc "][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Why on earth should we roll Charlton over , Birmingham couldnt and they needed the win to get back in the top two .Watford wont be any pushover either.
[/quote]

We shall see....wait till monday, 3 points in the bag im 99% sure.

[/quote]

Sorry I didnt answer your question about Chalton.

Barnsley certainly aren''t out of the woods yet, and neither are Plymouth entirely.

Barnsley v Swansea, 15:00

Reading v Barnsley, 15:00

I feel as deflated and depressed as anyone on here at the moment but it''s in our hands. The games just get bigger and bigger as we get towards the end of the season but this is going down to the wire. We''re not down just yet. If we win on Monday and Forest lose it''s right back on it''s head again. We mustn''t forget Barnsley either, their run-in, though one game longer, isn''t pretty. I don''t fancy them to take anything of Reading, Coventry or Wolves, and can see them getting very little out of Plymouth on the last day.

There''s sure to be another twist in this, I just pray it''s in our favour.

[quote user="Hoolahoop"]

Barnsley certainly aren''t out of the woods yet, and neither are Plymouth entirely.

I feel as deflated and depressed as anyone on here at the moment but it''s in our hands. The games just get bigger and bigger as we get towards the end of the season but this is going down to the wire. We''re not down just yet. If we win on Monday and Forest lose it''s right back on it''s head again. We mustn''t forget Barnsley either, their run-in, though one game longer, isn''t pretty. I don''t fancy them to take anything of Reading, Coventry or Wolves, and can see them getting very little out of Plymouth on the last day.

[/quote]

Looking at that Barnsley would be my tip to go down.

I see Forest getting 9 points, us getting 8, and Barsnely getting 4.

That''ll do me nicely.

If we don''t get anything from Monday''s game, i think its curtains for us, only a draw against the scum, cant see us beating Reading and if we are lucky a draw against Charlton, i just hope we get through this and build for next season..ON THE BALL CITY....

The font size button is on the top left of the input box, Vinyl Collector. It''s default is 3..for a reason.Anyway, as depressing and demoralizing as the result is, no it''s not over yet. Winning against Watford, is likely. I expect us to win. I also expect Forest to lose to United, but that''s by no means a definate and we can''t rely on that happening. If it does, we''ll essentially be in the same position as we was before today - and it won''t be so bad.Forest winning, or us losing, or worse, both, would virtually see our season come to an abrupt end.

^^ I screwed up the font. [8-)]The font size button is on the top left of the input box, Vinyl Collector. It''s default is 3..for a reason.Anyway, as depressing and demoralizing as the result is, no it''s not over yet. Winning against Watford, is likely. I expect us to win. I also expect Forest to lose to United, but that''s by no means a definate and we can''t rely on that happening. If it does, we''ll essentially be in the same position as we was before today - and it won''t be so bad.Forest winning, or us losing, or worse, both, would virtually see our season come to an abrupt end.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Hoolahoop"]

[/quote]

Looking at that Barnsley would be my tip to go down.

[/quote]

So suddenly we''ve gone from ''certain'' to go down amongst many of us, to having 2 teams we could possibly finish above to avoid relegation. It''s one from (at least) 3. Not one from one just because we are the team occupying the relegation zone. Anything can happen in football, especially in this league. No results are predictable.

Btw, Arthur, that post was in no way aimed at you, just following on from your post that Barnsley are also strong possibilities to go down.

[quote user="hogesar"]^^ I screwed up the font. [8-)]The font size button is on the top left of the input box, Vinyl Collector. It''s default is 3..for a reason.Anyway, as depressing and demoralizing as the result is, no it''s not over yet. Winning against Watford, is likely. I expect us to win. I also expect Forest to lose to United, but that''s by no means a definate and we can''t rely on that happening. If it does, we''ll essentially be in the same position as we was before today - and it won''t be so bad.Forest winning, or us losing, or worse, both, would virtually see our season come to an abrupt end.[/quote]Actually it''s 2 [:)]

Well you could beat Ipswich as they are poor at home and should get something against us.

Was anyone expecting anything other than a defeat today? Last week''s loss cost us much more. But it is far from over. I think everyone agrees that Monday is a must win. I think we are definitely going to need six more points, possibly more. So a defeat on Monday would mean that we have to get one win out of Reading and Ipswich, and then beat Charlton to have any hope.

I am stating the bleedin'' obvious, aren''t I. Sorry.