Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

If only we had Spillane back

And maybe if Semmi was playing in League 2 he would look as good as Spillane , the Luton 2 are not the answer they are no better than we have here now and probably a fair bit worse. We have been recruiting sub standard players ever since we got relegated from the Premiership and this seasons relegation has been waiting to happen for 3 seasons now . Will we learn next season ? no we will try and do everything on the cheap in League 1 and struggle again .

i''ve seen semmi a few times now, and spillane for that matter. I guarentee you spillane is 10 time the player semmi is, all semmi has is pace, and he doesn''t give a toss about NCFC to boot

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Disagree, you can''t be worse than Semmy.[/quote]Unless you''re that Velasco guy...what ever happened to him? After Plymouth did he just give up with football? I would have done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Velasco_Damasthere apparently! I never saw Velasco, but lol at the fact he displaced semmi from the team in the first place. What is he still doing in the first team beggars belief!

Juan Velasco had 1 bad game for us and was never seen again.. this being a player who had been involved with his countrys national side and played in one of the top leagues in the world against some of the best players in the world...

and we kept faith with Semmy.....

jas :)

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And maybe if Semmi was playing in League 2 he would look as good as Spillane , the Luton 2 are not the answer they are no better than we have here now and probably a fair bit worse. We have been recruiting sub standard players ever since we got relegated from the Premiership and this seasons relegation has been waiting to happen for 3 seasons now . Will we learn next season ? no we will try and do everything on the cheap in League 1 and struggle again .
[/quote]

I think the fans who think we are going to take league 1 by storm and come straight back up are in for a rather rude awakening, with all the cost cutting that is likely to go on in the summer we will yet again be fielding a weak team next year. Without new money coming into the club in the summer we are buggered, league 1 is not for the faint hearted.

As you say relegation has been getting closer every year and could have been avoided if the fools in charge had changed their ways a couple of years ago, you can only get away with selling your best players for so long before it comes back and bites you on the bum.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Juan Velasco had 1 bad game for us and was never seen again.. this being a player who had been involved with his countrys national side and played in one of the top leagues in the world against some of the best players in the world...

and we kept faith with Semmy.....

jas :)

[/quote]You are right actually. He was probably not fit at the time as well, if i remember correctly..